Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

A Few Custom Seats I Have For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 07:41 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Default A Few Custom Seats I Have For Sale

I have a few seats I am ready to sell, hopefully to those who will provide feedback for forum members. The two seats below are a new model coming out in June. They have been specifically designed for those wanting to retain use of the oem seat belts. The belts can function properly inside the seat. I have brackets to mount these to the oem tracks or any of our other mounting brackets can be used.

I also have the one seat below, but no matching passenger side.

PM me with mounting preference (oem track mounts, aluminum floor rails, our sliding bracket, etc.) to determine pricing. If you buy either of the top two seats and need a matching passenger seat, they should be here by June.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:07 PM
KevinD92
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Price for the checkered seat with OEM mounting rails and a matching passenger seat?
Old 03-30-2016, 09:23 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by KevinD92
Price for the checkered seat with OEM mounting rails and a matching passenger seat?
I will have more of the diamond stitched seat at the top right in June. I only have one now, which came as a sample for our approval. The one I have with oem seat track brackets would be $898.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:46 PM
instg8er
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

How wide are they?
Old 03-30-2016, 11:47 PM
KevinD92
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Does that include the passenger seat?
Old 03-31-2016, 07:27 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by instg8er
How wide are they?
The one with the external seat belt hole is the width of the Recaro Pole Position. The other seats are wider in hip area - they flare outward so the belts can fit inside.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:28 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

To make things easier, standard pricing is below. PM me your zip code hardware choice and I'll let you know what I could offer delivered. I do not have 2 of the same seats in stock. These were samples sent for approval. I will have 30 seats in June. I should be receiving one more sample like the top left picture (enlarged flared lap belt holes and flat panel inserts) by next week.

Seat - $799
OEM Track Mounts - $99
Aluminum Floor Rail Kit - $319
Brackets, Sliders and Side Mount Kit - $347
Old 03-31-2016, 09:44 AM
Silver -V-
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A couple of questions -

1) Is there a slot for my anti-sub belt?
2) How wide are the seats? I'm 6'1, 225, and I find a lot of seats too narrow in the hips for comfortable driving
Old 03-31-2016, 10:26 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Silver -V-
A couple of questions -

1) Is there a slot for my anti-sub belt?
2) How wide are the seats? I'm 6'1, 225, and I find a lot of seats too narrow in the hips for comfortable driving
There is a sub belt slot. The bolsters on these are flared in the hip area, which is what allows the seat belts to come inside the shell. I'm 5'10" 195 lbs with a 38" waist and they are very comfortable for me. You can see the flare in the hip area in the photos below.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:26 AM
xBoostx
Melting Slicks

Received 251 Likes on 196 Posts

Default Hopefully light weight seats.

Times two I'm 40" waist and 18" seat too narrow for me.

Component weight very important we need weight of seat brackets and sliders for both aluminum and steel.

Are they fiber glass or carbon fiber thanks.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:39 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by xBoostx
Times two I'm 40" waist and 18" seat too narrow for me.

Component weight very important we need weight of seat brackets and sliders for both aluminum and steel.

Are they fiber glass or carbon fiber thanks.
These are fiberglass. If you don't fit in an 18" seat, you wont fit in these.

The aluminum rail kit below is about 9 lbs. with all the hardware, M18 stud extenders, etc.
http://www.marradind.com/proddetail....d=C5C6MASR-T3F

The steel brackets, sliders and side mounts weigh in the low 20's - much heavier. I will weight them again later.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:24 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by marrad
I have the seat below, but no matching passenger side.

The seat above I would like to move to someone wanting to install on the oem tracks. I prefer that is not someone who needs to gain headroom, since no one has done the install yet to provide headroom comparisons. Hopefully it will gain some. It should look something similar to the seat below when installed, as far as function - but with larger headrest holes. The seat below is completely wrapped in leather and $4000 - the one we have has an exposed back.

There is no matching passenger side to this but the seat below has the same upholstery and could be used as a passenger seat. I have 10 with diamond stitching expected in June.

Email is easiest.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:04 AM
ez2spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

So they are $4,000?!
Old 04-03-2016, 01:54 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ez2spd
So they are $4,000?!
No. Previously posted was the prices for the seat and different mounting options.
Seat - $799
OEM Track Mounts - $99

The blue seat is in a Callaway Corvette.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:16 AM
ez2spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

No. Previously posted was the prices for the seat and different mounting options.
Seat - $799
OEM Track Mounts - $99

The blue seat is in a Callaway Corvette.

Ahhhhh ok! I saw that up top but didn't know when I saw $4,000...

I see more will arrive in June/July, can you have a set made with red stitching?! Are the new arrivals going to be $799 also or is this a special since no matching set is available
Old 04-03-2016, 10:03 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ez2spd
Ahhhhh ok! I saw that up top but didn't know when I saw $4,000...

I see more will arrive in June/July, can you have a set made with red stitching?! Are the new arrivals going to be $799 also or is this a special since no matching set is available
I asked about contrasting stitching colors recently but the factory producing them for me said the covers for the first 30 seats are already completed. I held off ordering red, yellow, or blue stitching because I couldn't decide where the color should be. The perimeter stitching is obvious (white X's) but there is double stitching where the yellow X's are as well. I couldn't decide if I would like contrasting stitching that ended in the middle of a seam like at the shoulder. That seam was added to get the cover to form and fit properly.

Opinions? Do both, or only the perimeter?

$799 is the standard price I am aiming for on the new ST3 model above. There is no left or right to that model, the seat is universal.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:23 PM
ez2spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I asked about contrasting stitching colors recently but the factory producing them for me said the covers for the first 30 seats are already completed. I held off ordering red, yellow, or blue stitching because I couldn't decide where the color should be. The perimeter stitching is obvious (white X's) but there is double stitching where the yellow X's are as well. I couldn't decide if I would like contrasting stitching that ended in the middle of a seam like at the shoulder. That seam was added to get the cover to form and fit properly.

Opinions? Do both, or only the perimeter?

$799 is the standard price I am aiming for on the new ST3 model above. There is no left or right to that model, the seat is universal.

<br >
<br > <br >

Get notified of new replies

To A Few Custom Seats I Have For Sale

Old 04-09-2016, 06:22 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

The seat above I would like to move to someone wanting to install on the oem tracks. I prefer that is not someone who needs to gain headroom, since no one has done the install yet to provide headroom comparisons. Hopefully it will gain some. It should look something similar to the seat below when installed, as far as function - but with larger headrest holes. The seat below is completely wrapped in leather and $4000 - the one we have has an exposed back.

There is no matching passenger side to this but the seat below has the same upholstery and could be used as a passenger seat. I have 10 with diamond stitching expected in June.

Email is easiest.
Regarding headroom, whether installed on the oem tracks or with other hardware, removing the rear cushion gains you another 1.5" - 2". You can see the thickness of the cushion below. Just lift it out while wearing a helmet and put it back in when not. We can always make you a foam cushion that is thinner if you don't need to drop that much and want to sit on some foam at the track.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:17 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Email is easiest.
I still have the seat in the top 3 pictures above I'd like to move.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:34 PM
t.renz791
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should I be running a cage (or partial) with one piece seats at the track? I can see the pac of bmw cca turning me around at tech with a seat like that and no roll protection.

Any insight?

Quick Reply: A Few Custom Seats I Have For Sale