Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Want Parts To Add HUD To Your C6? Get The Complete Kit From GM Parts House!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Gene Culley
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

Default Want Parts To Add HUD To Your C6? Get The Complete Kit From GM Parts House!

Hello All,

We have finally put together a C6 HUD kit of our own to offer our forum friends and customers. We wanted to do it right and make it our goal to offer a complete kit so I’m finally happy to say we’ve accomplished our goal.

GM Parts House C6 HUD Kit - $389.99

Click on the link below to order.
http://store.gmpartshouse.com/partlo...catalogid=8669

The kit includes the following items:

GM HUD Bezel
GM HUD Switch
GM HUD Projector
GM Hardware, Including Nuts & Bolts
Custom Wiring Harness W/Splice Connectors

We also provide a complete step-by-step installation downloadable document courtesy of Corvette Forum member PCMusicGuy. Also with our custom harnesses we provide a business card of a very popular forum HUD installer in the event you have any questions or concerns before or during the installation.

Click on the link below to download the instructions.
http://www.gmpartshouse.com/installd...tion-rev-2.pdf

Shop Our Factory GM Parts Website

Old 02-14-2014, 05:23 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 742 Likes on 470 Posts

approx how long would or should it take a first timer. Thanks
Old 02-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Dan07250
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have asked Auto Body shops and car stereo businesses if I bought it would they install it. After reviewing the directions ( which look simple to me ) three places said they were afraid to take on the task. Im in CT so if you know of anyone out this way please let me know . I want to buy one for sure
Old 02-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Gene Culley

Originally Posted by yamabob
approx how long would or should it take a first timer. Thanks
Honestly, I would say a full day or perhaps a few hours on Saturday and a few on Sunday over a weekend.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:28 AM
yamabob
Drifting

Thank's Gene. Just in case i were to run in to trouble anyone near that can assist. Time to order
Old 02-19-2014, 09:57 PM
Gene Culley

Thank's Gene. Just in case i were to run in to trouble anyone near that can assist. Time to order
Andrew6 here on the forum here provides us with the harnesses and he does hundreds of installs per year and his card is included. You can contact him and he is very nice and will provide assistance.

Other than that, don't worry about it too much or you'll talk yourself out of it. The water is warm. Jump in and don't worry about it.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:37 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Feel free to give me a call with concerns.

Andrew
(832) 457 9253
Old 02-20-2014, 01:30 AM
charlie-vette
Intermediate

Hi Gene. I purchased one of your kits back in late November off eBay as "charlie-vette" and just installed it last week, as it was "too cold" here in Naples, FL until then... I used your instructions, http://www.gmpartshouse.com/installd...tion-rev-2.pdf and did NOT remove the dash. Some shortcuts that worked for me on my 2007 auto trans were all in removing the shifter console/radio/AC surround: After removing the center console lid, remove the selective ride control dummy cover (or actual switch assy) and remove the two 7mm head bolts next to the power outlet. Lift up the emergency brake boot at its base to release the two clips that hold it and remove the two 7mm head bolts that attach the side panel under the boot. Now, the shifter console/radio/AC surround can be removed per the instructions. Note: The electrical connector on the power outlet near the traction control can only be removed with a small push tool inserted into the hole in the metal facing "up" to the bottom of the shifter console/radio/AC surround. I used the short end of a "90 degree" 1/16" allen wrench. Total time to remove the shifter console/radio/AC surround...under 10 minutes. Total time for a first time HUD installation was about 3+ hours and I took my time, so as to not break anything! Looks and works great. Thanks for a quality kit. Charlie

Last edited by charlie-vette; 03-05-2014 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Reread my post and remembered: I did have to remove those two side panel 7mm head bolts under the emergenct brake boot!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:33 PM
Gene Culley

Originally Posted by charlie-vette
Hi Gene. I purchased one of your kits back in late November off eBay as "charlie-vette" and just installed it last week, as it was "too cold" here in Naples, FL until then... I used your instructions, http://www.gmpartshouse.com/installd...tion-rev-2.pdf and did NOT remove the dash. Some shortcuts that worked for me on my 2007 auto trans were all in removing the shifter console/radio/AC surround: After removing the center console lid, remove the selective ride control dummy cover (or actual switch assy) and remove the 10mm head bolt AND the two 7mm head bolts next to the power outlet. Now, the shifter console/radio/AC surround can be removed per the instructions. Note: The electrical connector on the power outlet near the traction control can only be removed with a small push tool inserted into the hole in the metal facing "up" to the bottom of the shifter console/radio/AC surround. I used the short end of a "90 degree" 1/16" allen wrench. Total time to remove the shifter console/radio/AC surround...under 10 minutes. Total time for a first time HUD installation was about 3+ hours and I took my time, so as to not break anything! Looks and works great. Thanks for a quality kit. Charlie
Thank you for your business and the positive feedback. We appreciate the notes!
Old 02-27-2014, 08:51 AM
yamabob
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gene Culley
Andrew6 here on the forum here provides us with the harnesses and he does hundreds of installs per year and his card is included. You can contact him and he is very nice and will provide assistance.

Other than that, don't worry about it too much or you'll talk yourself out of it. The water is warm. Jump in and don't worry about it.
Thanks for that!!

Originally Posted by Andrew6
Feel free to give me a call with concerns.

Andrew
(832) 457 9253
I appreciate it Andrew

Originally Posted by charlie-vette
Hi Gene. I purchased one of your kits back in late November off eBay as "charlie-vette" and just installed it last week, as it was "too cold" here in Naples, FL until then... I used your instructions, http://www.gmpartshouse.com/installd...tion-rev-2.pdf and did NOT remove the dash. Some shortcuts that worked for me on my 2007 auto trans were all in removing the shifter console/radio/AC surround: After removing the center console lid, remove the selective ride control dummy cover (or actual switch assy) and remove the 10mm head bolt AND the two 7mm head bolts next to the power outlet. Now, the shifter console/radio/AC surround can be removed per the instructions. Note: The electrical connector on the power outlet near the traction control can only be removed with a small push tool inserted into the hole in the metal facing "up" to the bottom of the shifter console/radio/AC surround. I used the short end of a "90 degree" 1/16" allen wrench. Total time to remove the shifter console/radio/AC surround...under 10 minutes. Total time for a first time HUD installation was about 3+ hours and I took my time, so as to not break anything! Looks and works great. Thanks for a quality kit. Charlie
Now that was useful . Thanks all
Old 03-12-2014, 10:21 PM
derv3tt3
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Yamabob,Steve Doton might be close to you.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:06 AM
ANGRY Z
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

good deal... possible upgrade later for the LS2 car
Old 03-13-2014, 06:49 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Originally Posted by derv3tt3
Yamabob,Steve Doton might be close to you.
Thanks for that!!!

I just got back home after being away and m kit arrived safe and sound. Gene-awesome communication
Old 03-13-2014, 08:41 PM
DezVette
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I have one of the HUD systems being delivered tomorrow. I've seen a few posts and videos on the net stating there is an issue with an internal mirror coming off it's mount point. Being that I will have the unit already outside of the vehicle, I was wondering if it would be wise to go in and reinforce the mount points somehow? Is there any good information posted on how one would go about doing this?
Old 03-15-2014, 04:28 PM
yamabob
Drifting

can anyone help with this . on the black harness I have to connect the Class 2 hud wire to the brown wire Pin 7 and pin 16 are brown. Which do I use . Thanks
Old 03-15-2014, 06:14 PM
NoRuls
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Dan07250 Steve Doten is an installer that gets great accolades on the forum. He's on RT 5 in S Windsor, CT. 860-989-8972

Last edited by NoRuls; 03-15-2014 at 06:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-15-2014, 07:25 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Originally Posted by NoRuls
Dan07250 Steve Doten is an installer that gets great accolades on the forum. He's on RT 5 in S Windsor, CT. 860-989-8972

Thanks. I called Andrew and he straightened me out. I was reading the plug backwards.

Andrew I have to thank you for taking the time to call back on a Sat afternoon!!!!!

All in and a pretty dang cool mod

Get notified of new replies

To Want Parts To Add HUD To Your C6? Get The Complete Kit From GM Parts House!

Old 03-15-2014, 08:24 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Thanks. I called Andrew and he straightened me out. I was reading the plug backwards.

Andrew I have to thank you for taking the time to call back on a Sat afternoon!!!!!

All in and a pretty dang cool mod
not a problem. As long as I hear my phone I'll try and answer
Old 03-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Gene Culley

Thanks for the business guys! Andrew is certainly the best. We do not recommend any other installers.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:26 PM
Zeekaral
Instructor

Totally off topic but Gene I need 2 front base caliper brackets can you quote me including shipping to 75043 I can't find out how to PM you.

Quick Reply: Want Parts To Add HUD To Your C6? Get The Complete Kit From GM Parts House!