Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

ZR1 Rear Mudflap - Rear section | INTRO SALE

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 11:57 AM
C7 Carbon
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 193 Posts

Old 11-04-2013, 01:11 PM
checkmayt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Order 1824, whats the status? I'm showing #4 on the list above, and still have not received a tracking number......
Old 11-06-2013, 04:26 PM
C7 Carbon

Originally Posted by checkmayt
Order 1824, whats the status? I'm showing #4 on the list above, and still have not received a tracking number......
We will double check with production and see how many will ship out this week
Old 11-12-2013, 04:43 PM
checkmayt
Advanced

Originally Posted by C7 Carbon
We will double check with production and see how many will ship out this week
Status?
Old 11-15-2013, 12:58 AM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow, being a business owner myself, you guys are seriously lacking communication skills. I'm in the market but after reading this thread there is no way I would ever do business with your company. Hopefully you learn from this situation.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:06 PM
C7 Carbon

Mud flaps are packed and ready to ship
Old 11-21-2013, 10:39 AM
checkmayt
Advanced

Have these not shipped out this week for some reason?????

Still don't have a tracking number.....
Old 11-21-2013, 11:41 AM
C7 Carbon

Originally Posted by checkmayt
Have these not shipped out this week for some reason?????

Still don't have a tracking number.....
What is your order #? Make sure we email you the information
Old 11-21-2013, 12:29 PM
checkmayt
Advanced

Old 11-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Smellozoid
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 C6 of Year Finalist

What about my order #2047? I have received everything except these.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:43 AM
barduch
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just received my replacement set of mud flaps. The quality looks 100% better and the mounting tabs look as though they will accept the OEM clips without too much trimming. They even included the two sided tape that is standard on the OEMs. They look great. I am guessing that the fit will also be much better. I'll post up some pics when I install them.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Ryan@c7carbon

Originally Posted by barduch
Just received my replacement set of mud flaps. The quality looks 100% better and the mounting tabs look as though they will accept the OEM clips without too much trimming. They even included the two sided tape that is standard on the OEMs. They look great. I am guessing that the fit will also be much better. I'll post up some pics when I install them.
Thank you for the opportunity to make everything ok with your order. Can't wait to see the pictures of the new units installed and please let me know how we can help you
Old 11-27-2013, 11:23 PM
studiovette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just ordered mine yesterday what is the status! Lol . Just kidding.
Just curious and excited to see how the new fitment is. Barduch keep us posted.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:30 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

This photo is from another C7 thread and shows a ZR1 front fender splash guard. I can't find this item on your web site.

BJK
Attached Images  
Old 12-03-2013, 02:04 PM
C7 Carbon

Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp
This photo is from another C7 thread and shows a ZR1 front fender splash guard. I can't find this item on your web site.

BJK

That looks like the Mud flaps that attache to the side skirts.. in front of the rear tire.. We just got the Front fender Mud Flpas in and will start making the molds..
Old 01-26-2014, 09:44 AM
barduch
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ryan@c7carbon
Thank you for the opportunity to make everything ok with your order. Can't wait to see the pictures of the new units installed and please let me know how we can help you
Hi Ryan, thanks again for sending the new set. I am finally in the process of installing the new pieces. The left one went on with just a little bit of trimming and drilling necessary. Had to trim the slide in tabs and drill two new holes on the bottom (none of this visible so no issues there). The shape/arc of the left piece is almost perfect. The double stick tape is particularly helpful and I even added a bit more that I picked up in the craft department at WalMart. The left one looks good and I will post pics soon. The right one, which coincidentally was the big problem with the first set, is still far from perfect. I am mid way through installing that one right now. The shape/arc is not nearly as close as is the left piece. I have had to do a lot of trimming on the tabs (almost to the point of removing them) and drilled new bottom holes just as with the left piece. My hope is that the double stick tape will be sufficient to hold the upper end of the piece in place. As received, it sticks out about half an inch when the bottom portion is properly positioned flush against the other body panels. This is obviously a challenging piece to manufacture particularly in consideration of the unforgiving stiffness of the carbon fiber compared to the relative flexibility of the OEM plastic pieces. I will post pics later today. I love the look of the real CF as opposed to the hydrocarbon graphics. The first set of HC pieces that I installed were completely trashed by gravel thrown up by the tires after one season. For that reason, I have sprayed many coats of 3M paint protector on these new ones. I paid a professional installer to apply 3M clear bra on the first C7 CF pieces but even the professionals could not do a very good job with all of those tight curves. This will be a good test for the spray on 3M. Even though I am pretty handy at working on my cars and I have a 4 post lift and every tool necessary it is still taking about two to three hours a side to trim and properly install these pieces. Has anyone else attempted to install theirs yet?
Old 01-26-2014, 07:05 PM
barduch
Drifting

Default photos

Here are a few photos of the left side. As I mentioned above it was a fairly easy install. The right side is still a work in progress. I have tried a couple of different approaches with no success as yet. The very top section pops out after I secure the bottom portion which is the final step of reassembly. I am trying new tape and allowing the top to sit overnight before flexing the bottom to secure it. It is becoming a bit of a PITA, but it is 2 degrees outside with blowing snow and going down to minus 18 tonight. So I have plenty of time to experiment with different approaches to salvage a poorly made piece. You'll notice in the third picture that the bottom of the new piece protrudes further into the wheel well than the OEM. It will be the same for the right side if I ever get that to fit.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 Rear Mudflap - Rear section | INTRO SALE

Old 01-28-2014, 04:15 AM
studiovette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Barduch Thanks for posting pics. I have a set I just got about 2 weeks ago that I have not even attempted to install yet as I am dreading the process of having to do what your doing. I don't even want to remove my OEM ones if this is the case.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:51 AM
barduch
Drifting

Originally Posted by studiovette
Barduch Thanks for posting pics. I have a set I just got about 2 weeks ago that I have not even attempted to install yet as I am dreading the process of having to do what your doing. I don't even want to remove my OEM ones if this is the case.
I am curious to hear how your set fits and in particular the right piece. I found that it was pretty simple to gain access to the one screw that goes through the lower rear quarter panel and attaches directly to the mud flap by removing the four screws on the bottom that attach to the rear diffuser and bottom rear of the wheel well liner. Then just remove the 3 rear interior screws (they are in a triangular formation) from the wheel well liner and twist the liner back to expose the one screw that attaches the mud flap. Once you have that screw removed and the little spring clip at the very top of the mud flap removed, the OEM mud flap will pull free with some gentle tugging to unstick the two sided tape.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:45 PM
C7 Carbon

Originally Posted by barduch
I am curious to hear how your set fits and in particular the right piece. I found that it was pretty simple to gain access to the one screw that goes through the lower rear quarter panel and attaches directly to the mud flap by removing the four screws on the bottom that attach to the rear diffuser and bottom rear of the wheel well liner. Then just remove the 3 rear interior screws (they are in a triangular formation) from the wheel well liner and twist the liner back to expose the one screw that attaches the mud flap. Once you have that screw removed and the little spring clip at the very top of the mud flap removed, the OEM mud flap will pull free with some gentle tugging to unstick the two sided tape.

Hello,

Thank you for your feed back. We shipped almost all the orders for these mud flaps and so far we haven't had issues with the new modified mud flaps. If the right side is way off then it is possible that our shipping team accidentally grabbed and packed one of the old mud flaps that had the fitment issues. Would you like me to send you a replacement for that one side?

Quick Reply: ZR1 Rear Mudflap - Rear section | INTRO SALE