Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

2008 ZO6 Heads

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 12:39 PM
GarrettZ
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 ZO6 Heads

10,200 miles. All guides measured and in spec. I recently did cam,heads,exhaust was the reason I took them off. $1250 shipped. I won't take any less so don't bother. e-mail me if you would like pictures. thanks

Last edited by GarrettZ; 04-09-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Griffee
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

bump for good heads
Old 02-12-2013, 07:29 PM
GarrettZ
6th Gear

still for sale
Old 02-14-2013, 07:58 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Please post guide measurements.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:31 PM
GarrettZ
6th Gear

still for sale.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:46 PM
GarrettZ
6th Gear

bump again
Old 04-09-2013, 07:16 AM
GarrettZ
6th Gear

still for sale
Old 04-16-2013, 05:43 PM
GarrettZ
6th Gear

to the top
Old 04-27-2013, 10:15 AM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

You joined on 2/4 and listed a $1,250 set of cylinder heads the same day.
You haven't filled out your user profile to specify your physical location (are you in Boston or Baghdad)?
Also you didn't post pictures of the item you are selling and have requested people contact you for details on a disposable (Yahoo) email address.
I say this all as friendly advice - if you want to sell your heads instead of just list them I'd start by filling out your user profile and posting pictures.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:26 PM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by mdaniel
You haven't filled out your user profile to specify your physical location (are you in Boston or Baghdad)?
Also you didn't post pictures of the item you are selling and have requested people contact you for details on a disposable (Yahoo) email address.
I say this all as friendly advice - if you want to sell your heads instead of just list them I'd start by filling out your user profile and posting pictures.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:52 PM
SSMOKE
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond
Please post guide measurements.
And who measured them.

I am considering this purchase. I would/will like to have them sent to WCCH. A big plus for me if you're on the west coast.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:22 PM
SSMOKE
Burning Brakes

Wow! When I click on the e-mail link that you posted I get a "WARNING: Possible phishing site."
Old 04-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Griffee
Pro

Yes he did exactly as you claim. My shop did a heads and cam set up for him. I posted the heads for sale for him to help him out, and was told by the moderators that I was not allowed to do so as it was against forum rules.

So I made the owner of the heads (Garrett) come to my shop, and showed him the message forum and how to sign up for it. He had never been on the message board before, and I think the only time he gets on is when he is at my shop visiting or when he wants to bump the ad.

One he can't post pictures because of his post count I think, and two I don't think he would even have a clue how to do it.

ODC Machine shop measured the guides. I took them there for him as I was curious myself to see how they measured. I can assure you this the heads have mileage that is stated, and it is no sham.

Hope that answers some of the questions.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:56 PM
SSMOKE
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Griffee
Yes he did exactly as you claim. My shop did a heads and cam set up for him. I posted the heads for sale for him to help him out, and was told by the moderators that I was not allowed to do so as it was against forum rules.

So I made the owner of the heads (Garrett) come to my shop, and showed him the message forum and how to sign up for it. He had never been on the message board before, and I think the only time he gets on is when he is at my shop visiting or when he wants to bump the ad.

One he can't post pictures because of his post count I think, and two I don't think he would even have a clue how to do it.

ODC Machine shop measured the guides. I took them there for him as I was curious myself to see how they measured. I can assure you this the heads have mileage that is stated, and it is no sham.

Hope that answers some of the questions.
Cool and thanks for posting. I am interested in these heads (I think the price is a little high.) mostly because they are in spec and also because my '07 has 10,300 miles. (Somewhat irrelevant. Just me.)

Anyway, do you happen to know if he is the original owner and whether or not the car was tuned prior, and/or track time, garage queen??? etc...

I did a quick GOOGLE search and it seems ODC Machine Shop is in FL. Is it safe to assume the heads are in the Sunshine State? (My home state.) What is the name of your shop?

Thanks again. My tentative plan is to have these heads sent to WCCH. Call me crazy, but I want to re-use ALL valves with bronze guides. Basically, I want to use these as an EQUAL (starting point) core replacement for my heads.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Griffee
Pro

Originally Posted by SSMOKE
Cool and thanks for posting. I am interested in these heads (I think the price is a little high.) mostly because they are in spec and also because my '07 has 10,300 miles. (Somewhat irrelevant. Just me.)

Anyway, do you happen to know if he is the original owner and whether or not the car was tuned prior, and/or track time, garage queen??? etc...

I did a quick GOOGLE search and it seems ODC Machine Shop is in FL. Is it safe to assume the heads are in the Sunshine State? (My home state.) What is the name of your shop?

Thanks again. My tentative plan is to have these heads sent to WCCH. Call me crazy, but I want to re-use ALL valves with bronze guides. Basically, I want to use these as an EQUAL (starting point) core replacement for my heads.
He has had the car since new. Once the warranty was up he decided to go for more power. He didn't take the heads off because of the dropped valve paranoia. He doesn't even know or care about the valve issue.

He drives the car to and from work, and plays with it here and there, and yes garaged. He has plenty of vehicles to choose from to drive.

Located in Vero Beach Florida.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:46 PM
SSMOKE
Burning Brakes

Payment sent to Griffee for GarrettZ's heads. Now to WCCH for a rebuild, a TORQUER cam from KATECH and I should be GTG.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:34 PM
SSMOKE
Burning Brakes

Smooth transaction. As advertised, heads are CHERRY! My 07's with the same miles (10,200) will be up for sale in about two weeks and they're just as CHERRY.

Get notified of new replies

To 2008 ZO6 Heads

Quick Reply: 2008 ZO6 Heads