Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

New Borla Atak, S-type II, and Touring Exhausts Available & On Sale @ MarylandSpeed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 06:40 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Default New Borla Atak, S-type II, and Touring Exhausts Available & On Sale @ MarylandSpeed!

We are excited to offer Borla's new Atak, S-Type II and Touring exhausts for the C6 Corvette Available and On Sale. These systems have been totally redesigned for better performance and AWESOME sound. We have them on sale for the best price out there and are including FREE shipping! These systems feature redesigned mufflers and muffler orientation, along with better looking semi oval stainless tips. Each system is available as an Axleback which connects to your stock or aftermaket H/X-pipe, or as a full catback, which replaces everything (including factory H or X-pipe) up to your factory cats. It is recommended that you only buy the Axleback if you have or plan on getting headers later, as most header systems require the use of their own X-pipe.

IF you have questions, call us @ 443-730-9428!

Which exhaust to choose?

The video at the link below best explains the differences-

• Touring is Borla's quietest exhaust. It sounds like stock just driving around, but when you get on it, you know a performance exhaust is on the car.
  • S-Type II is the middle child of Borla's exhaust line. It is a little louder at stock, and a good bit louder under load. However it is still controlled enough for most people in daily driving.
  • Atak is the newest, and wildest exhaust on the block. It is unmistakably the loudest, and most aggresive tone Borla has offered. However, Borla has been able to use their patented ATAK muffller technology to make this system have street manners, and be acceptable on a daily driver for someone who does not mind an agressive exhaust!
Order at the links below!

2009+ Base C6 & Grand Sport (LS3) Axleback

Atak Axleback - http://marylandspeed.com/borla-atak-...12-p-3550.html

S-Type II Axleback - http://marylandspeed.com/borla-stype...11-p-3551.html

Touring Axleback - http://marylandspeed.com/borla-touri...10-p-3552.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
2009+ Base C6 & Grand Sport (LS3) FULL CATBACK with X-pipe-

Atak Catback with X-pipe - http://marylandspeed.com/borla-atak-...14-p-3580.html

S-Type II Catback with X-pipe - http://marylandspeed.com/borla-stype...40-p-3581.html

Touring Catback with X-pipe - http://marylandspeed.com/borla-touri...41-p-3582.html

----------------------------------------------------------------
2005-2008 C6 with LS2 and LS3 Axleback

Atak Axleback - http://marylandspeed.com/borla-atak-...16-p-3573.html

S-Type II Axleback - http://marylandspeed.com/borla-stype...15-p-3572.html

Touring Axleback - http://marylandspeed.com/borla-touri...14-p-3575.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2005-2008 C6 with LS2 and LS3 FULL Catback with X-pipe -

Atak Catback with X-pipe - http://marylandspeed.com/borla-atak-...53-p-3576.html

S-Type II Catback with X-pipe - http://marylandspeed.com/borla-stype...52-p-3577.html

Touring Catback with X-pipe - http://marylandspeed.com/borla-touri...51-p-3578.html

Last edited by MarylandSpeed; 07-25-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:03 PM
GTRacer87
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so these arent a mild to wild style system right?
Old 10-30-2011, 04:30 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

No? That's a switch for the stock NPP exhaust.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:05 PM
GTRacer87
Cruising

Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed
No? That's a switch for the stock NPP exhaust.
i meant a system with a vacuum style flap. I have a 1000rwhp c6z06 i know what mild to wild is. lol i asked because after watching the videos from borla they made it sound like it was a bi-modal system.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:04 AM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Only Bi Mode system we sell is B&B Fusion.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 PM
htvette
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Will the catback systems be compatible with Kooks LT or do I have to get a different x-pipe? Thanks.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Luweegy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a ATAK axelback for the C6 Z06?
Old 12-11-2011, 05:25 PM
djbrun
Melting Slicks

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Luweegy
Is there a ATAK axelback for the C6 Z06?
Looks like there is two, one with the intercooled tips and one with non-intercooled tips.

DJ
Old 12-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Luweegy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djbrun
Looks like there is two, one with the intercooled tips and one with non-intercooled tips.

DJ
That's the old style,I was looking for the new style. The old style have to be the worst set of axelback to install made.Sound great though.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:21 PM
David Borla
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by GTRacer87
i meant a system with a vacuum style flap. I have a 1000rwhp c6z06 i know what mild to wild is. lol i asked because after watching the videos from borla they made it sound like it was a bi-modal system.
Our systems for the C6 are not bi-modal. There's no question that adding valves would have been the easiest way for us to keep the car quiet at low RPMs and exciting under acceleration and at high RPMs but from an exhaust design perspective valves add unnecessary weight, unnecessary liability (moving parts), unnecessary cost and do not sound better than a properly designed exhaust system.

The 3 different sound profiles we created (ATAK, S-Type and Touring) each are exciting at start -up, then become more subdued at low RPMs and at cruise with absolutely no drone, and when you step on the throttle it sounds even better than a valve opening because it's an incremental increase in energy that happens gradually over throttle positioning rather than a large increase in energy from one moment to the next.

Think of a valved system as turning on a light with a switch while our systems give you the control of a dimmer by use of the throttle. With a light switch there are 2 positions, on and off, that's it. With a dimmer you have much more control for a wider variety of driving conditions.

And it's worth mentioning again that these systems do not drone, in any gear, at any RPM, manual or automatic.

Cheers!

Last edited by David Borla; 02-10-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:34 PM
BWM C6GS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by David Borla
Our systems for the C6 are not bi-modal. There's no question that adding valves would have been the easiest way for us to keep the car quiet at low RPMs and exciting under acceleration and at high RPMs but from an exhaust design perspective valves add unnecessary weight, unnecessary liability (moving parts), unnecessary cost and do not sound better than a properly designed exhaust system.

The 3 different sound profiles we created (ATAK, S-Type and Touring) each are exciting at start -up, then become more subdued at low RPMs and at cruise with absolutely no drone, and when you step on the throttle it sounds even better than a valve opening because it's an incremental increase in energy that happens gradually over throttle positioning rather than a large increase in energy from one moment to the next.

Think of a valved system as turning on a light with a switch while our systems give you the control of a dimmer by use of the throttle. With a light switch there are 2 positions, on and off, that's it. With a dimmer you have much more control for a wider variety of driving conditions.

And it's worth mentioning again that these systems do not drone, in any gear, at any RPM, manual or automatic.

Cheers!
Thank you for your personal response David. This is the kind of attention to detail appreciated. Good analogy on progressive sound tuning too! Great for us that you applied your extensive engineering expertise and experience to address the generally undesirable drone issue, yet providing a unique "Corvette" sound. Result? A simple and elegant system!
Old 02-12-2012, 01:55 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Thanks for the great writeup David!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:40 AM
1FUNC5
Le Mans Master

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

whiat size are the tips on these exhausts?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:43 AM
THE BLACK WIDOW
Pro

Just ordered my Borla catback.. great service, super fast shipping and great price!

J
Old 05-24-2012, 02:46 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Thanks for the order!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Y2KC5
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed
A reminder for everyone! Great prices and free shipping at MarylandSpeed! Order on-line or call 443-730-9428. Thanks for the orders so far!
Sent you a PM but didn't get a reply. I didn't see Corsa "Touring" on your web site for a 2010 GS. Can you give me a price quote w quad tips.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 06-16-2012, 04:23 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

A reminder for everyone! Great prices and free shipping at MarylandSpeed! Order on-line or call 443-730-9428. Thanks for the orders so far!

Get notified of new replies

To New Borla Atak, S-type II, and Touring Exhausts Available & On Sale @ MarylandSpeed!

Old 06-17-2012, 08:41 AM
bradenW
Drifting

I had a set of borla stingers on my C5 and they were wicked.

Which catback is louder for the C6 Z06? The atak or the stingers? I love the crazy aggressive sound. I have a B&B Fusion on now and it just seems like nothing but a bass drone across the entire rpm range. Doesn't have that scary sound my stingers did on the C5.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:38 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

The Atak is loudest. Thanks!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:11 AM
bradenW
Drifting

Will the Atak bolt up to a kooks x-pipe? I don't see an axle-back offering for the Atak on the site. The only one I see is for a full catback with their x-pipe.

Quick Reply: New Borla Atak, S-type II, and Touring Exhausts Available & On Sale @ MarylandSpeed!