Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

2012 Seat Conversion Packages for your 2005-2011

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 06:57 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 Seat Conversion Packages for your 2005-2011

so here's the proverbial "here we go"

I can tell you I have been researching this up and down, in and out and any other way you can think of. I have talked with multiple reps from GM and have reviewed engineering blueprints (no schematics in catalog yet). From everything that myself, and all involved can tell, this is everything that is needed. I have verified that the seat heaters, passenger presence modules, seat adjusters, recliners etc, are all the same and can be reused. I will also say here publicly, *if* there is something I missed, trim panel, or whatever, I will send it to you at no additional cost to you, and update the package and pricing next month if we run into that.

Availability is EXTREMELY limited on some of these parts, so please, be patient with me if it does take some time to get your order together. If there is a delay in your order, we will let you know, and give you status updates as we receive them.

This is a complete kit of all OEM GM parts needed to convert your 2005-2011 C6 to the new design 2012 C6 seats.

Package Includes;
All 6 Seat Covers
All 6 Seat Pads
Seat Back Release Handle, Cable & Bezel
Seat Cushion Frames (Passenger & Driver)

The Seat cushion frame is different on the 2012 then earlier models, making it necessary to replace the seat frame. This is attached to the seat adjuster/riser. The recliners and modules/sensors from your existing seat will transfer over to the new seat frame.

As there are so many options available with these new seats, when ordering, please note in the comment section of the order
1) What Color (if tow tone, what color combination) you are ordering
2) What Stitching Color
3) Head Rest Logo if any
4) If you are ordering all Leather/Perforated Leather, or the Leather/Alcantara (Suede) for additional $75

If you are unsure of the availability of your color combination, or have any questions, please email us at parts@partstaxi.com

Price - $1398.66 (+75 for Alcantara [suede] applications)

Order Through This Link ---> 2012 Seat Conversion Package

Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Old 09-07-2011, 08:10 PM
red06c6hm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about a pic of the 2012 seats. GM is dead to me, they should have re-orged, but they sold their soul to the devil, I'll never buy another, nor go anywhere near a dealership, or even vist their web site.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:02 PM
ShowcaseC6
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

what about my side air bags?
Old 09-08-2011, 05:11 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ShowcaseC6
what about my side air bags?
Side Air Bags are the same. You will re-use your existing air bags.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:04 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Do you have the Grand Sport side emblems in black? part #22822494 Right 22822495 Left. If so how much shipped to fl 33909. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:54 AM
Waytofastvette2006
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by red06c6hm
How about a pic of the 2012 seats. GM is dead to me, they should have re-orged, but they sold their soul to the devil, I'll never buy another, nor go anywhere near a dealership, or even vist their web site.
Don't want to change my seats out on my 07 but I hear ya brother GM should be GONE. Glad I own a pre bailout 07 I'll never buy another GM product past 08
Old 09-09-2011, 11:11 AM
torchredfrc
Drifting

Can you state what color combinations are available as well as what stitching colors are available?

Pictures would also help, I've not seen anything other than the stock 2012 centennial edition pictures and it's hard to get a good feel for how the seats look from them. Especially the 2 tone covers / stitching options.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:04 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

Here's a couple of quick pictures for you guys. These are available in and 2012 C6 color combination

Old 09-14-2011, 09:30 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

***2012 Seat Update***

We have successfully sold GM into a back order status on 3 of the key components needed for this conversion. We are still taking orders, and will ship as parts are available. I have no official ETA from GM yet, but being this is a new model year, and they are normally VERY good with parts availability on new MY cars (especially the flagship Corvette), my educated guess is 2-3 weeks until available.

Thanks for understanding,
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Old 09-19-2011, 09:37 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

We look forward to serving you www.Partstaxi.com
Old 09-26-2011, 10:04 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

Thank you for everyone's interest in this new conversion package. As said in other posts, some parts are on back order, delaying fulfillment of the initial orders.

We have had a large number of inquiries asking if if is possible to to change just the seat backs, and not the seat bottoms. This is something you can choose to do. My personal opinion would be to stay with a solid color and same color stitching, possibly with a logo in the headrest. If you went other then that, the seat back and seat bottom wouldn't match, but that's just my opinion, of course it's your car, and you can put whatever you'd like in it. Here is a link for the 2012 Seat Backs Only Conversion Package.

2012 Seat Back Conversion - $789.85
Old 09-26-2011, 10:14 PM
Flying24
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Shot in the dark with so many items to be changed out. Is this an option for 2008 1LT non sport seats?

Originally Posted by PartsTaxi.com
so here's the proverbial "here we go"

I can tell you I have been researching this up and down, in and out and any other way you can think of. I have talked with multiple reps from GM and have reviewed engineering blueprints (no schematics in catalog yet). From everything that myself, and all involved can tell, this is everything that is needed. I have verified that the seat heaters, passenger presence modules, seat adjusters, recliners etc, are all the same and can be reused. I will also say here publicly, *if* there is something I missed, trim panel, or whatever, I will send it to you at no additional cost to you, and update the package and pricing next month if we run into that.

Availability is EXTREMELY limited on some of these parts, so please, be patient with me if it does take some time to get your order together. If there is a delay in your order, we will let you know, and give you status updates as we receive them.

This is a complete kit of all OEM GM parts needed to convert your 2005-2011 C6 to the new design 2012 C6 seats.

Package Includes;
All 6 Seat Covers
All 6 Seat Pads
Seat Back Release Handle, Cable & Bezel
Seat Cushion Frames (Passenger & Driver)

The Seat cushion frame is different on the 2012 then earlier models, making it necessary to replace the seat frame. This is attached to the seat adjuster/riser. The recliners and modules/sensors from your existing seat will transfer over to the new seat frame.

As there are so many options available with these new seats, when ordering, please note in the comment section of the order
1) What Color (if tow tone, what color combination) you are ordering
2) What Stitching Color
3) Head Rest Logo if any
4) If you are ordering all Leather/Perforated Leather, or the Leather/Alcantara (Suede) for additional $75

If you are unsure of the availability of your color combination, or have any questions, please email us at parts@partstaxi.com

Price - $1398.66 (+75 for Alcantara [suede] applications)

Order Through This Link ---> 2012 Seat Conversion Package

Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 Seat Conversion Packages for your 2005-2011

Quick Reply: 2012 Seat Conversion Packages for your 2005-2011