Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

**FS C6 Heavy Duty Seat Bottom Foam *only $69 shipped.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 10:17 PM
DavzC5
Drifting

Location: Houston, TX www.djmotorsportaccessories.com Specializing in C5 & C6 Accessories. DJ Motorsport Accessories.
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

All orders shipped.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:45 AM
DavzC5
Drifting

Location: Houston, TX www.djmotorsportaccessories.com Specializing in C5 & C6 Accessories. DJ Motorsport Accessories.
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

ttt
Old 11-21-2011, 08:56 AM
DavzC5
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Monday bump.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:44 AM
NTRBL33
Le Mans Master

Location: The United States of TEXAS www.corvettemotorsportsinc.com
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Happy Thanksgiving
Old 11-26-2011, 11:10 AM
NTRBL33
Le Mans Master

sales@djmotorsportaccessories.com or call 1-888-715-5349 ext 2
Old 11-27-2011, 06:45 PM
NTRBL33
Le Mans Master

Ttt
Old 11-27-2011, 07:25 PM
C5Enthusiast
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Placed an order for a pair of C5 foams.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:07 PM
DavzC5
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

ttt
Old 12-12-2011, 02:00 PM
DavzC5
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

ttt
Old 12-14-2011, 01:25 PM
DavzC5
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

ttt
Old 12-15-2011, 05:01 PM
vetyello
Intermediate

Default Slight Odor

I installed the foam and its a great improvement. I have noticed the characteristic smell of new foam. When does it go away?
Old 12-19-2011, 05:24 PM
DavzC5
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by vetyello
I installed the foam and its a great improvement. I have noticed the characteristic smell of new foam. When does it go away?
Probably just the 3m adhesive on the velcro and not the foam. Couple days.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:29 AM
ezrizer
Instructor

Default My experience

Arrived in a reasonable amount of time and communication via e-mail was very prompt. Piece looked nice, like a factory replacement part. The original velcro had a small amount of foam around it, the replacement does not for some reason. Pretty straight forward installation although I had a tough time removing the leather where the pull string exits in the lower rear on both side. It was pinched between two parts of the seat frame. Luckily I was able to insert a large screwdriver and pry the components open enough to release the leather, otherwise it would have ripped by just pulling. The instructions don't mention anything about dealing with this issue, perhaps mine was an isolated case. The long narrow leather strips that protect the underside of the foam from the top of the frame were not as long as what shows in the picture and didn't protect the foam from the forward part of the frame which I though was where the protection was needed most. I had to remove these and re-glue them further forward. It would have been nice if they were like the picture.

Seat is very firm now I'll need more seat time more before I make my final judgement on how I like this this. I'm glad I only did one side for now. The side bolster is definately better supported and the leather is much more taunt in this area now however I now have wrinkles in the center section that I didn't have before and they don't seem to be going away. Perhaps the vendor can chime in and provide some guidance on how to prevent this or cure this.
Attached Images   
Old 01-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,958 Likes on 5,346 Posts

Originally Posted by ezrizer
Arrived in a reasonable amount of time and communication via e-mail was very prompt. Piece looked nice, like a factory replacement part. The original velcro had a small amount of foam around it, the replacement does not for some reason. Pretty straight forward installation although I had a tough time removing the leather where the pull string exits in the lower rear on both side. It was pinched between two parts of the seat frame. Luckily I was able to insert a large screwdriver and pry the components open enough to release the leather, otherwise it would have ripped by just pulling. The instructions don't mention anything about dealing with this issue, perhaps mine was an isolated case. The long narrow leather strips that protect the underside of the foam from the top of the frame were not as long as what shows in the picture and didn't protect the foam from the forward part of the frame which I though was where the protection was needed most. I had to remove these and re-glue them further forward. It would have been nice if they were like the picture.

Seat is very firm now I'll need more seat time more before I make my final judgement on how I like this this. I'm glad I only did one side for now. The side bolster is definately better supported and the leather is much more taunt in this area now however I now have wrinkles in the center section that I didn't have before and they don't seem to be going away. Perhaps the vendor can chime in and provide some guidance on how to prevent this or cure this.
One thing you might do to reduce the wrinkles is to dampen the leather in that region and then let it dry. Wet leather shrinks as it drys so it might reduce the wrinkles.

Bill
Old 01-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,958 Likes on 5,346 Posts

Originally Posted by atljar

Instructions on page two are good enough to get an average Joe through the install. The only thing I would change is getting off the recline handle, I found it much easier to grab the clip with a pick from the backside, rather than try to push it out through the tiny access slot.

Thanks
-Jared
All you need is a small flat bladed screw driver to remove the handle. No need to remove the clip. The clip has a shape similar to a horse shoe with the closed end of the horse shoe usually facing upward when the seat is in the car. Just push the upholstery in a little so you can see the clip and use the screwdriver to push on the closed end of the clip while pulling on the handle. By pushing on the closed end you force open the other end of the clip and the handle just slides off. To reinstall all you have to do is leave the clip in place and push the handle on.

Bill
Old 01-11-2012, 08:31 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Ordered a set...
Old 01-11-2012, 09:00 PM
ezrizer
Instructor

Default Wrinkles

Bill, thanks for the input, anybody else got any input on this method? How would you go about wetting it? Lay a wet towel over that area and let it sit for a while? I could mist it with a spray bottle but I would think the water would just run off. I really think the heart of the problem is the foam dimensions and the real solution is to remove the cover and add a thin layer of additoinal foam in the area of the wrinkles.

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
One thing you might do to reduce the wrinkles is to dampen the leather in that region and then let it dry. Wet leather shrinks as it drys so it might reduce the wrinkles.

Bill

Last edited by ezrizer; 01-11-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:13 PM
piran21
Advanced

Is there a heavy duty seat bottom foam for the C5?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 PM
philip_g
Drifting

Originally Posted by ezrizer
Bill, thanks for the input, anybody else got any input on this method? How would you go about wetting it? Lay a wet towel over that area and let it sit for a while? I could mist it with a spray bottle but I would think the water would just run off. I really think the heart of the problem is the foam dimensions and the real solution is to remove the cover and add a thin layer of additoinal foam in the area of the wrinkles.
just following up to see if you have solved your problem.

Quick Reply: **FS C6 Heavy Duty Seat Bottom Foam *only $69 shipped.