Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Z06 Front Bumper Fit To Base C6!!! Need 8 for a presale!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Thompyt
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Any updates on my shipment? Its been over 2 months since the splitter has been at the paint shop. I have been informed by another vendor I can get the same thing through him in less than a week. Whats the deal?

I understand the week wait for the added shipment items, as you informed me telephonically.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:19 PM
C7 Carbon
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 193 Posts

The splitter is now ready for shipment. And all the parts including the parts you purchased about a week ago are now ready .

We also had some bad power outages, including a full black out :X .

Let us know how we can help
Old 09-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Thompyt
Burning Brakes

TYVM Lookimg forward to a shipping number. When are you planning on sending it out?
Old 09-10-2011, 12:32 PM
thegame9377
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This might not be what you guys want to hear, but I'll throw it out here anyway. My shop received this bumper a little over a week ago. They mounted it up on the car and advised the fit wasn't even close. I took a drive down to see what they were talking about, and wow. It didn't line up at the headlights, the fenders didn't line up, there was about a 1.5" gap between the bumper and hood, the turn signals didn't fit into the locations for them, and there was nothing to mount the fog lights to...no screw holes, just a big bulge of fiberglass to screw into, but only at the top, not the bottom, nothing to keep them from just flopping around in there. Also, and I'm going to do my best to describe this, but it wasn't smooth from the bumper to hood...the bumper sat lower than the hood and felt like it needed an extra 2" higher of material to be even with the car/hood.

I was pretty disappointed, as I was really looking forward to this. My shop advised they could "make it fit with hours and hours of modification," but since they couldn't give me even a guesstimate of how many hours/how much money this would take, I said no thanks. I wasn't willing to just have them go to work on it without being able to tell me approx. how many shop hours it would take. I would have been raped.

Sooooo... the next option was just to send it back. The shop is trying to do that, but they're being told they have to pay for freight shipping back (over $200) and the shop is trying to stick me with that bill. :/

Just been a bad experience overall. Hopefully someone else who has received this (a few have received according to past threads) can post up with a positive experience. The fact that we've had people receive them and then never post up final pics/results/reviews is not a good sign though.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Ken07AOVert
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Originally Posted by thegame9377
This might not be what you guys want to hear, but I'll throw it out here anyway. My shop received this bumper a little over a week ago. They mounted it up on the car and advised the fit wasn't even close. I took a drive down to see what they were talking about, and wow. It didn't line up at the headlights, the fenders didn't line up, there was about a 1.5" gap between the bumper and hood, the turn signals didn't fit into the locations for them, and there was nothing to mount the fog lights to...no screw holes, just a big bulge of fiberglass to screw into, but only at the top, not the bottom, nothing to keep them from just flopping around in there. Also, and I'm going to do my best to describe this, but it wasn't smooth from the bumper to hood...the bumper sat lower than the hood and felt like it needed an extra 2" higher of material to be even with the car/hood.

I was pretty disappointed, as I was really looking forward to this. My shop advised they could "make it fit with hours and hours of modification," but since they couldn't give me even a guesstimate of how many hours/how much money this would take, I said no thanks. I wasn't willing to just have them go to work on it without being able to tell me approx. how many shop hours it would take. I would have been raped.

Sooooo... the next option was just to send it back. The shop is trying to do that, but they're being told they have to pay for freight shipping back (over $200) and the shop is trying to stick me with that bill. :/

Just been a bad experience overall. Hopefully someone else who has received this (a few have received according to past threads) can post up with a positive experience. The fact that we've had people receive them and then never post up final pics/results/reviews is not a good sign though.
why would the shop have to cover the shipping? Did they order it for you?
Sounds like you may have to get the courts involved if the vendor is not willing to do something. In any case please keep us posted and up to date, I was thinking of ordering one as well.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Xedes
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame9377

This has been my fear as well. I haven't seen a single body part made by CIANCI posted on this forum other than the splitters. What's up CIANCI??
Old 09-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Thompyt
Burning Brakes

This is causing me to re-think and call to cancel my order. C6Rob had the first one rebuilt. We haven't heard anything from him lately.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:44 PM
corviette
Racer

How is it that some people have received yet there are no pictures up? this may be a cause for concern?
Old 09-10-2011, 02:20 PM
silversvo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corviette
How is it that some people have received yet there are no pictures up? this may be a cause for concern?
possibly, yet some people get the parts and have them put on and totally forget about posting how it came out because they are too ecstatic about the outcome of the car and want to show it off to everyone... lets hope that this is the real reason no pics.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Xedes
Safety Car

Originally Posted by silversvo
possibly, yet some people get the parts and have them put on and totally forget about posting how it came out because they are too ecstatic about the outcome of the car and want to show it off to everyone... lets hope that this is the real reason no pics.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:17 PM
silversvo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Xedes
LMAO!!! just a little wishful thinking since I have an order still pending with Cianci!!
Old 09-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Xedes
Safety Car

Originally Posted by silversvo
LMAO!!! just a little wishful thinking since I have an order still pending with Cianci!!
I wish you luck sir. I was in the original GB but backed out because of the vague photos. I would still like to see this made and made well.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:16 PM
LegendSS28
Racer

Dont mean to be so negative, but im very glad I opted out of this group buy before it was too late. Hopefully Cianci proves me wrong, but it just seems like there is a giant question mark hanging over the production of this bumper and the finished product itself..
Old 09-10-2011, 06:35 PM
thegame9377
Racer

Originally Posted by Ken07AOVert
why would the shop have to cover the shipping? Did they order it for you?
Yeah..long story short, someone backed into my vette and dented the front bumper and scratched up the fog light. I needed a new front bumper and asked the shop if they could order this one for me instead of a stock one. It's being paid for by the other person's insurance company, and they had said it was fine since the cost was (just) less than a stock c6 bumper.

Since it's an accident claim, the shop orders all the parts.

Last edited by thegame9377; 09-10-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:46 PM
ZBADESTZ@Straightline
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They should test fit all major parts before they ship. What's another 2 months?

My buddies spoiler issusue was a nightmare
Old 09-11-2011, 01:27 AM
z2898
Instructor

2016 C6 of Year Finalisof Year Finalist

another 2 months and snow will be on the ground.... im happy i backed out of the GB this was started in april. the summer is over and how many people have gotten theirs 1 person. pretty **** poor i think. im glad i went with another vender on here had it in a week. on the car looks awesome.. at least i got to enjoy the whole summer with it on.. good luck to u guys waiting for it u might get it in 2012 if ur lucky
Old 09-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Xedes
Safety Car

Originally Posted by z2898
another 2 months and snow will be on the ground.... im happy i backed out of the GB this was started in april. the summer is over and how many people have gotten theirs 1 person. pretty **** poor i think. im glad i went with another vender on here had it in a week. on the car looks awesome.. at least i got to enjoy the whole summer with it on.. good luck to u guys waiting for it u might get it in 2012 if ur lucky
Please PM me the vendor you went through.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Front Bumper Fit To Base C6!!! Need 8 for a presale!

Old 09-11-2011, 08:52 AM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by z2898
Why don't you post photos of your car and let us check it out?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:38 PM
C7 Carbon

There have been about 15 units shipped out via CF and direct sales. As far as installing the bumper it is like any composite part, you have to test fit the part and then, align and prep the bumper. We test fit them on our shop C6 with turn signals and fog lights.,

As to the "thegame9377". We spoke with your body shop and the person we spoke to said they werent comfortable isntalling the fog lights into the bumper because they couldn't bolt the lights in like a OEM part. The bumper does require you to use screws to install the fog lights. The other issue they had was getting the turn signal to "fit". We informed them of our policy in handeling issues..

"Fitment Policy: If there is a fitment issue please contact us. We will need you to send in pictures of the the parts and show us what is the problem is We will also require a copy of the business license from the body shop who is doing the installation..."

The body shop then informed us it was a rush Job and they didn't want to take pictures or follow what we needed to help them install the part. They went ahead and put on a oem bumper because of the need to finish the car in ahurry due to the insurance claim.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:56 PM
C7 Carbon

We are probally one of the few composite part companys that stock the cars they build parts for .

Again the revised bumpers..

Please keep in mind if you are going to have your car painted by a shop that mainly does oem installs and insurance work. They are going to be less likely to want to install aftermarket parts. We recommend using a body shop that is familiar with custom fiberglass parts.

Quick Reply: Z06 Front Bumper Fit To Base C6!!! Need 8 for a presale!