Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

NEW! Urethane Engine & Transmission Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 12:42 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Location: Birmingham, AL www.hinsonsupercars.com 205-909-9402
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Urethane Engine Mounts! Reserve yours TODAY! HINSON Motorsports

Interlocking Urethane Engine Mounts for the Pontiac GTO & Corvette C5/C6

MADE IN THE USA!!! :-patriot:

These urethane engine mounts are designed for a great balance between engine control and vibrations. They have been tuned for both street and track applications. Replace your stock rubber mounts for improved throttle response and reduced engine movement.

Features

* Designed for street and race cars
* Direct replacement for stock rubber mount
* Uses factory metric nuts (not included)
* Stainless Steel construction for rust free operation
* Interlocking design for fail safe operation
* Uses factory heat shield (factory heat shield is required)
* Fast installation

Applications

* 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO
* 1997-2012 Corvette C5/C6/Z06

$165

Urethane Engine Mounts GTO/C5/C6
OEM Standard Height
Urethane Engine Mounts (Shorter Version) GTO/C5/C6
.360" Shorter

*Dealers Welcome

Last edited by HinsonSuperCars; 03-25-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:44 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

As you can see in the below cut away image, the engine rides on the durable urethane. This is how we control engine movement while not passing every vibration in to the passenger compartment.

The inside of the mount is interlocked. Even if you found a way to damage the mount, the stainless interlocking design will keep it all together. The design is built with stainless steel, so they will not rust. They accept your factory nuts. This means there will be no emergency hardware store trips.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:51 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

how much of a process to change em out on the c6? just drop the cradle a bit?
Old 01-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

Might be somewhat of a weight savings too. The factory look to be a much larger diameter.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:27 PM
0brianhinson
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dvandentop
how much of a process to change em out on the c6? just drop the cradle a bit?
The installation is pretty simple. We recommend that you loosen both sides of the subframe. Lower one side while the opposite side is still loosely connected to the car. Change the mount and repeat on the opposite side. This is easier to do on a lift, but the average guy can do it on the ground too.

Weight savings - We'll weigh them for a comparison.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:35 PM
mlc331
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what are the advantages over stock?

thanks
Old 01-28-2011, 02:07 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have these to install as soon as I can get to them. I have a different brand on the car now, really like the performance but a bit to much noise, these I am sure will fix that and still give the improved response good mounts will provide(why most racing is done with solid mounts!)

SAVE YOUR ALIGNMENT tip. very very carefully mark exactly where all four subframe to frame attachment points are located. I have tried different methods, the most accurate I have done is to use a scribe and very carefully make a mark around as much of the mount as possible, on the frame rails.

When putting everything back in place if you line those up exactly your alignment will be right where it was or very darn close, if you do not do this you should probably get an alignment unless you run the stock sloppy specs, it might not matter then.

If you are serious enough to change engine mounts I imagine you are serious enough to want a full performance alignment which these cars respond to greatly! I do my own, very very precisely and if starting from scratch takes nearly a full day on a stock car. Saving my subframe mount location reduces that to a minor tweak, at the worst maybe an hours worth of work.

I double check everything, caster, camber, toe, thrust angle, etc....nice when it falls right back into place or very very close

Rick
Old 01-28-2011, 02:12 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Advantages of stiffer mounts, many but mainly less flex equals more power to the ground better controlled and far easier on drive train parts.

I most highly recommend trans mounts as well, I hope he makes some(hint, hint as they fix the axle hop feeling in the rear, really hooks up much better, again less power wasted, less breakage of axles, etc...is normally found on most cars.

--------------------------------------

I have had to make my own mounts for many vehicles, it is such a relief to be able to just buy some good ones, thanks for making these

Rick
Old 01-28-2011, 02:48 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RAAMaudio
I have these to install as soon as I can get to them. I have a different brand on the car now, really like the performance but a bit to much noise, these I am sure will fix that and still give the improved response good mounts will provide(why most racing is done with solid mounts!)

SAVE YOUR ALIGNMENT tip. very very carefully mark exactly where all four subframe to frame attachment points are located. I have tried different methods, the most accurate I have done is to use a scribe and very carefully make a mark around as much of the mount as possible, on the frame rails.

When putting everything back in place if you line those up exactly your alignment will be right where it was or very darn close, if you do not do this you should probably get an alignment unless you run the stock sloppy specs, it might not matter then.

If you are serious enough to change engine mounts I imagine you are serious enough to want a full performance alignment which these cars respond to greatly! I do my own, very very precisely and if starting from scratch takes nearly a full day on a stock car. Saving my subframe mount location reduces that to a minor tweak, at the worst maybe an hours worth of work.

I double check everything, caster, camber, toe, thrust angle, etc....nice when it falls right back into place or very very close

Rick
You should post up a DIY on how you do your alignment, especially the thrust angle.

BJK
Old 01-28-2011, 03:10 PM
BT03mach-1
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Rick
which ones do you have now?
Old 01-28-2011, 04:01 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

I just do not have time for DIY stuff, pics and all, there is some great info here, racing section is where to look, Davidfarmerstuff.com is very very good, etc.....http://davidfarmerstuff.com/

Thrust angle is covered quite well there, I use similar methods for the same results.

The other methods I use, that is private info between me and............
Old 02-04-2011, 03:12 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mlc331
what are the advantages over stock?

thanks
They will reduce engine movement and get rid of the flex that is seen with rubber mounts.

Seth
Old 02-04-2011, 03:16 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

I have mine installed now, just waiting for a break in the weather to test them out, sure I am going to like them

I had another brand that worked very well but were just to noisy for my car that is mainly for the street, these seem like the right balance between performance and noise, sure hope so!

Rick
Old 02-08-2011, 04:50 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

I have mine installed now, just waiting for a break in the weather to test them out, sure I am going to like them

I had another brand that worked very well but were just to noisy for my car that is mainly for the street, these seem like the right balance between performance and noise, sure hope so!

Rick
We look forward to your feedback
Old 02-15-2011, 06:04 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Thanks for your orders!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:13 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

1st drive impressions

I have made engine and trans mounts and sometimes remade them to find the right durameter urethane for the performance/harshness ratio I could live with.

I swapped to the Hinsons from a well respected other brand that were just to harsh for our cruiser/show/HPDE/TT car since we drive it quite a bit on the road.

The other mounts were fine for a mostly or dedicated track car but not fun on the street.

The Hinsons solved the issue, no longer overly harsh, engine barely moves, I love them, thanks for making these so I did not have to!

Rick
Old 02-17-2011, 12:27 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

1st drive impressions

I have made engine and trans mounts and sometimes remade them to find the right durameter urethane for the performance/harshness ratio I could live with.

I swapped to the Hinsons from a well respected other brand that were just to harsh for our cruiser/show/HPDE/TT car since we drive it quite a bit on the road.

The other mounts were fine for a mostly or dedicated track car but not fun on the street.

The Hinsons solved the issue, no longer overly harsh, engine barely moves, I love them, thanks for making these so I did not have to!

Rick
That's great to hear Rick

Get notified of new replies

To NEW! Urethane Engine & Transmission Mounts

Old 02-17-2011, 01:20 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Most welcome

Since I left the aftermarket trans mounts in the overall results compared to just doing engine mounts would be hard to determine exactly. But, when I just had the other brands engine mounts they were quite harsh, then I put in their trans mounts and did not notice more noise or harshness. Your mounts fixed all my complaints, perfect for my needs.

I do really think trans mounts are needed in these cars, hint, hint

Thanks for making these great engine mounts at a great price!!!!

Rick
Old 02-18-2011, 02:29 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Most welcome

Since I left the aftermarket trans mounts in the overall results compared to just doing engine mounts would be hard to determine exactly. But, when I just had the other brands engine mounts they were quite harsh, then I put in their trans mounts and did not notice more noise or harshness. Your mounts fixed all my complaints, perfect for my needs.

I do really think trans mounts are needed in these cars, hint, hint

Thanks for making these great engine mounts at a great price!!!!

Rick
The transmission mount development is in process. We should be able to release them in a month.

Thanks!
Seth
Old 02-18-2011, 02:32 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Great, The ones I have are excellent but I might give yours a try so I can post up my experience with them

Rick

Quick Reply: NEW! Urethane Engine & Transmission Mounts