Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Problems with member JMELECTRIK

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 08:22 PM
hunterhicks
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Problems with member JMELECTRIK

I bought a set of C6 Z51 sway bars off Jason (JMELECTRIK) two months ago. The front bar was bent, quite bent. (see picts below)

He won't make the situation right.

Per forum rules, I have tried to work it out, giving several fair options below.
Since he doesn't use paypal, there's no real recourse. (there may not be even if he did)

Damn shame.
Be warned if you buy a part from him and you have a problem with it.

Events below are in order as they happened.

9-27-10 PURCHASED:
HUNTER:
Perfect- you have one of those computer generated checks coming from my bank- it says it'll be there on the [October] 1st. Thanks Jason!
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMELECTRIK
sounds good thanks

jason
xxx xxx st
chesterfield mi 48051

10-11-10 CHECKING ON STATUS, 10 DAYS AFTER CHECK RECEIVED
HUNTER:
Hey Jason, just checking to see if you received my check, and if you had a ship date for those sway bars.

Thanks!
Hunter

10-12-10
JASON:
I did get the check, thanx, I was so busy with work last week that I just cashed the check yesterday, I will be shipping them this morning, thanks again and sorry for the delay
Jason

10-16-10 RECEIVED (15 days after payment received)
HUNTER:
Hey Jason, this front sway bar is bent and I'm 90% sure it's been in a wreck- it's very bent, with a snapped end link bolt... It's totally useless. I'm going to need a refund or something- unless you have another idea..

I can send you picts if you need.

Thanks Jason
Hunter

10-18-10
JASON:
It was not in a wreck and the endlink is broke from pulling it off, just reuse one of yours, lmk thanks jay
Jason

10-18-10
HUNTER:
Man, this front bar is bent. You can tell by just holding it. Here are some picts. Heck, look extra close at your pict you posted- they don't even sit flat on the ground.

This was not mentioned in the description.

So, I figure:
- You can send a replacement C6 Z51 front bar
- I can send them back (at your cost, since they are defective) for a refund
- Or you can send/paypal me the amount to buy replace the front bar- probably around $100 (just about impossible to find a lone z51 c6 front sway bar)
Your pict:

Here are my picts:

More

More

Thanks Jay, I'm trying to be fair, let's figure something out that works for both of us.

Hunter

10-19-10
JASON:
nothing u said was fair? send you 100 bucks? shipping was 40 bucks and I charged you what 130? they are not bent, they dont sit flat their are bends everywhere in the bars, their not supposed to lay flat
Jason

10-21-10
HUNTER:
Ok, this bar is bent. I put the pictures up for discussion on the boards, and I knew it was bent to begin with. I also notice you are parting out a 2007 C6, which I assume was totaled... from a hit to the front...

Yes, sway bars have bends in them- sway bars don't have unsymmetrical bends in them.
Here's an example of what they are supposed to look like- here's a C5 bar next to a C6 Z51 bar. (guy needs to pick a better bedspread to take a photo on- strawberry shortcake doesn't lend itself to corvette driving)
Notice no bends in the center part of the bar.

Here's yours:

So, my options are fair- this sale was misrepresented- you didn't state the goods were damaged.

The options are you make it right with a C6 Z51 bar that is not useless, I send them back for a full refund (and you cover shipping, since they were misrepresented), or you refund me the amount of the front bar (around $100) and I toss it into the trash. (this would help you with shipping- this part is 100% worthless and not worth receiving back)

These options do suck, but they're fair- the bar is bent and useless.
It's like buying a new gizmo online, and it comes DOA- You're not going to pay Amazon twice for their mistake, are you?

Let's make this right
Hunter

10-27-10 STILL WONDERING
HUNTER:
So Jason, what are we going to do about this situation? I have a thread of people curious of the outcome, including me.

Thanks
Hunter

10-29-10 HOPE?
JASON:
The sway bar was off a theft recovery that was missing the motor and interior and wheels, possibly it was bent towing it or somthing? I swear I did'nt know it was bent, I dont even remember what I charged you but shipping was 40 bux so I think I cleared 90 on both and sending you 100 would mean Im paying you 10 dollars to take a rear z51 bar off my hands? You know what I mean. I have some vette sources in the area and let me see if I can dig one up this weeek and send it to you to make this right. thanks and sorry for the unforeseen problem
Jason

10-29-10
HUNTER:
Thanks for taking the high road.
Yeah, the reason for the what-looks-to-be lopsided $100 is that honestly, you can't really buy a used single sway bar without buying the set (especially a z51 bar).
It's either ~$140 for a set used off ebay/forums, or you have to buy a new one from Gene at the Parts House. And I'd still take a hit, because that doesn't even count the cost of shipping that new bar...

Additionally, if you do find a new source, see if they will throw in the bushings- they usually do. These front bushings are trashed. Also might want to see if they have another metal front end link since this one's snapped (mine are composite currently)

Thanks Jason
Hunter

11-15-10 WONDERING...
HUNTER:
Ok, it's been over two weeks- what's the plan?
Thanks!
Hunter

12-06-10 WONDERING...
HUNTER:
Ok, it's been over a month. Are you going to do the right thing and take care of this, or do I need to ask others for help?
Thanks
Hunter

12-08-10 INEVITABLE
HUNTER:
I'm going to post a factual recount with pictures, PMs, etc of what has happened in your most used sales forum on 7pm CST Friday the 10th if you don't have a resolution to this sway bar issue before then. Per forum rules.

Thanks
Hunter
Old 12-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Nice documentation, helps in your case.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:55 PM
nrsnik
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 12-10-2010, 10:07 PM
STiRob
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you can get this resolved, good luck.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:10 PM
hunterhicks
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There was a picture provided of the product when purchased. But with lighting, shadows, camera angle, etc I assumed it was fine, since there was no mention of any problems/defects. It's hard to bend a 1" sway bar!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:34 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,763 Likes on 1,530 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer44
Nice documentation, helps in your case.
Hate to see this type of junk. Hope it will get worked out for you.....
Old 12-11-2010, 03:25 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

This is why I only use Paypal with my CC so I have two ways of protecting myself.

That part is garbage. You are a very patient person.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:50 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

A lot of patience on your part. I had a bunch of stuff for sale once and sold a set of floor mats to a member. I shipped to his address on paypal,

He said he didn't receive I sent him tracking info and address. He said he PM'd me his address, he had moved. He did, but I had a lot of stuff selling so didn't pay much attention as I just used paypal address to ship to and he hadn't changed it in paypal.
Long story short, I immediately refunded all his money. It was $45 or so.
Was both of our fault really, but for $45 or $100 it's not worth the hassle.
He should just refund you, clearly the bar is bent and useless.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:07 AM
VettinFan
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

It's unfortunate, but buying sight unseen, from a stranger, is always a roll of the dice. Can't always depend on photo's to be accurate, they can be fake or redone. Plus, people can say just about anything in the write-up.

Honestly, it doesn't sound like your gonna get anywhere with the seller. You may have to eat this one. He can and may just change his email address and re-register as another user.

I always try to use a credit card, at least you have some recourse. Good Luck
Old 12-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...-disputes.html

BTW.....I've sent the seller a PM....awaiting on his response.

No third party comments allowed or this thread will be closed, unless you have direct knowledge of the transaction.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:17 PM
C&M Racing
Instructor

I might have a front bar that I took off a z51 car went it became a race car. Consider it a Christmas present. Just let me know if you want it.

John
Old 12-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Wndotintman
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by C&M Racing
I might have a front bar that I took off a z51 car went it became a race car. Consider it a Christmas present. Just let me know if you want it.

John
Now that is super cool. Thats what I love about this forum. The great members far out weigh the bad ones. Good deed and Merry Christmas to all!!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:04 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,763 Likes on 1,530 Posts

Originally Posted by Wndotintman
Now that is super cool. Thats what I love about this forum. The great members far out weigh the bad ones. Good deed and Merry Christmas to all!!
With you on this are I would been gone a long time ago. Alot of good guys here going out of the way to help others...
Old 12-12-2010, 11:27 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

It's obvious that those sway bars are damaged. Hope you get it worked out to your satisfaction.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:05 AM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by ncvette_1FUNRIDE
It's obvious that those sway bars are damaged. Hope you get it worked out to your satisfaction.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:18 AM
JMELECTRIK
Instructor

OK just wanna clear my name. I haven't been on the board much. I sold these for 130 shipped. shipping was 40, so I made 90 dollars. The buyer wanted me to mail him 100 to make it good? So Im going to pay him 10 dollars to take my good rear z51 bar. Theirs been no question that bar is perfect, just a problem with the front. I personally pulled these of my car and they did fit fine and looked good to me, I didn't own the car since new so idk? also I broke the end link removing it, it didn't break in a wreck. Anyhow I've sold many parts like new zr1 seats for 1500 etc etc etc and I never had a problem and didn't try to get over on you. If you wanna resolve this REASONABLY ONLY then let me know thanks jay
Old 12-13-2010, 11:52 AM
hd-wingnut
Racer

Originally Posted by C&M Racing

John
EXTREMELY COOL thing to do! That bar is worth like 65-80 bucks used....love to see forum members that are willing to help
another forum brother out...good job!

Originally Posted by JMELECTRIK
OK just wanna clear my name. I haven't been on the board much. I sold these for 130 shipped. shipping was 40, so I made 90 dollars. The buyer wanted me to mail him 100 to make it good? So Im going to pay him 10 dollars to take my good rear z51 bar. Theirs been no question that bar is perfect, just a problem with the front. I personally pulled these of my car and they did fit fine and looked good to me, I didn't own the car since new so idk? also I broke the end link removing it, it didn't break in a wreck. Anyhow I've sold many parts like new zr1 seats for 1500 etc etc etc and I never had a problem and didn't try to get over on you. If you wanna resolve this REASONABLY ONLY then let me know thanks jay
First thing let me say I'm not trying to bash the seller, I don't know either the purchaser or seller.
Secondly, I'm at a loss as to how you think this clears up your name... This guy has been trying to get this resolved with you for ever with no positive outcome. If I remember correctly without going back and re-reading this entire thread, I think you've given 2 different stories now on how this became unusable.
If the purchaser paid you 90.00 for the parts and 40.00 for shipping, here's what I think would have been a possible resolution you could have taken FROM THE BEGINNING to clear this up:
The front sway bar is probably worth 60-70 % of the total in parts, and also contributed probably 60-70% of the weight in shipping.
So why didn't you offer to refund the purchaser AT LEAST 60-70% of the total on both parts and shipping for a refund of approx. 78.00-91.00?
You seem to be stuck on this thing of refunding him back 100.00 when you only made 90.00. You have to take into account that you obviously can't charge him for shipping on a part that YOU shipped out that was defective. That was your fault. So you can't figure the whole 40.00 that you spent for shipping.
For what it's worth, my take on the whole situation.
Adam

Get notified of new replies

To Problems with member JMELECTRIK

Old 12-13-2010, 12:31 PM
CanadianVetster
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 89 Posts

I agree with the above posting.
I think it is funny that the seller says he only made $90 bucks, so refunding $100.00 wouldn't be fair.

The buyer paid $130 (TOTAL) and got a part worth ZERO.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:37 PM
ajbarbato15
Racer

That sounds like a perfect way to resolve this whole thing. And again to the seller, theres really no way to "clear up" your name here. The buyer has been EXTREMELY patient with you and you have made NO effort to get him some type of refund. A 10 year old kid who doesnt know what a sway bar looks like could tell you that the bar is bent. Refund him what you think you should, and consider it done.

I also want to say that what C&M Racing did by offering a bar is exceptional. Its not every day you see someone so generous, and it really makes quite an impression.

Hope all works out well for the buyer.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:03 PM
JMELECTRIK
Instructor

THANKS for the advice guys and I will resolve the situation, a rear z51 sway is still worth 70 bucks and the one I sent him was mint, im not a scammer or trying to get over on anyone, that is all

Quick Reply: Problems with member JMELECTRIK