Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

FS Kenwood DNX8120 + Extras!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 01:14 PM
REMIX
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default FS Kenwood DNX8120 + Extras!

Sadly, I traded my Corvette last week and put the original radio back in before doing so. Long story...

I got a new Dodge QC Ram and was weighing installing it in there. The truck has everything except iPod integration, so I might as well save myself tearing into the dash and sell this to a fellow C6 owner since it has all the goodies and pretty much plug and play.

I have two Metra 95-3304 faceplates - one of which I sanded and sprayed clear flat to match the other dash parts. You can have both faceplates. One is still in the original packaging.

If you want the home made bracket I used for the GXM30 antenna to go where the center speaker is, it's yours as well. Although it fits perfectly in there, I would recommend mounting somewhere higher up in the vehicle as the low ride height of the Vette can cause dropouts when between taller structures. Not a problem with the radio, just the nature of the car. Didn't bother me too much but just FYI.

The GXM30 antenna adds some other features like stock quotes, weather and traffic. You'll need an extra XM subscription for that service.

The GMCO interface is for non On-Star cars. The connections were soldered and shrinkwrapped, not crimped. I'm not going to separate it from the radio. This whole thing should be pretty much plug and play once you run the cables for the iPod, GPS, Bluetooth mic and GXM30.

I paid over $1,500 for all of this stuff in April of 2009. Asking $1,100 + UPS insured shipping. It'll take me a day to get this packed up - I am in SW Florida (Sarasota area). I have Paypal.

Here is the list:

1 "Metra 40-GM10 GM Antenna Adapter"
1 "Garmin GXM30 XM Satellite Antenna for GPSMap 376C, 7200 and 7500 (010-00423-00)"
2 "Metra TurboKits 95-3304 Car Stereo Installation Kit"
1 "Peripheral GMCO - Car data bus interface"
1 "Kenwood KCA-iP300V iPod Video Direct Cable" <-- does not work with the newer iPod touches or iPhone. You need a ip301V for that.
1. Kenwood Excelon DNX8120 Receiver with GPS and Bluetooth

All boxes, manuals, etc.

WILL NOT BREAK UP. PACKAGE DEAL ONLY. If it takes too long to sell, I will just install it in the Dodge.

Original install thread is here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/audi...oto-heavy.html

RMX

Last edited by REMIX; 10-28-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Quick Reply: FS Kenwood DNX8120 + Extras!