Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

F/S StopTech BBK, ST60, ST40, 14" slotted, Excellent Shape!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 09:32 PM
9secz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F/S StopTech BBK, ST60, ST40, 14" slotted, Excellent Shape!

SOLD!!

I'm demodding my '08 for sale. The A&A t-trim kit, Pfadt inverted shocks and adjustable bars, DeWitts radiator, and oil cooler kit are all sold and shipped. Next up is this StopTech Big Brake Kit with ST60 6-piston calipers for the front, ST40 4-piston calipers for the rear, 14" slotted rotors all around, and DOT-legal braided stainless lines.

I bought the kit new and put about 6k miles on it. Look at the pad thickness! All parts have been thoroughly cleaned and are ready to bolt on to your car. I'm looking for $4500 including ground shipping (which will be *expensive*!) and PayPal fees. No trades, please.

PM me for high res pics if you want to see more detail. It's gotten too dark to shoot the rotors, so I'll post pics of them tomorrow. They are also in excellent shape!

I also have brand new Carbotech pads for these calipers that I'll sell separately or as a package deal.

Jeff

Last edited by 9secz; 05-01-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Keith N
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Will the Stop Tech Big Brakes fit on stock C6 wheels? I don't think they will, but I thought I would ask.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:21 PM
0Adam at RSI
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Keith N
Will the Stop Tech Big Brakes fit on stock C6 wheels? I don't think they will, but I thought I would ask.
Is it time for new wheels Keith? These are the brakes I use .

+1 for SWEET brakes and good luck on the sale
Old 04-15-2010, 10:34 PM
9secz
Pro

Originally Posted by Keith N
Nope. I mocked 'em up with stock C6 wheels before I got the Forgeys. Not a chance!

Jeff
Old 04-16-2010, 03:30 PM
9secz
Pro

You guys are too funny! I got asked if I had the pad retainer bolts and if I'd ship the brakes assembled, and if the pads I showed in the first post were for these calipers. Yes to all!

Jeff
Old 04-16-2010, 04:55 PM
EVILNESS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

damn which these were 15 fronts..

R.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:19 PM
9secz
Pro

Is that extra inch of rotor diameter really worth $1500? (Or however much more a new 380/355 kit would run)

EDIT: I've changed the text and pics in this post because I snagged a package of 3" roloc disks at Sears last night. After an hour in the garage today, I'm satisfied with the rotor surface finish. Whatever pads you choose to run with this kit will bed in fast. I included the right angle die grinder and roloc disk in the lower pic in case you don't know what I'm talking about.

Jeff

Last edited by 9secz; 04-17-2010 at 07:13 PM. Reason: updated pics showing better surface finish
Old 04-17-2010, 06:24 AM
Joe_Planet
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great, how did you clean the calipers so well?
Old 04-17-2010, 11:47 AM
9secz
Pro

Originally Posted by Joe_Planet
Looks great, how did you clean the calipers so well?
Thanks! They never got very dirty in the first place. I've never tracked the car, so the calipers never got hot enough for baked-on pad dust. Also, my normal driving technique is very easy on pads (as opposed to my wife, who will stay on the gas to within a few car lengths of a stop sign, then brake hard). Lastly, I'm kinda **** about car washing, so I regularly pull the wheels and clean the calipers with wheel cleaner and a disposable paint brush.

To get them this clean, I used the same wheel cleaner and paint brush, but had them off the car and disassembled.

Jeff
Old 04-17-2010, 01:16 PM
shifter77
Drifting

will you sell the rear st40 stoptechs with no pads, are the rear rotors still good.
rs
Old 04-17-2010, 03:55 PM
9secz
Pro

Originally Posted by shifter77
will you sell the rear st40 stoptechs with no pads, are the rear rotors still good.
rs
Guys, this is a complete kit in very nice condition. Calipers, rotors, pads, and lines have barely any wear and tear. I don't want to deal with parting it out. Just like my A&A t-trim blower kit and Pfadt inverted shocks and bars, somebody here is going to get good-as-new complete, ready to install kit for a grand less than new.

Jeff
Old 04-17-2010, 07:17 PM
9secz
Pro

Update: I changed the pics in post #7 because I went over the rotors with the new 3" roloc disks I got at Sears last night. Now the rotor surface finish is set up for fast pad bedding.

If you looked at this thread yesterday or today, you'll probably have to reload the page to see the new pics. I included my die grinder in the new lower pic. If you don't see it, reload this page.

Jeff
Old 04-18-2010, 05:29 PM
9secz
Pro

I got a couple of questions about rotor scuffing. I'm not removing much material at all. I doubt you would measure any before/after rotor thickness change with a micrometer. The roloc I used is for surface conditioning, not metal removal. It does not make sparks (or deep grooves!) like a grinding disk. It's essentially a Scotch Brite pad that can be easily attached to a die grinder. It just roughens up the surface a little so the pads can bed in quickly.

Jeff
Old 04-18-2010, 09:47 PM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 9secz
I got a couple of questions about rotor scuffing. I'm not removing much material at all. I doubt you would measure any before/after rotor thickness change with a micrometer. The roloc I used is for surface conditioning, not metal removal. It does not make sparks (or deep grooves!) like a grinding disk. It's essentially a Scotch Brite pad that can be easily attached to a die grinder. It just roughens up the surface a little so the pads can bed in quickly.

Jeff
I wish i would have known that before i used elbow grease and a scotch brite pad
Old 04-19-2010, 07:20 PM
9secz
Pro

Originally Posted by drivinfast
I wish i would have known that before i used elbow grease and a scotch brite pad
The other benefit to the roloc is that the surface texture is close to radial rather than following the circumference.

Note to self: Wear a respirator or at least a disposable mask next time. Dust in the sinuses resulted in a nasty allergic reaction as well as cajon blackened Kleenex.

I was asked about rotor wear. It's very close to zero. I don't know what tolerance StopTech applies to their 32 mm thickness spec, but these measure 31.9 mm. That suggests 0.004" of rotor wear, including whatever my scuffing took away. A piece of normal printer paper is .004" thick. Since the rotors wear on two faces, that's 1/2 the thickness of printer paper worth of wear on each face. Close to zero!

Jeff
Old 04-21-2010, 12:04 PM
9secz
Pro

Hump day bumpus!

Jeff
Old 04-21-2010, 06:24 PM
MontereyRedC6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 9secz
Guys, this is a complete kit in very nice condition. Calipers, rotors, pads, and lines have barely any wear and tear. I don't want to deal with parting it out. Just like my A&A t-trim blower kit and Pfadt inverted shocks and bars, somebody here is going to get good-as-new complete, ready to install kit for a grand less than new.

Jeff
I can tell you that you do not need to ask a bunch of questions about the condition of these. I bought the Pfadt inverted shock and Street sway bars and they were in almost new condition. Just as stated. I'm sure whatever Jeff tells you will be what you can expect. If I didn't have Baer Eradispeeds installed you might not have seen these for sale . Bump for a great guy and good luck on the sale!

Get notified of new replies

To F/S StopTech BBK, ST60, ST40, 14" slotted, Excellent Shape!

Old 04-21-2010, 09:31 PM
livnit
Advanced

Default Brake pads

Which pads do you have from Carbotech and how much are you asking?

Originally Posted by MontereyRedC6
I can tell you that you do not need to ask a bunch of questions about the condition of these. I bought the Pfadt inverted shock and Street sway bars and they were in almost new condition. Just as stated. I'm sure whatever Jeff tells you will be what you can expect. If I didn't have Baer Eradispeeds installed you might not have seen these for sale . Bump for a great guy and good luck on the sale!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:59 PM
9secz
Pro

Originally Posted by MontereyRedC6
Thanks, MontereyRed! A pleasure doing business with you!

Originally Posted by livnit
Which pads do you have from Carbotech and how much are you asking?
My Carbos are XP12 for the front (ST60) and XP10 for the rear (ST40). New from Carbotech is $433 plus shipping. I'll take $375 plus shipping. Remember that these pads are literally brand new. Only one pad of each size has ever been out of the shipping foam, and that was just for the pics.

Link to Carbotech web site, StopTech pad prices

Jeff
Old 04-21-2010, 11:22 PM
GrandSportGirly
Melting Slicks

I so want those brakes....

Quick Reply: F/S StopTech BBK, ST60, ST40, 14" slotted, Excellent Shape!