Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

Special thanks to Evilness

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 11:08 AM
L8RG8R
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Special thanks to Evilness

Advertised in excellent condition with 3,000 miles use so I immediately paid for these sight unseen for my brother. Exhaust was not removed until at least 1 week later (in spite of being told car was at the shop and exhaust was coming off the day after I paid him) and this is what my brother received. Thanks for not charging him for the filth on the pipes . I am a man of my word and usually don't bust people publically but you should start being a man of your word and ship a product when promised and as advertised . Guess your forum name is evilness for good reason.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:21 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

This is why you see in threads requests for pictures. Usually when the seller responds well it looks like all the rest; you should run the other way. posting pictures should be a requirement. I know I would not buy anything sight unseen, nor would I sell anything on here without pictures.
Wonder how much the dirt added to the shipping fee weight
Old 01-21-2010, 11:31 AM
L8RG8R
Racer

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
I know I would not buy anything sight unseen, nor would I sell anything on here without pictures.
I asked for pics but was assured in the FS thread it was as described so my reasoning is: why question a senior forum member (of all sellers). Sadly, I suppose I will have to resort to the same principle you use. I am just used to a mans word being his bond but it is becoming obvious to me that is a thing of the past.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:37 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by L8RG8R
I asked for pics but was assured in the FS thread it was as described so my reasoning is: why question a senior forum member (of all sellers). Sadly, I suppose I will have to resort to the same principle you use. I am just used to a mans word being his bond but it is becoming obvious to me that is a thing of the past.
No, I think most of us on here, and all the guys I have purchased from on here, are of their word. One person I purchased from only wanted me to mail him a check, he actually mailed me the product before he even received my check. I think your dealing was in the minority, but like the old saying goes; "Trust, but verify"
Old 01-21-2010, 11:39 AM
richgoat
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Besides it being dirty and later than promised shipping, is there anything wrong with it? Looks like it just needs a cloth and polish and it'll look new.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:39 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Other stuff aside,they do look to be in good condition other then the dirt. I hear you though on all the rest!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:45 AM
FASTTOYBOY
Intermediate

Default Caviot to L8RG8R

Nice way to do buisness.. I am new to the forum as well as the Corvette world thanx to my brother!!! It IS sad that people...fellow Corvette ZO6 people at that.... show this kind of love to other TRUSTING Corvette brethern. First I was told the Car would be at the shop the very same day to have the exhaust removed, polished, and shipped. After payment was sent a tracking number was assured to follow which NEVER did. A week later Mr. evilness was contacted and he said the "shop" should have sent it.. Now in the meantime my Zo6 is taking up a BAY at the local performance shop waiting to receive the exhaust which NEVER came.(ohhh and that cost money) then we contacted the "shop" who told us that Mr. evilness picked up his car over the weekend cause his exhaust didn't come in yet and he wanted to drive it.. So at my expense he had fun driving HIS car whilst mine sat and Nothing was said to me. Again we "attempted to contact Mr. evilness who now didn't respond to calls and messages and dumped all info off on the "shop", then a week later and some change the "like new" polished exhaust shows up clanking together in a crumpled box!!! Thanx again Mr. evilness can't wait to do buisness with you again!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:49 AM
EVILNESS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Pipes are as described and would have arrived in full polished condition if your brother would of had patience.. I will post my while side of my story when I get to a laptop...

R.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:56 AM
EATURAW
Racer

Old 01-21-2010, 11:59 AM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 215 Likes on 119 Posts

look like used parts in good shape...
Old 01-21-2010, 12:06 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by turbotuner20v
Old 01-21-2010, 12:09 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Evilness
Pipes are as described and would have arrived in full polished condition if your brother would of had patience.. I will post my while side of my story when I get to a laptop...

R.

I would not worry about it. I had issues with L8RG8R in the when I first joined the Z06 club.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:10 PM
L8RG8R
Racer

From what I am told, the exhaust is in nice condition but my thinking is this.....if you string someone along for over a week, the least you could do is take some flippin windex and 3 minutes to wipe the thing off. Gimini Cricket; if it is not gonna ship immediately, keep the buyer in the loop and send a product in a condition you'd be happy to receive it in. The pipes were not wrapped or cushioned.....simply inserted into a box and shipped, albeit, that is more the shops fault than the forum members IMO. I'm just a bit tweaked I get my bro into a Z06, pump him up about this forum and the first transaction he is involved with goes sour. Just venting guys.......we'll get over it
Old 01-21-2010, 12:16 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Other then a little raod grime and water spots, they appear as advertised. Looks like "perfect working condition" as described in Evilness' for sale thread. Does not appear to have any damage, dings, or dents and should clean up perfectly in 10 minutes with a rag.

Here is the description in the FS thread...

Dropped the car at the shop to have these taken off today... System has about 3k miles and is in perfect working condition...

R.

I have dealt with Evilness in countless transaction and have never had an issue. He is a standup guy and I have known him for a few years through the forum and in person. We have worked on his car and the dealings have always been professional.

RICH
Old 01-21-2010, 12:18 PM
L8RG8R
Racer

Originally Posted by gotjuice?
I had issues with L8RG8R in the when I first joined the Z06 club.
Anytime I buy something on here that is different than described or pictured, the seller will have issues with me. You are a figment in my imagination so I guess whatever you sold, or tried to sell me, wasn't a very big deal to me in the end
Old 01-21-2010, 12:21 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by turbotuner20v
Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Other then a little raod grime and water spots, they appear as advertised. Looks like "perfect working condition" as described in Evilness' for sale thread. Does not appear to have any damage, dings, or dents and should clean up perfectly in 10 minutes with a rag.
These pretty much sum it up. Somebody local I know complained about buying an x-pipe from somebody else because it was dirty. Well duh... Who cares? The late shipping should have been communicated, but complaining about EXHAUST PIPING being dirty is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

And honestly, it's your own fault (or your brother's) for taking a car to a shop without having parts to install. Seriously, who does that?

Last edited by DSteck; 01-21-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:24 PM
L8RG8R
Racer

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Dropped the car at the shop to have these taken off today... System has about 3k miles and is in perfect working condition...

R.
Well, let's add dates if you are gonna post thread input.

Above thread was posted on 1/05/2010. That was a Tuesday. The car was not dropped off at the shop until the following week to have the exhaust removed and replaced. If you call that honest dealings, you are as shady as a maple tree

Get notified of new replies

To Special thanks to Evilness

Old 01-21-2010, 12:24 PM
OneBadZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

As a 3rd party;

The exhaust was represented as being in excellent condition. I would define that to mean; they are in perfect working order and have no physicaly damage to it of any kind.

I do not think them coming to you dirty is misrepresentation. I think 10 mintutes and a damp rag would take care of that.

I would assume the effort to clean + the used price is still much better than a new exhaust price.

Life is too short to get worked up over this issue, IMO.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:27 PM
L8RG8R
Racer

Originally Posted by DSteck
it's your own fault (or your brother's) for taking a car to a shop without having parts to install. Seriously, who does that?
Someone who is told the item is coming off and shipping out that very day....that's who :o. FWIW, I am at Fort Campbell, KY and he is at Fort Jackson, SC. We are miles apart but I am betting if you bought something that was delivered late, dirty and unprotected (unwrapped), you wouldn't be pleased either.

Last edited by L8RG8R; 01-21-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:34 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by L8RG8R
Someone who is told the item is coming off and shipping out that very day....that's who :o. FWIW, I am at Fort Campbell, KY and he is at Fort Jackson, SC. We are miles apart but I am betting if you guys bought something that was delivered late, dirty and unprotected (unwrapped), you wouldn't be pleased either.
I've bought used parts before. I've received items late. I've received dirty exhaust that was caked inside with carbon build up. I didn't care. It's exhaust, it gets dirty, big deal. Clean it off yourself. The exhaust he sold isn't scratched, it isn't dented, none of the mounting hardware is screwed up... there's nothing wrong with it. It's used exhaust... also known as not brand new. You want sparkling clean equipment? Buck up and buy it new. Otherwise, don't complain.

It's still your brother's own fault for dropping a car off without having parts to put on it. Fight that all you want, but everybody here is going to think it's stupid, and not the seller's problem. You'd probably be screaming bloody murder if the shipping company had a delay. Like I said, I'll throw a bone for the shipping stuff, but the rest of your argument is frivolous.

Quick Reply: Special thanks to Evilness