Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

Ripped off by 07WhiteDevilZ

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 07:18 AM
awschucks
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Paypal Update

I recently went to buy something on Ebay and found that they no longer accept your credit card. The only payment that paypal now accepts, is directly from your bank. You have no protection when using this method of payment. I can speak from experience.

Due to changes in Ebay and Paypal, I am done with both. I was seller awschucks with over 2,000 positives and now, no more. It really has become a buyer beware world.

Dave

Last edited by awschucks; 06-14-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:19 AM
REVHIGH
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by awschucks
I recently went to buy something on Ebay and found that they no longer accept your credit card. The only paypal now accepts payment is directly from your bank. You have no protection when using this method of payment. I can speak from experience.
I am mbersh on ebay w/ close to 1000 all 100% positive. Tell me this isn;t true! I have used my credit card through paypal since day 1. If CC's are no longer an accepted method of payment, I am done as well.

Just tried this morning? I am watching a guitar, but I'll back out if I can;t use my CC...Bear
Old 06-14-2008, 09:32 AM
JTKzVette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently went to buy something on Ebay and found that they no longer accept your credit card. The only paypal now accepts payment is directly from your bank. You have no protection when using this method of payment. I can speak from experience.

Due to changes in Ebay and Paypal, I am done with both. I was seller awschucks with over 2,000 positives and no more. It really has become a buyer beware world.

Dave
I disagree. I just paid for an item with a cc two days ago. If you are not a verified member with PayPal, then maybe that is why you were not allowed to use your cc.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Seeker135
Pro

Originally Posted by JTKzVette
I disagree. I just paid for an item with a cc two days ago. If you are not a verified member with PayPal, then maybe that is why you were not allowed to use your cc.

Same here but it wasn't thru ebay it was to a CF member. I refuse to give them my bank acct.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:06 AM
cencalc6
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

correct you have to be a verified member with paypal to use your CC I just bought a fender last night with no problems
Old 06-14-2008, 11:49 AM
awschucks
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Oops, I am verified

I am a verified paypal user. I've been with Ebay and Paypal since they started and they took away the funding option when you go to pay by using a credit card. Maybe be because they have my bank information.

OR:

I also have had two scams recently, ( one on this forum ) where I had to go to my credit card company and get a refund with them, as the sellers had closed their bank accounts and I could not get a refund on the two scam deals. There is no buyer protection plan with either Ebay or Paypal. Just wait until you are scammed as I have been and it gets really old. I got my refunds, but I bet now paypal wants no part of me and that's fine. I don't like getting shafted.

Dave
Old 06-14-2008, 01:05 PM
mikejpss
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by saplumr
If you paid paypal with a CC you can dispute it through your card company, but if you paid by verified checking account you're out of luck. I had a little incident with ebay (which owns paypal) and am not real satisfied with either. Hope it works out.

I was totally lied to about a 73 Corvette on eBay from the seller,total misrepresentation (even eBay agreed ), had trouble getting the title-eBay and PayPal both were long gone-no help. You should hear the lies from eBay about their buyer protection once I contacted them and needed them. Both are a crock of
If you use eBay, spend no more than you can afford to walk away from, if you use PayPal, do the same-both are a crock of dung in MHO.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:25 PM
BigSlick
Melting Slicks

I too buy on ebay and am a verified buyer...I just used paypal to pay a supporting vendor here on the forum for an amount of $760 funded thru CC...iI also have banking info but, always use CC to fund my purchased...I feel much better that the CC company I can speak with a live person should the need arise...I do not want to have to write numerous emails to ebay or paypal...
Old 06-14-2008, 03:39 PM
C6LSx
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08

It still amazes me that people would crawl out from a gutter to do such a thing and rip someone off......thievery.

I've always said that I have more respect for a robber than a thief.

The difference is the robber sticks a gun in your face and "you know" you're being robbed.

The thief however hides in the shadows and falsely engenders your trust all the while sticking his hands into you back pocket and stealing your wallet.

That stinks Mike.

Perhaps for the protection of Forum Members; folks that advertise things for sale in the Parts Section should have to be "paid forum members" with a completed and verified forum profile.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Corvette.C6-R
Burning Brakes

Sorry about what happened. Hopefully he will make things right.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:30 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Corvette.C6-R
Sorry about what happened. Hopefully he will make things right.
Since its been over 3 months and I have emailed, pm'd and called the shop listed in the Vette magazine article featuring his car and he hasnt gotten back to me, I'm pretty doubtful.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:17 AM
LBZ51girl
Instructor

CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08

I am a verified paypal user. I've been with Ebay and Paypal since they started and they took away the funding option when you go to pay by using a credit card. Maybe be because they have my bank information.

Dave
Could be as simple as the seller of the item you were looking to purchase from has a basic paypal account that does not accept credit cards. There are at least 2 different levels of paypal accounts and the basic one does not allow the seller to receive credit card payments.

I also only use credit card for payments even though my bank account information is attached to my account. I too have been taken for some money, but I also have had a dispute resolved through paypal.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:28 AM
ttomczak
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by REVHIGH
I am mbersh on ebay w/ close to 1000 all 100% positive. Tell me this isn;t true! I have used my credit card through paypal since day 1. If CC's are no longer an accepted method of payment, I am done as well.

Just tried this morning? I am watching a guitar, but I'll back out if I can;t use my CC...Bear

It depends on the account of the person you are paying, personal can not (to my knowledge) accept CC's, if you have a business or premier, you can accept CC's...
Old 06-15-2008, 11:37 AM
DennyBlueC6
Racer

If you know his real name, maybe you can find him using this people search. http://www.zabasearch.com/
Old 06-15-2008, 01:40 PM
LoSloZ06
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 55 Posts

I am surprised to read this! I know George and he never struck me as the type.

Have you called Matt Sorian the owner of TTP and spoken to him?
Old 06-15-2008, 01:44 PM
uracowman
Melting Slicks

This is why when paying for items with paypal, use a credit card that is linked to your account and not your bank account because if something like this happens, the credit card company can get every penny that is owed to you.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Oli1313
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by corvette pilot
since I also accept paypal as payment for my business, I paid with my balance, unfortunately. I can't really blame paypal though, they are an innocent middle man. Maybe they offer buyer protection through ebay, but how can they offer it on every deal made through forums like these?

So what is the benefit of using paypal? I bet you they still kept their commission.

Get notified of new replies

To Ripped off by 07WhiteDevilZ

Old 06-15-2008, 04:15 PM
MADinAK
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10,'14

Originally Posted by DennyBlueC6
If you know his real name, maybe you can find him using this people search. http://www.zabasearch.com/
Thinking your link wouldn't show anything about myself I tried it. It scared the hell out of me. It found me with no problem and even gave my kids names.

Sorry for the temporary diversion.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:20 PM
DennyBlueC6
Racer

Yep,Big brother is watching.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:03 PM
1-2-b-67L89
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts

Hope this works out but as you have stated, does not seem very likely! This paypal and ebay thing is getting to be a real concern and I've bought a lot and sold a few.

Quick Reply: Ripped off by 07WhiteDevilZ