Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

"Buyer Beware" - Murph Ball

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Ponchorello
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default "Buyer Beware" - Murph Ball ***Update***

I have attempted to contact this individual for the past 4 days to get a status update on the differential that I sent a money order to be delivered via COD. He has the cash but will not respond to any of my emails, phone calls/messages, texts, etc.

He has several items for sale in this section and i have seen one other transaction where this same lack of communication has existed.

For those who intend to purchase any of his items please prepare yourself to be ignored once the money is sent.

Just thought I would save my fellow vette owners some grief and money.

-Patrick

*****UPDATE*****

Thought everyone would like an update to this story but you need history first. I overnighted murph_ball a COD in the amount of $70.00 on the 7th of January with the agreement he would ship it the next day...January 8th. After numerous private messages and phones calls i never got a tracking number nor a response of when. During this time i was also speaking with a forum vendor on an adapter plate to mount the 2006+ diff to my 2005 and was under the impression they would have the part machined within a certain time frame. Sounds good so far and I still hadn’t heard from Murph_ball on the tracking number. A couple of days go by without any communication however I still remain in conversation with vendor and was informed that the plate might not be available as anticipated. I then proceed to send murph_ball an email stating for him to hold off on shipping the diff. This was sent the day before he actually shipped the differential which was on a Saturday...4 days after he said he would be shipping it. I made efforts to stop the shipment but without success.

So the package is on the way and after talking with the shop doing the plate once more it is concluded that it will not be ready and they were unsure when it would be ready and couldn’t give me a time frame other than there are others in front of me and that it could be weeks.

At this point i cannot use a 2006+ diff on my 2005 C6 and can’t afford to have my car down any longer than it already had been. Because the shipment (diff) is already in transit there isn’t anything I can do at the moment with the package coming my way other than not take receipt of it. I notify murph_ball that I would not be paying for the differential and that it will be going back to him but I would pay for it to go back.

From PM's he keeps referencing I breached the deal. Murph_Ball then tells me to buy the differential anyways and then put it up for sale in the forum. Now does that make sense to anyone??????? Basically he asked me to buy a product that I can’t use so that he can get his money...unbelievable. Remember I offered to pay for shipment which meant all he had to lose was his time but he ignores my efforts to rectify the situation. He again references the breach deal and that the shipment alone was more than $70.00 and that he drove 20miles one way to UPS. Now he wants a reimbursement of which i offered from the get go but this is after he goes off on me. I'm upset that I get blasted after trying to help the situation and do some research. Turns out the cost of the shipping is exactly $70 and UPS is 4.1 miles away from his house.

Bottom line is I tried and he was rude. I'm not going to help someone who is going act in this manner towards me.

Last edited by Ponchorello; 01-24-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Hawk07
Burning Brakes

Post up a city and state, maybe another CF member nearby can go help him get it dropped off at the shipper?
Old 01-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Ponchorello
Racer

I have his physical address but I even wonder if that wasnt his true home address however this is this city and state i sent it too.

Harrison TWP, Michigan 48045

It really irritates me that he wanted an answer right away on whether I was buying it or not from him and now he just isnt reachable after he received some money.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Busa196
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the heads up Patrick. I had a similar experience on a smaller scale ($75) recently with a Z06 forum member. Eventually got a refund, but a PITA and really poor biz nonetheless. Hope this guy shows up to make it right
Old 01-14-2008, 05:10 PM
jonjon
Burning Brakes

I'm in the same boat. Still waiting for a bumper that he supposedly sent. In the meantime, I had to buy another bumper.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Ponchorello
Racer

Makes you wonder why he didnt want to use paypal even after I offered to pay for the fees. This guys sounds like a fraud.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:22 PM
RED2008Z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Had a similar deal on ebay years ago, Sent a guy money for a amp. and he didn't respond. I called the local Sheriff's department and they sent a sheriff to the guy's house. He had other complaints and the sheriff forced him to refund the money or he would be arrested for fraud. Good luck to you. I dont think we have a big problem on this forum. Or this guy might just be un-orginized and slow in getting his orders out..
Old 01-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Ponchorello
Racer

Its pretty obvious I am not the only one. I will take the local sherriffs route if I dont receive any word or my differential by tomorrow. I have his full name/address and if that info is correct they should be able to get a hold of this guy and put him straight.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:23 PM
m_LeDez
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Houston, Tx.....'05 Corvette M6 LS3 Magnuson Heartbeat
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Pm sent......
Old 01-14-2008, 08:00 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Ponchorello
Its pretty obvious I am not the only one. I will take the local sherriffs route if I dont receive any word or my differential by tomorrow. I have his full name/address and if that info is correct they should be able to get a hold of this guy and put him straight.
Harrison Twp is covered by Macomb County Sheriff's Department
Old 01-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Ponchorello
Racer

Originally Posted by CQRT
Thanks for the info. I already called to try and stop the check but its too late.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:21 PM
C6-13thOilotCar
Instructor

Originally Posted by CQRT
I bought a hardtop off him in Dec. He shipped it after the holidays and I got the item in good condition. When I PM him he was out of town for 3 to 5 days at a time. Slow on response but got back to me each time.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Ponchorello
Racer

You have had better luck than everyone else thats dealt with him so far. If you plan on selling parts its always good business to return calls/emails etc. when someone has sent over money.

When you stop acknowledging buyers this is the result.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:27 PM
murph ball
Instructor

THANKS NEWHEART21

A little patience goes a long way.

Ponch, I sent your diff on saturday via ups, tracking #is 1za4x6797200049948

"and ponch you sent me a check for $70.00 on thursday, 4 days ago to cover shipping so I could send it cod. I told you I had to take it off the trans and it would take an extra day or two. I think you are being quite overvealous with this step" Please pm me and we can handle this properly from here on out, sorry and thankyou

As far as the bumper is concerned jonjon, I sent you the tracking #'s last week and you said it did not work. I will send a scanned copy of the receipt as well as contact the shipping company tomorrow and figure out the problem and resolve this properly with you guys getting your stuff. Or if lost a full refund.

Last edited by murph ball; 01-14-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:59 PM
jonjon
Burning Brakes

I'll state for the record: I don't think this man is a crook,. I think everyone is frustrated over the fact that we paid for items we don't have and in my case can't even track. It's kinda difficult calling Greyhound and asking for a package that's addressed to JonJon, no first name, no last name, just a screen name. I certainly know that it's not my fault. I paid for the item, I don't have it and no one seems to know where it is. I think it's very clear why I'm pissed... Jon
Old 01-14-2008, 10:00 PM
murph ball
Instructor

thanks, I'll handle it tomorrow,
Old 01-15-2008, 08:46 AM
n77nxc
ZO6 Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad he finally posted up Ponch. We need to get that car back on the road.

Get notified of new replies

To "Buyer Beware" - Murph Ball

Old 01-24-2008, 02:32 PM
vettered 94
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well... Please read my story and beware this guy (Murph Ball), took my money ($410.00) and I don't even deserve a tracking number...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1893417

Last edited by vettered 94; 01-25-2008 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Link to my thread...
Old 01-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Ponchorello
Racer

update up top

Last edited by Ponchorello; 01-24-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:50 PM
jonjon
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vettered 94
Well... Please read my story and beware this guy (Murph Ball), took my money ($410.00) and I don't even deserve a tracking number...
I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but I was wrong. He's got $300 of my money for a trashed bumper that he sent me. He doesn't seem too interested in getting my money back to me although I offered to ship the bumper back to him AT MY EXPENSE. I won't be doing anymore buying or selling on this forum...

Jon

Quick Reply: "Buyer Beware" - Murph Ball