C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A V3 SI kit VS TTIX turbo kit - labor and cost comparison?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2023, 10:02 AM
Kocmeister
Advanced

Location: Norcross, GA (USA) and Prague, Czech Republic (Europe)
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default A&A V3 SI kit VS TTIX turbo kit - labor and cost comparison?

Is the turbo kit easier in terms of cost and labor than the supercharger kit? Although when reading the posts here on the forum, I noticed the opposite opinions, that is, that the easiest way to supercharge a person to buy a Corvette C6 is something from AA Corvette or ECS, etc., it seems exactly the opposite to me. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I have both things in front of me. I have already purchased the complete A&AV3SI kit and it is ready to install along with the 3.6 Pulley. I also have a TTIX Turbo kit in front of me, which I bought incredibly cheap used. Here I still have to purchase a few details - some rubber tubes, fittings, other springs for the wastegate, etc., but nothing major.
My goal is not high. I have a 2008 C6 with a 6L80 and would prefer around 600RWHP for longevity reasons. I just want 91 Octane and no Meth. At the moment I have 1 7/8 headers, 1.8 Rocker arms and 3" aftermarket exhaust. That's all that would be worth talking about.

If I'm going to install the V3Si kit, the headers are a big plus, as is the 3" x-pipe and axleback. I also need a new harmonic balancer and pin it to the crank. I also have a small conservative cam lined up that I'd replace on that occasion along with accessories like various seals, timing chain.
If I install the TTIX Kit - I can sell the headers and get some of the money back. I don't need to install the harmonic balancer because the current stock one has no problem and I don't even have to deal with pinning the crank. I simply adjust the performance (PSI) using the wastegate springs and I don't really need an aftermarket cam at all do reach power around 600 RWHP. The stock one could probably be fine for my low goals. So I can also sell the cam and get some of the money back. I can also sell already purchased harmonic balancer and pin kit.

Am I thinking right or am I spouting nonsense?
Old 12-11-2023, 11:44 AM
TurboLX
Pro

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

1) You should be able to hit 600rwhp with either setup without a cam change.
2) The Blower will take about 1/2 the install time of the turbo kit.
3) Either setup needs a good PCV separator.
4) I would still put a good balancer on the turbo engine. The stock LS3 balance can and will eventually come loose with over 600hp.

If I were you, I'd just put the centrifugal on and enjoy with far less drama. ...and I'm saying that as a guy who has a twin turbo LS3.
The following 2 users liked this post by TurboLX:
Josh@AandASuperchargers (12-11-2023), tektrans (12-23-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Al_Scrap
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 65 Posts

Why mess with all the turbo stuff for only 600whp? Install the AA Kit in one day and call it a day. No piping rubbing everywhere, no leaking manifold and loose turbo bolt, no oil dripping return line. Its a not brainer for 600whp.
Old 12-12-2023, 07:34 PM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboLX
1) You should be able to hit 600rwhp with either setup without a cam change.
2) The Blower will take about 1/2 the install time of the turbo kit.
3) Either setup needs a good PCV separator.
4) I would still put a good balancer on the turbo engine. The stock LS3 balance can and will eventually come loose with over 600hp.

If I were you, I'd just put the centrifugal on and enjoy with far less drama. ...and I'm saying that as a guy who has a twin turbo LS3.
I will second what TurboLX said - and I have a twin turbo C6...

As much as I love the ridiculous power of the twin turbo set up in my C6, there are days where I wish my car was still the ECS/Paxton 1500 on meth making 760 completely drama free whpr on a conservative tune.
Old 12-13-2023, 02:57 AM
Kocmeister
Advanced

Thanks for the opinions. I certainly understand that a centrifugal blower should be easier to install. However, when I look at both sets already assembled, yes there is a difference. Yes, the TT has more pipes and connections, but it doesn't seem like an unsolvable problem. There are good instructions for both sets on the manufacturer's website.

A&A centrifugal kit assembled (C6)

Turbo Technology TT Kit assembled (C5)

However, I don't quite understand why even you owners of turbo kits keep mentioning that you would still prefer a centrifugal kit. What is this drama you are talking about? Is there any specific installation or setup hitch that is a pain in the *** which does not apply to the centrifugal blower?
You can probably see from my text that I would prefer the turbo after all, I really like the advantage in the torque curve that is written about everywhere, but maybe you are starting to convince me a little bit about the blower. It's not an easy decision to make. I won't try them both, as one day I will tell the mechanics at the car service to install this one there, then I won't change it anymore and I will sell the second set.

Last edited by Kocmeister; 12-13-2023 at 03:19 AM.
Old 12-13-2023, 03:40 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

ttix kit is super nice but you need to drop the drivetrain down for best install and fitment is very tight. much more heat insulation, have fun with that intake going behind AC (ask me how I know)

I've installed both and it's WAY easier to bolt on the supercharger. Turbos are great for higher hp, but "loafing" at 600. shoot, I'm not sure I'd do a blower for 600 as NA will get there with ease

normally the ttix is around 12k which is roughly 2x the cost of the blower kit.

read through both sets of instructions and see if you still think the ttix install is ez It's not.
Old 12-20-2023, 08:50 AM
Kocmeister
Advanced

Thanks everyone for the advice. I considered it and you really convinced me. I will have the V3SI kit installed.
Old 12-23-2023, 03:15 PM
tektrans
Drifting

Received 314 Likes on 220 Posts

Plus lots of under hood heat with a TT.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A V3 SI kit VS TTIX turbo kit - labor and cost comparison?

Quick Reply: A&A V3 SI kit VS TTIX turbo kit - labor and cost comparison?