C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS9 MAP voltage for boost pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2023, 04:14 PM
Nate_M
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Default LS9 MAP voltage for boost pressure?

I swapped out my stock LS3 map with an LS9 map so I could read pressure with my Novi 1500. Can I tap one of the three wires coming off of it and feed it into my analog 2 on my Aeroforce Interceptor gauge? Would anybody know the slope and intercept for it?

Thanks for the thoughts!

Quick follow up. I think I found that the linear output for the LS9 MAP sensor is 312 at 5V, so I think the slope would then equate to 62.5. It's published that the intercept is -11.2, so I guess I can start from there and see what happens. My assumption is that at idle, I should see a negative number, implying that is vacuum? Does that check out?

Last edited by Nate_M; 09-19-2023 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-28-2023, 10:01 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate_M
I swapped out my stock LS3 map with an LS9 map so I could read pressure with my Novi 1500. Can I tap one of the three wires coming off of it and feed it into my analog 2 on my Aeroforce Interceptor gauge? Would anybody know the slope and intercept for it?

Thanks for the thoughts!

Quick follow up. I think I found that the linear output for the LS9 MAP sensor is 312 at 5V, so I think the slope would then equate to 62.5. It's published that the intercept is -11.2, so I guess I can start from there and see what happens. My assumption is that at idle, I should see a negative number, implying that is vacuum? Does that check out?
The linear is 312.5 and offset is -11.25. Any MAP sensor should read 100kPa at sea level and go down with increasing elevation. 100kPa is the breakpoint between vacuum and boost. a 3 bar sensor is 1 bar of vacuum and 2 bar boost. each bar is 14.5psi so if you multiply kPa by .145 and subtract 14.5 psi from the result, you'll be able to convert the kPa to PSI. I'm surprised you're not converting your tune to a 2-bar OS, taking advantage of the increased resolution of the VE table. It's a bit of work but I prefer it. Even though someone changes to a 2-bar OS, it doesn't mean that the MAF can't still remain in play.
Old 09-30-2023, 03:44 AM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

yes, thats a good starting point, probably from the original tune. however i ended up with a bit different values after checking how it is (ls1). like that it underreported by 4-5 kpa with engine off. the original setup underreported by 1-2 kpa. btw, these sensors are not very accurate, +/- 3% is best (out of memory) and gets worse depending on temperature. mine had a huge glitch at 40 kpa i believe.
Old 10-02-2023, 11:58 AM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by romandian
yes, thats a good starting point, probably from the original tune. however i ended up with a bit different values after checking how it is (ls1). like that it underreported by 4-5 kpa with engine off. the original setup underreported by 1-2 kpa. btw, these sensors are not very accurate, +/- 3% is best (out of memory) and gets worse depending on temperature. mine had a huge glitch at 40 kpa i believe.
One other thing to remember is that these sensors are usually ratiometric to the supply. If the 5V supply is only 4.9V, the output voltage will get scaled down the same ratio. The supply voltage and ground voltage at the sensor need to be taken into account.

Get notified of new replies

To LS9 MAP voltage for boost pressure?

Quick Reply: LS9 MAP voltage for boost pressure?