C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Holley Dominator or Terminator

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 08:50 PM
Undecided07
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Anyone using Holley Dominator or Terminator

I’ve noticed some are using Pro EFI instead of the Holley variants on this platform in particular. It seems most of the street/strip crowd is using Holley. I’m starting to research the stand alone ECUs because my tuner said I’m at the absolute limits of what the GM software can control safely. If Pro EFI is the way to go I’m all ears, but Holley has got a lot more saturation it seems & I'm going to be on a steep learning curve that’s going to require someone helping me along as far as installation, set-up, tuning, making changes, traction control, etc. My current combo is a built bottom end with a D1X on E making close to 9xx whp though an auto. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2022, 05:10 AM
wesam
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if you are looking to keep factory accessories then look for ProEfi or Maxx
Holley is good and will do the work and cheaper than the other standalones but you will keep the stock ECM to control the the accessories
For my self I went with Haltech Nexus because I have a big project
Old 09-12-2022, 05:55 PM
Undecided07
Instructor

Does Pro EFI take the place of the factory ECU completely as in communicating with the BCM? Currently the car has all the factory run accessories except for the ABS module.
Old 09-12-2022, 10:56 PM
thehulk
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Undecided07
I’ve noticed some are using Pro EFI instead of the Holley variants on this platform in particular. It seems most of the street/strip crowd is using Holley. I’m starting to research the stand alone ECUs because my tuner said I’m at the absolute limits of what the GM software can control safely. If Pro EFI is the way to go I’m all ears, but Holley has got a lot more saturation it seems & I'm going to be on a steep learning curve that’s going to require someone helping me along as far as installation, set-up, tuning, making changes, traction control, etc. My current combo is a built bottom end with a D1X on E making close to 9xx whp though an auto. Thanks.

I swear we're twins.

Subscribed
Old 09-13-2022, 05:59 AM
Undecided07
Instructor

Originally Posted by thehulk
I swear we're twins.

Subscribed

Lol, definitely sharing some of the same issues & trying to optimize our similar combos. You get anything figured out with the transmission/driveline problems you were having?
Old 09-13-2022, 01:34 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Haltech Elite 2500 on my car. Very happy with my decision.
Old 09-13-2022, 03:26 PM
Undecided07
Instructor

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Haltech Elite 2500 on my car. Very happy with my decision.

Is it a plug & play type install? Fairly easy to navigate & make changes without a “tuners” degree? Is the factory ECU still retained to communicate with the BCM for all of the non-power train accessories to be operated?
Old 09-13-2022, 07:32 PM
Dayman
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pricey but motec m150 on mine and it’s essentially plug and play into factory harness and add whatever other safety stuff you want .ie crank case pressure etc. I’m sure the dominator would be perfectly fine though.
Old 09-13-2022, 10:03 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Is it a plug & play type install? Fairly easy to navigate & make changes without a “tuners” degree? Is the factory ECU still retained to communicate with the BCM for all of the non-power train accessories to be operated?

Everything is all retained and it’s plug and play. My car is a street car and I wasn’t gonna sacrifice anything that didn’t keep it that way. I’m no tuner but I can navigate the software and settings easily.
Old 09-14-2022, 12:59 AM
gavineberhart
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I have a brand new pro efi 112 kit for sale. Kit was 5300 new and it also comes with 1000 dollar screen. Id let it go for cheap. Its brand new in box
Old 09-14-2022, 05:57 AM
Undecided07
Instructor

Originally Posted by gavineberhart
I have a brand new pro efi 112 kit for sale. Kit was 5300 new and it also comes with 1000 dollar screen. Id let it go for cheap. Its brand new in box

Is it the non-ZR1/ZO6 version? Not sure what the real differences are between the 2, but mine is a base LS2 car. What are you asking for it?
Old 09-14-2022, 12:36 PM
gavineberhart
Instructor

It is this one here. GM C6 Corvette (Non ZR1), Camaro, Chevy SS, GM Truck Kit- Pro112 – Pro EFI I would like 3k with the can display which is another 1000 on top of the 5400. So 3k total for everything.
Old 09-14-2022, 11:43 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 688 Posts

Do you have emissions testing in your area? I'm not sure if the Proefi can support that. I kept my stock ecu on my car, trimmed the OEM harness way down, and run a Holley Terminator X to control the engine. Everything else in the car works as it did; a/c, doors, lights, windows, etc..
Old 09-15-2022, 03:43 AM
gavineberhart
Instructor

Yes I am in Cali. I’m pretty sure your right about that. I dont need to worry about smog tho. Any car that has a stand alone ecu in Cali won’t pass smog anyways.
Old 09-15-2022, 02:02 PM
Undecided07
Instructor

Originally Posted by jayyyw
Do you have emissions testing in your area? I'm not sure if the Proefi can support that. I kept my stock ecu on my car, trimmed the OEM harness way down, and run a Holley Terminator X to control the engine. Everything else in the car works as it did; a/c, doors, lights, windows, etc..

How difficult an install was the Holley? Was it plug & play, more of a custom wiring deal?
Old 09-15-2022, 05:21 PM
RecMech
Pro

Received 325 Likes on 148 Posts

I have done the ProEFI Pro128 as a plug and play with the oem dash, bcm, and ecu.. Manual car, worked great.

I now have the Pro128 as a true stand alone with a PDM controlling the doors and windows (index function works). Again, manual trans and works flawlessly.

Last year I worked on converting a 6L80 car from E38 and BCM to a Pro128 standalone with the 6L80.. I got the CAN to work and communicate with the trans directly, but before we could test it the 6L80 was pulled in favor of a TH400. There were very few tuners capable of dealing with this trans/ProEFI setup as a standalone.

I have not installed a Holley yet, but with basic trackside tuning I find it to be easier to deal with. (Holley=easier/ ProEFI=more powerful, IMO) That being said, my car is undergoing a major rebuild and the Pro128 is staying put!
The following users liked this post:
jayyyw (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 09:09 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

How difficult an install was the Holley? Was it plug & play, more of a custom wiring deal?
The install for the Holley itself is super simple. It's all plug and play. You'd only have to add a fuel pressure sensor. Trimming down the factory harness takes a little effort but its not hard to do.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone using Holley Dominator or Terminator

Old 09-16-2022, 11:35 AM
skydaman
Drifting

Received 264 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by RecMech
I have done the ProEFI Pro128 as a plug and play with the oem dash, bcm, and ecu.. Manual car, worked great.

I now have the Pro128 as a true stand alone with a PDM controlling the doors and windows (index function works). Again, manual trans and works flawlessly.

Last year I worked on converting a 6L80 car from E38 and BCM to a Pro128 standalone with the 6L80.. I got the CAN to work and communicate with the trans directly, but before we could test it the 6L80 was pulled in favor of a TH400. There were very few tuners capable of dealing with this trans/ProEFI setup as a standalone.

I have not installed a Holley yet, but with basic trackside tuning I find it to be easier to deal with. (Holley=easier/ ProEFI=more powerful, IMO) That being said, my car is undergoing a major rebuild and the Pro128 is staying put!
I would agree Holley is easy to deal with but don't let that fool you as you can make it as easy or as advanced as you want. Holley is plenty capable to run a Pro Mod or any car at a competitive level, Tom Bailey runs a Holley Dominator on his 5 sec street car, and Pro Stock requires you to run a Holley HP.
Old 09-16-2022, 01:56 PM
Undecided07
Instructor

Originally Posted by jayyyw
The install for the Holley itself is super simple. It's all plug and play. You'd only have to add a fuel pressure sensor. Trimming down the factory harness takes a little effort but its not hard to do.

Was trimming down the factory harness a weight reduction mod, or necessary for the Holley installation, so that there isn’t a bunch of unterminated wiring?
Old 09-16-2022, 08:41 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Was trimming down the factory harness a weight reduction mod, or necessary for the Holley installation, so that there isn’t a bunch of unterminated wiring?
It wasn't for weight but that was a plus. It was more for opening up space around the engine and wanting to keep the stock ecu "functional" for emissions testing purposes. My factory start button and gauges still work. All I left was the crank signal, oil pressure, coolant temp, and oil temp. I recommend keeping the TB plug and keeping a "dummy" TB plugged in and hidden somewhere. This will prevent the reduced engine power error from popping up every 5 mins. Or you can run a dashlogic and I believe that cancels out the error from popping up too.

Quick Reply: Anyone using Holley Dominator or Terminator