C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check this out!!! ECS kits will be able to order with a Air to Water intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 12:54 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

Default Check this out!!! ECS kits will be able to order with a Air to Water intercooler

Hi guys, been a while since I have posted here and I just wanted to bring you guys up to speed with what has been going on at ECS post Covid.

We have been dealing with Covid delays and low inventory like everyone else, but more importantly we felt we needed to take full control of our manufacturing and keep everything we can in house or we simply cannot grow. We felt like we were at a stand still with innovating new products, we had to discontinue several parts that we knew would be too difficult of a sale since we had to rely on an outside source to manufacture them, idea's we would have loved to have brought to market were put off simply because we couldn't get the parts made or we felt we needed to be in full control of it or it wouldn't go as planned. So we have spent the last two years or so really taking hold of the reins so we can come back with the innovative products we are known for.

This took some time to learn the new machinery, tool the CNC machine, CAD draw all of our existing products, all before we could start going forward with new development. We have a FARO Arm for scanning what we cannot get on line in CAD form, powder coating is now done in house, we are 3D printing our parts before we make them in metal to test fit and so on. There will always be something we have to purchase from an outside source, but we are lessoning it by the day.

So that brings us to today, one of our very good customers ran out of intercooler with his 1300hp custom ECS TT kit. So we have made a CAD drawing of the air to water system below that we are going to be installing. It comes with two 1000 hp intercoolers and a large heat exchanger for street use. This set up is a little different than our charger kit being twins, but the basic layout is close. The difference on IAT's with this set up over an air to air intercooler is substantial, plus the airflow to the radiator is better, helping with C5-C6 overheating issues.

I have been driving my Silverado with our A2W intercooler system for 40-50,000 miles now and the IAT difference is very noticeable to say the least. After a few hour drive you cannot leave your hand on the outlet tube of the supercharger or you will be burned, but the side coming out of the intercooler is cold to the touch. IAT's rarely go 30* over ambient even on multiple gear pulls. (Ooops, I think I just let the cat out of the bag that we have a Silverado/Tahoe A2W supercharger kit coming out that will be thousands less than what is currently out there!)

So our plans are to make the A2W intercooler either an upgrade to your current system, our it can be purchased with any of our supercharger offerings. I hope this becomes the main way these are ordered in the future, it will take a little time to get these finalized for a mass production run, but we are getting closer so I figured I would let you guys know what is coming down the pike from ECS. Pricing is not 100% finalized yet, but we will post it up as soon as it is.

Thanks for your interest and sorry for the long post!

The following 5 users liked this post by DOUG @ ECS:
1SwtRide (02-11-2022), BoosTTed C6 (02-12-2022), C5 Pete (02-17-2022), c5mtl (02-10-2022), GrandpaC6 (05-18-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 07:05 AM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,232 Likes on 775 Posts

What cores are you going to use?
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 02-10-2022, 10:03 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by Cordes Performance Racing
What cores are you going to use?
Bell, typically what we use for anything like this.
Old 02-10-2022, 11:02 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Bell, typically what we use for anything like this.
You should strongly consider garret's. I've tested them vs bell and they can't hold a candle for iat management and airflow to a garret.
Old 02-10-2022, 11:24 AM
DOUG @ ECS

You should strongly consider garret's. I've tested them vs bell and they can't hold a candle for iat management and airflow to a garret.

interesting, thanks.
The following users liked this post:
Old 02-10-2022, 02:26 PM
DOUG @ ECS

I just spoke to Alex about this and he thought I was talking about the larger air to air intercooler, he is using the Garret cores with the dual water flow design. Obviously not a project I am much personally involved in, but excited to get it going. lol

Thanks for the heads up though, much appreciated, Alex says hi.
Old 02-10-2022, 05:15 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Stunning! Well done guys!
DOUG @ ECS (02-16-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 05:26 PM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Received 1,319 Likes on 890 Posts

This is very cool!
DOUG @ ECS (02-16-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 02:24 PM
BLWN427
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Very interested in this as a upgrade to my current A2A YSI-B setup. Can’t wait to see the results.
DOUG @ ECS (02-16-2022)
Old 02-12-2022, 06:22 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

@Cordes Performance Racing have you tested the CSF cores as well? They are significantly bigger than the Garrett’s but not sure if the cores are as good.
Old 02-12-2022, 07:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by chuntington101
@Cordes Performance Racing have you tested the CSF cores as well? They are significantly bigger than the Garrett’s but not sure if the cores are as good.
yes. Absolutely nothing touches a garret core.
Old 02-13-2022, 01:43 AM
wesam
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Hi guys, been a while since I have posted here and I just wanted to bring you guys up to speed with what has been going on at ECS post Covid.

We have been dealing with Covid delays and low inventory like everyone else, but more importantly we felt we needed to take full control of our manufacturing and keep everything we can in house or we simply cannot grow. We felt like we were at a stand still with innovating new products, we had to discontinue several parts that we knew would be too difficult of a sale since we had to rely on an outside source to manufacture them, idea's we would have loved to have brought to market were put off simply because we couldn't get the parts made or we felt we needed to be in full control of it or it wouldn't go as planned. So we have spent the last two years or so really taking hold of the reins so we can come back with the innovative products we are known for.

This took some time to learn the new machinery, tool the CNC machine, CAD draw all of our existing products, all before we could start going forward with new development. We have a FARO Arm for scanning what we cannot get on line in CAD form, powder coating is now done in house, we are 3D printing our parts before we make them in metal to test fit and so on. There will always be something we have to purchase from an outside source, but we are lessoning it by the day.

So that brings us to today, one of our very good customers ran out of intercooler with his 1300hp custom ECS TT kit. So we have made a CAD drawing of the air to water system below that we are going to be installing. It comes with two 1000 hp intercoolers and a large heat exchanger for street use. This set up is a little different than our charger kit being twins, but the basic layout is close. The difference on IAT's with this set up over an air to air intercooler is substantial, plus the airflow to the radiator is better, helping with C5-C6 overheating issues.

I have been driving my Silverado with our A2W intercooler system for 40-50,000 miles now and the IAT difference is very noticeable to say the least. After a few hour drive you cannot leave your hand on the outlet tube of the supercharger or you will be burned, but the side coming out of the intercooler is cold to the touch. IAT's rarely go 30* over ambient even on multiple gear pulls. (Ooops, I think I just let the cat out of the bag that we have a Silverado/Tahoe A2W supercharger kit coming out that will be thousands less than what is currently out there!)

So our plans are to make the A2W intercooler either an upgrade to your current system, our it can be purchased with any of our supercharger offerings. I hope this becomes the main way these are ordered in the future, it will take a little time to get these finalized for a mass production run, but we are getting closer so I figured I would let you guys know what is coming down the pike from ECS. Pricing is not 100% finalized yet, but we will post it up as soon as it is.

Thanks for your interest and sorry for the long post!

Will you offer this without your SC kit ?
Will it fit C5 ?
I'm interested for my TT C5
Old 02-16-2022, 01:37 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by wesam
Will you offer this without your SC kit ?
Will it fit C5 ?
I'm interested for my TT C5
Yes it will be offered by itself, that way those who have a kit from another manufacturer can also upgrade their intercooler. C5 will be offered as well.
Old 02-17-2022, 09:39 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Badass Doug!
DOUG @ ECS (02-22-2022)
Old 02-23-2022, 04:48 AM
c5mtl
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

What size water lines /pump combo are you thinking in a rear mounted ice/water setup

Get notified of new replies

To Check this out!!! ECS kits will be able to order with a Air to Water intercooler

Quick Reply: Check this out!!! ECS kits will be able to order with a Air to Water intercooler