C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terminator x in c6 help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 01:53 PM
Scubalineman88
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terminator x in c6 help please

I have an 05 and I'm putting a terminator x in and I want to retain my dash and ac functions that the normal equipment normally would run. I've found very few threads on this so I figured I'd write a post in hope someone can give their tips as to what I have to do to keep all my stock gauges working in the car. I want the benefits of the holley but want my interior to stay as close to stock functioning as possible. If anyone knows things or steps I need to take for this please help me.
Old 01-16-2022, 05:26 PM
HouseS2k
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Scubalineman88
I have an 05 and I'm putting a terminator x in and I want to retain my dash and ac functions that the normal equipment normally would run. I've found very few threads on this so I figured I'd write a post in hope someone can give their tips as to what I have to do to keep all my stock gauges working in the car. I want the benefits of the holley but want my interior to stay as close to stock functioning as possible. If anyone knows things or steps I need to take for this please help me.
Call Fran at RPM
Old 01-16-2022, 09:35 PM
Scubalineman88
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by HouseS2k
Call Fran at RPM
what state is RPM in and what is the name of the business so I find the correct one
Old 01-17-2022, 09:32 AM
HouseS2k
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

what state is RPM in and what is the name of the business so I find the correct one
Race Proven Motorsports
Old 01-20-2022, 09:28 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 688 Posts

Fran is not going to explain how to get it all working.

To keep the stock gauges and push button start, you need to keep the stock ECU hooked up to the coolant sensor, oil pressure sensor, crank sensor, and cam sensor.

Obviously, the Holley needs to see the same signals from those sensors. So, you need to splice the Holley into the crank, cam, and oil pressure sensors. You will need to run a second coolant temp sensor. Then run all the other connections from the Holley to the engine.
Old 01-20-2022, 10:47 PM
BLWN427
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Or you can go with Proefi plug n play harness and have all your factory gauges and can bus functionality.
Old 01-21-2022, 01:24 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Text me tomorrow and set up a call with you and give some of the answers you need to get this done right. I do Haltech ECU integration in C5's and 6's fairly often.
Bret

972-Seven Four one-7457
Old 01-21-2022, 08:40 AM
Scubalineman88
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by jayyyw

To keep the stock gauges and push button start, you need to keep the stock ECU hooked up to the coolant sensor, oil pressure sensor, crank sensor, and cam sensor.

Obviously, the Holley needs to see the same signals from those sensors. So, you need to splice the Holley into the crank, cam, and oil pressure sensors. You will need to run a second coolant temp sensor. Then run all the other connections from the Holley to the engine.

What do I do about the dbw?
Old 01-21-2022, 11:52 AM
skydaman
Drifting

Received 264 Likes on 169 Posts

Delete it! Technically X Max could control it for you but I have not been impressed with it. You can either fab up your own pedal or buy something like this: https://www.lpracing.net/product-pag...throttle-pedal

Yes keeping the stock ECM/BCM in place everything still works with Holley controlling the engine. I didn't care about the gauges since I used the Holley digital dash.

Old 01-21-2022, 12:49 PM
Scubalineman88
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by skydaman
Delete it! Technically X Max could control it for you but I have not been impressed with it. You can either fab up your own pedal or buy something like this: https://www.lpracing.net/product-pag...throttle-pedal

Yes keeping the stock ECM/BCM in place everything still works with Holley controlling the engine. I didn't care about the gauges since I used the Holley digital dash.

If I change to a drive by cable pedal assembly what throttle bodies would I have to use in order to use that you've got cause I'm assuming the drive by wire throttle bodies would no longer work
Old 01-21-2022, 02:10 PM
skydaman
Drifting

If I change to a drive by cable pedal assembly what throttle bodies would I have to use in order to use that you've got cause I'm assuming the drive by wire throttle bodies would no longer work
I use a Holley as do many others since the IAC, TPS etc is already in the Holley software dropdowns but don't let that limit you as you can use anything. That said the new Motion Raceworks throttle bodies look nice as well.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:57 PM
Scubalineman88
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by skydaman
I use a Holley as do many others since the IAC, TPS etc is already in the Holley software dropdowns but don't let that limit you as you can use anything. That said the new Motion Raceworks throttle bodies look nice as well.

Did you change your pedal assembly or do you still use the dbw?
Old 01-21-2022, 05:01 PM
skydaman
Drifting

Did you change your pedal assembly or do you still use the dbw?
You change it all out, the link gives an idea of what it is. I used a Lokar pedal and cable but same basic idea.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:36 PM
colten79
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Just added Terminator X Max to my C6. It's not difficult if you can stay organized. PM me if you need anything cleared up.
The following users liked this post:
Jbuckley (12-21-2023)
Old 01-21-2022, 09:37 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

If you get the X Max you can still use DBW
Old 01-21-2022, 10:01 PM
Scubalineman88
Heel & Toe

If you get the X Max you can still use DBW
I know I can use it but from whY I've been told by people who do that. Ill be throwing codes on my stock dash and I'm trying to avoid the codes. Also I don't wanna lose traction control if I don't have to. I'm not using a holley dash setup at all
Old 01-21-2022, 10:35 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Well, looks like the Holley is not what you want then. Proefi plugs and plays and does not throw codes on the dash, etc...

Get notified of new replies

To Terminator x in c6 help please

Old 01-23-2022, 01:08 AM
BLWN427
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Well, looks like the Holley is not what you want then. Proefi plugs and plays and does not throw codes on the dash, etc...
and the traction control is amazing.
Old 01-23-2022, 11:38 AM
C6-LS2-MN6
Burning Brakes

Received 125 Likes on 81 Posts

Do any of these stand alone type computers still allow the use of the ODBII port in order to pass state inspection emissions?
Old 01-24-2022, 12:03 PM
skydaman
Drifting

Originally Posted by C6-LS2-MN6
Do any of these stand alone type computers still allow the use of the ODBII port in order to pass state inspection emissions?
If you leave the OEM ECM in place it can report the VIN and readiness codes.

I know I can use it but from whY I've been told by people who do that. Ill be throwing codes on my stock dash and I'm trying to avoid the codes. Also I don't wanna lose traction control if I don't have to. I'm not using a holley dash setup at all
Holley Terminator is not setup for this as its a basic entry level ECM. Need to run something like the Holley Dominator, Pro-EFI, Motec, etc for the I/O required to do something like that but it takes a lot of work. All of the aftermarket ECM's have traction control that is far better than stock.

Quick Reply: Terminator x in c6 help please