C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Washer pump for Meth

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 10:32 AM
robertaj
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Washer pump for Meth

Hey guys can you link me to a meth pump for an ECS supercharger kit. My "red" light goes off saying that the car is building pressure but the "green" led doesn't light up so I think i need to replace the meth pump? Does that sound right?

I am trying to save myself a 2 hour drive to ECS if possible and do it myself. i THINK its a simple swap but would love to hear your thoughts (and maybe a link to pump to purchase) otherwise back down to ECS i go!

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-03-2020, 11:47 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Just an alky control pump. Order it direct from them if you want.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:55 AM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

Received 174 Likes on 148 Posts

I’m having the same issue. It may just be the settings. What happens when you test it?
Old 07-03-2020, 04:12 PM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

last time that happened to me, I found a loose fitting.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:28 PM
robertaj
Drifting

Originally Posted by JetstreamGS
I’m having the same issue. It may just be the settings. What happens when you test it?
I totally forgot there is a test button!!!

turns out it might be user error lol... the green only comes on after 8lb right? I think I just wasn't staying in it long enough lol ... I'll have to do more "testing" tomorrow but a few pulls today and it did give me a green, so either i just have a lose connection or I'm just not the bright!!!!

Last edited by robertaj; 07-03-2020 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:32 PM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

Originally Posted by robertaj
I totally forgot there is a test button!!!

turns out it might be user error lol... the green only comes on after 8lb right? I think I just wasn't staying in it long enough lol ... I'll have to do more "testing" tomorrow but a few pulls today and it did give me a green, so either i just have a lose connection or I'm just not the bright!!!!
Depends what you have it set at. What's your **** position set to?
Press and hold test button and see if it turns green. Once it does engine should stumble and/or stall out. Then you know pump is working. Mine seems to be working fine when testing but led still doesn't go green when I'm in it. Very strange.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:46 PM
robertaj
Drifting

Depends what you have it set at. What's your **** position set to?
Press and hold test button and see if it turns green. Once it does engine should stumble and/or stall out. Then you know pump is working. Mine seems to be working fine when testing but led still doesn't go green when I'm in it. Very strange.
so if the test button gets the green on then it would sound like just a setting is wrong... if you want ill try to grab a pic tomorrow of where mine is at... i know there is a little tab of RTV on it to make sure it doesnt turn either way somehow.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:48 PM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

so if the test button gets the green on then it would sound like just a setting is wrong... if you want ill try to grab a pic tomorrow of where mine is at... i know there is a little tab of RTV on it to make sure it doesnt turn either way somehow.
If test gets it green and engine stubbles pump is working. I’m still trying to figure out why mine isn’t going green when in boost?

Last edited by JetstreamGS; 07-03-2020 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:53 PM
robertaj
Drifting

If test gets it green and engine stubbles pump is working. I’m still trying to figure out why mine isn’t going green when in boost?
how old is it ? I know the other thing that happens to the pumps why they say they should be replaced every couple years is because the meth destroys the pump itself so maybe your not getting the proper sealing or something to build the full pressure ?
Old 07-03-2020, 11:56 PM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

how old is it ? I know the other thing that happens to the pumps why they say they should be replaced every couple years is because the meth destroys the pump itself so maybe your not getting the proper sealing or something to build the full pressure ?
I just replaced the damn thing last year because of this exact issue. I have iat reading and prior to this when led turn green iat would drop dramatically. Now it stays red and barely drops a few degrees. I adjusted the gain **** all the way to 8 and no change. I don’t get it.
Old 07-05-2020, 01:33 AM
MRSUPRA
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

I just replaced the damn thing last year because of this exact issue. I have iat reading and prior to this when led turn green iat would drop dramatically. Now it stays red and barely drops a few degrees. I adjusted the gain **** all the way to 8 and no change. I don’t get it.
I had a similar problem. Light stopped going green after the car sat for several months. I replaced the pump with a brand new one, and still no green light. After talking with Julio, I bled the system out very thoroughly, about a gallon bled out through the nozzle. Bam, got all the air pockets out and the green light comes on again..
The following users liked this post:
JetstreamGS (07-08-2020)
Old 07-05-2020, 09:10 PM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

Originally Posted by MRSUPRA
I had a similar problem. Light stopped going green after the car sat for several months. I replaced the pump with a brand new one, and still no green light. After talking with Julio, I bled the system out very thoroughly, about a gallon bled out through the nozzle. Bam, got all the air pockets out and the green light comes on again..
Can you explain exactly how you bled the air out?
Old 07-06-2020, 01:22 AM
MRSUPRA
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Can you explain exactly how you bled the air out?
I just pulled off the nozzle and put it in a empty milk container. Started the engine and pushed the bottom on the controller to activate the methanol injection until it filled up the entire container with methanol. That seemed to do the trick. Apparently I didn’t bleed it nearly long enough when I first installed the new pump. It’s been working perfect now after battling it for several months.
JetstreamGS (07-06-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 09:59 PM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

Originally Posted by MRSUPRA
I just pulled off the nozzle and put it in a empty milk container. Started the engine and pushed the bottom on the controller to activate the methanol injection until it filled up the entire container with methanol. That seemed to do the trick. Apparently I didn’t bleed it nearly long enough when I first installed the new pump. It’s been working perfect now after battling it for several months.
Thanks for the tip. I did exactly that and we’re in business! Red led immediately turns green and iat drops. Kit is finally working properly! Crazy how something so trivial can cause big problems. Even Julio didn’t think of this when we were troubleshooting. I must say his customer service is excellent.
MRSUPRA (07-10-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 12:28 AM
robertaj
Drifting

[thats awesome to hear.... How much did you cycle to bleed it?

QUOTE=JetstreamGS;1601809761]Thanks for the tip. I did exactly that and we’re in business! Red led immediately turns green and iat drops. Kit is finally working properly! Crazy how something so trivial can cause big problems. Even Julio didn’t think of this when we were troubleshooting. I must say his customer service is excellent.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-09-2020, 01:03 AM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

I filled an empty peanut butter jug three times. Probably overkill but it was a major pita getting the nozzle off so I didn’t want to have to do it again. Had to remove t-bolt clamp from charge pipe since it was in the way and could barely fit a wrench in to loosen it. Then I jacked up the car and fished the line down so it could bleed properly. Then I put it back together and tightened all of the other clamps holding the piping together. This was on my f-body btw.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:48 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

The green light comes on at 50psi, FYI. Red just means it’s sending power to the pump. Green means it’s hit 50psi. I’ve seen over 160psi on mine when I used to log meth pressure.

Get notified of new replies

To Washer pump for Meth

Old 07-27-2020, 07:26 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts

mine is set at "7" and with just "red" Led.....IAt's drop dramatically before "green" comes on
Old 07-27-2020, 08:01 PM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

Originally Posted by C U IN REARVEIW
mine is set at "7" and with just "red" Led.....IAt's drop dramatically before "green" comes on
My issue is back again. Julio seems to think that it's heat related causing the meth to boil and introducing air in the lines. I've had just about enough with this damn kit.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:15 AM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts

My issue is back again. Julio seems to think that it's heat related causing the meth to boil and introducing air in the lines. I've had just about enough with this damn kit.
I ended up running a long braided line around the engine bay (far from all components ) and it has been working great in 100+° temps. Now if it sits around idling for long it seems to boil off....I just re-purge the system for a couple seconds

Last edited by C U IN REARVEIW; 07-29-2020 at 08:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Washer pump for Meth