C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forward tilted radiator in C6

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 01:49 PM
VVVROOMTX
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Forward tilted radiator in C6

I've seen a few turbo C6s that have forward tilted radiators. What needs to happen to do this on a C6?

Seeing if i can make more room for a plate HX trans cooler, Dewitts radiator and dual fans i want to do.

Old 04-18-2020, 08:14 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 688 Posts

Cutting the crash beam, remove the foam reinforcement and fab up some mounts. If you're still running a/c, you may need to have some custom lines made, extend some wires for the fans, etc..
The following users liked this post:
VVVROOMTX (04-19-2020)
Old 04-19-2020, 01:30 PM
Bluewheelz
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by jayyyw
Cutting the crash beam, remove the foam reinforcement and fab up some mounts. If you're still running a/c, you may need to have some custom lines made, extend some wires for the fans, etc..
Yes, that and you will probably have to relocate your impact sensors from the crash beam. Also, you will have to modify the radiator support/cradle. It's not really that hard if you have access to a welder and some simple sheet metal tools.
The following users liked this post:
VVVROOMTX (04-19-2020)
Old 04-19-2020, 02:57 PM
VVVROOMTX
Racer

Originally Posted by jayyyw
Originally Posted by Bluewheelz
Yes, that and you will probably have to relocate your impact sensors from the crash beam. Also, you will have to modify the radiator support/cradle. It's not really that hard if you have access to a welder and some simple sheet metal tools.
I have access to both so i may do it. I feel like for a centri car it would be beneficial to have that extra room. I need to find a place for this damn trans cooler
Old 04-19-2020, 04:42 PM
Bluewheelz
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by VVVROOMTX
I have access to both so i may do it. I feel like for a centri car it would be beneficial to have that extra room. I need to find a place for this damn trans cooler
I pulled the fog lights and am using the sides for other coolers.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:57 AM
VVVROOMTX
Racer

Originally Posted by Bluewheelz
I pulled the fog lights and am using the sides for other coolers.
I want to keep my fog lights
Old 05-03-2020, 08:41 AM
TRINIC5
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by VVVROOMTX
I have a huge independent Transmission cooler under my left rear bumper with an independent fan attached to the cooler and it works incredible, did that since 2009 and never had an issue since then, I also have a rear end cooler on the other side under the bumper setup the same way, now I did the same up front, I have an independent engine cooler with fan attached under my left front bumper just under the fog light.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:05 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

GSpeed have a kit for the C6 now.

Get notified of new replies

To Forward tilted radiator in C6

Quick Reply: Forward tilted radiator in C6