C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have experience with N2MB racing WOTbox?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 01:52 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Received 775 Likes on 583 Posts
Default Anyone have experience with N2MB racing WOTbox?

Figured the F/I section would be the best chance of getting feedback, I’ve got one and we had it hooked up briefly, my question is about the programming/timing of the “no lift shift” feature. Unfortunately we didn’t get to do any street tuning with it before I went out of town and it seems that when it’s hook up you must no lift shift, if you don’t when at higher RPMs it kicks in regardless and when you do let off to shift and get back on it it’s still delayed so I just disabled it, shop is gonna actually go out and street tune next week but they don’t have any experience with this one specifically.

Also how safe are the no lift shifts with this dude? My shop is going to use a kill switch so if I don’t want to use the 2step or no lift I can just kill the unit instead of hooking up to my laptop and disabling through the software every time. Any input of feedback is appreciated. This isn’t a must by any means if the risk reward is too high I just assumed not even mess with no lift *****....but all these god damn computers on wheels have it too easy and shift so ******* fast it’s pissing me off lol, might have to make a “I only roll other manuals rule)
Old 08-16-2019, 02:24 PM
CHR89
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 73DBG
Figured the F/I section would be the best chance of getting feedback, I’ve got one and we had it hooked up briefly, my question is about the programming/timing of the “no lift shift” feature. Unfortunately we didn’t get to do any street tuning with it before I went out of town and it seems that when it’s hook up you must no lift shift, if you don’t when at higher RPMs it kicks in regardless and when you do let off to shift and get back on it it’s still delayed so I just disabled it, shop is gonna actually go out and street tune next week but they don’t have any experience with this one specifically.

Also how safe are the no lift shifts with this dude? My shop is going to use a kill switch so if I don’t want to use the 2step or no lift I can just kill the unit instead of hooking up to my laptop and disabling through the software every time. Any input of feedback is appreciated. This isn’t a must by any means if the risk reward is too high I just assumed not even mess with no lift *****....but all these god damn computers on wheels have it too easy and shift so ******* fast it’s pissing me off lol, might have to make a “I only roll other manuals rule)
I found them to be finicky and gave up pretty quickly the last time I tried using one. It was awkward to get used to as for the most part I had only used NLTS in a dog engagement/strain gauge configuration. So I found getting used to having 2 feet down between shifts to be awkward. The 2 step worked fine from what I remember. Either way I’m not a big fan of NLTS on transmissions with synchros but maybe I’m just overly cautious lol
Old 08-16-2019, 02:28 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

you can set it according to throttle position that way it won't engage at high rpm as long as you aren't over the set tps limit... you can also test it with the car off to make sure it is functioning but I know how you feel, the first time I was nervous and thought I was gonna bang the hell out of the limiter
Old 08-16-2019, 03:31 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

I guess that my question ultimately risk reward and how long it took to get used to not lifting, since I’ve been lifting for ***** since 1999 when I learned to drive a manual lol. I really o my planned on using the 2 step but since it came with the feature at the same price I bought it, after my shop plays around I’ll probably take their advice/opinions on if it’s even worth using or not
Old 08-18-2019, 08:57 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 900 Likes on 689 Posts

NLS can/will damage the trans over time. I have one on my car, but it doesn't work correctly. The plugs I run cause some interference with the module and the clutch signal gets all wacky. I wired in a dual relay to counter it, but still doesn't work correctly. Testing it with the KOEO, it shows to be working.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:37 AM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jayyyw
NLS can/will damage the trans over time. I have one on my car, but it doesn't work correctly. The plugs I run cause some interference with the module and the clutch signal gets all wacky. I wired in a dual relay to counter it, but still doesn't work correctly. Testing it with the KOEO, it shows to be working.
Sounds kinda like what mine was doing even when I was lifting, I think I’m just gonna say **** it and not use it.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:39 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

Never had an issue with mine. Worked exactly as advertised. I used to play with it at lower RPMs just to explain to people how it works. The 2 step was always cool at the car shows as well. The new nitrous feature is the only thing I never played with.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:32 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
Never had an issue with mine. Worked exactly as advertised. I used to play with it at lower RPMs just to explain to people how it works. The 2 step was always cool at the car shows as well. The new nitrous feature is the only thing I never played with.
Imma keep the 2step it’s the no lift shift that’s in question
Old 08-19-2019, 02:23 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Don't be afraid of it. Also, don't use the "delayed time" feature for NLS. Keep it on auto. That just cuts the ignition while the clutch is down. That will bail you out if you miss the gear. Historically, that only happened to me once. I aborted the run. There was no damage to anything. That's why I say, use it at lower RPMs first to get a feel for it. After about 20-30 clean shifts at like 5K RPM, let her dance at 7K. Like anything man, it just requires familiarization.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:26 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
Don't be afraid of it. Also, don't use the "delayed time" feature for NLS. Keep it on auto. That just cuts the ignition while the clutch is down. That will bail you out if you miss the gear. Historically, that only happened to me once. I aborted the run. There was no damage to anything. That's why I say, use it at lower RPMs first to get a feel for it. After about 20-30 clean shifts at like 5K RPM, let her dance at 7K. Like anything man, it just requires familiarization.
Ok this is awesome and exactly what I was looking for! Much appreciated man!
The following users liked this post:
Pb82 Ronin (08-19-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 10:33 AM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts

i have all the info you need for that box

ive ran 2 of them, one on a c5z second on my c6z for NLS,Window switch and 2-step

i also have a master install pdf
and the unlock code where you can adjust values above or below default settings
Old 08-20-2019, 10:59 AM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ~STOLEN~

ive ran 2 of them, one on a c5z second on my c6z for NLS,Window switch and 2-step

My man!!! PM coming if you don’t mind I’ll drop my cell in there, would be much easier to text or talk over the phone if you’ve got some time and that’s cool, let me know brah🇺🇸
Old 08-20-2019, 11:49 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ~STOLEN~

What's that unlock code?!?!?
The following users liked this post:
73DBG (08-20-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 10:04 AM
MTBSully
Melting Slicks

Received 649 Likes on 328 Posts

Had one on my 04 cobra and loved it.

Install pretty straight forward on a c6 as well?
Old 08-26-2019, 10:31 AM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MTBSully
Had one on my 04 cobra and loved it.

Install pretty straight forward on a c6 as well?
It installs exactly the same way. Just different color wires for GM versus Ford.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:34 AM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Should be street tuning mine this week I’ll throw up how that went! STOLEN thanks for the input and that code brah!!
Old 10-22-2019, 01:06 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Ok gents I’ve started playing with the WOT box trying to ease my way into NLS pic below is what I’ve got it set at now, I’ve made several successful NLS at moderate throttle no where near WOT and they seem to be working, question is should the NLS be working at lower RPM’s and just casual throttle? Should it not work at casual throttle and only engage at say 70%+ throttle ie damn near WOT?

The auto setting for milliseconds is 350, I saw guys on YouTube saying they aren’t fast shifters and went down to 125 m/s I figured I’m pretty damn slow shifting so 200 m/s would be a good safe starting point

I’ll take all the input I can get from you guys with experience, car makes decent power so I’m not trying to set it real low and expect lightning fast shifts, I’d rather be slower and safer then money shift this bitch

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have experience with N2MB racing WOTbox?

Old 10-22-2019, 01:50 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

If you want it to activate at a lower TPS threshold, lower the trigger voltage. It won't trigger unless it's above 4v.

125-150ms would be a good starting point.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:13 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jayyyw
If you want it to activate at a lower TPS threshold, lower the trigger voltage. It won't trigger unless it's above 4v.

125-150ms would be a good starting point.
Ok, do you have a round about idea to what voltage coincides with an RPM range?

I’d like to have it work with casual driving and accelerating shifts to get the practice of not lifting and once I have that down raise it to only activate during 70%+ throttle

so if I lowered the TPS threshold to say 2v/3v it should be active during normal driving conditions correct? And not active at WOT or higher rpm’s since it’s over the voltage? Total newb over here sorry for all the questions gents
Old 10-22-2019, 02:53 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

It should engage at ANY RPM. I could power shift at 2K rpm just to demonstrate to people how it worked. You just have to make sure you're actually putting the pedal to the floor (actually going WOT).

EDIT: On your No-lift shift setting, put it on AUTO, NOT on a time delay. You thank me when you miss a gear. I would not lower the threshold voltage unless it's not working at all.

Last edited by Pb82 Ronin; 10-22-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone have experience with N2MB racing WOTbox?