C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slo-poc build, break, repeat

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 10:31 AM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Slo-poc build, break, repeat

Short story, end of the summer last year we went to the track and blew up another output shaft. I had lots going on so we just decided to collect parts and get it back to 100% when the time came around.

Added an RPM build rear end with all the goodies. Refreshed the trans, added 3inch driveshaft and zr1 couplers. Redid most of the fuel lines and catch can lines in the engine bay also. Had calipers powder coated while it was down also.

Came across a deal on a Proefi unit and decided to pull the trigger on it for a few different reasons. Really excited about getting it back and having it refreshed with all the best parts. Hopefully we can crack the 1k hp mark before doing some twin turbo setup or going another direction.

While it was down we also had the heads cleaned up and had new valves and springs installed.

Last edited by Slo-Poc; 03-20-2018 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:53 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Been looking forwards to this for a while.

Also can’t wait until you get the pictures posted.
The following users liked this post:
Slo-Poc (03-20-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 10:24 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Awesome. We can be build buddies. Missed your post for awhile.

I'm debating proefi for next setup.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:33 AM
rajahhindi
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Slo-Poc
Short story, end of the summer last year we went to the track and blew up another output shaft. I had lots going on so we just decided to collect parts and get it back to 100% when the time came around.

Added an RPM build rear end with all the goodies. Refreshed the trans, added 3inch driveshaft and zr1 couplers. Redid most of the fuel lines and catch can lines in the engine bay also. Had calipers powder coated while it was down also.

Came across a deal on a Proefi unit and decided to pull the trigger on it for a few different reasons. Really excited about getting it back and having it refreshed with all the best parts. Hopefully we can crack the 1k hp mark before doing some twin turbo setup or going another direction.

While it was down we also had the heads cleaned up and had new valves and springs installed.

Tuff and beautiful car! Just wondering where you got side skirts and front splitter from?
Old 03-21-2018, 08:21 AM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Unreal
Awesome. We can be build buddies. Missed your post for awhile.

I'm debating proefi for next setup.
Great minds think alike or we just enjoy our cars to the fullest as if your old build didn't do work your new engine is going to be silly.

I have been super busy with real life stuff and it kind of worked out because I had no were to store a broken car so I'm not to upset about it being down.

I know I don't have a max effort setup for really utilizing proefi but from all my Supra buddies around here it does what it's supposed to do and traction control is top notch. I was always fighting traction when on my 19s and I love driving the car and making turns but when you make a hard pass in 3rd and it starts torching the tires, it gets dangerous on these tight roads. I run the car pretty hard so having a system that controls everything and simplifies it really helps with longevity and over all enjoyment. Even if it is somewhat over kill.

We were able to ditch all the nitrous controls, fuel relays, and hob switches. Really cleaned it up and should help with looks and performance.
Still running the maxed out D1 with some spray on it. Should make 800 easy like it always has but now we can see if the heads and E help out to get us to that 1k mark. The car never dynoed well but would out run high hp cars all the time.

Next decision is to grab a set of 2inch headers and ditch these 1 3/4 lgs.
Also need to decide is we should grab a D1X or F1a94 or switch to twins later.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:22 AM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rajahhindi
Tuff and beautiful car! Just wondering where you got side skirts and front splitter from?
Sides are from c7 carbon and the front is the smooth splitter from Katech
Old 03-21-2018, 09:15 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

ProEFI is local to me, so I would hope that would help, but after seeing the experience some locals have had, it scares me away. Then again if I do land up dropping big money on next motor, the safety features would be nice.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:55 PM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

ProEFI is local to me, so I would hope that would help, but after seeing the experience some locals have had, it scares me away. Then again if I do land up dropping big money on next motor, the safety features would be nice.
The traction control alone at your power would almost be worth it. I do wish they were local to me because we are still running down a few wiring issues. Even with the plug and play harness.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:34 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Pm, text, IM, or call me if you want to chat about that.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:08 AM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Pm, text, IM, or call me if you want to chat about that.
I sure will thanks!
Old 03-23-2018, 12:40 PM
nareg
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Car looks good. sub'd let us know how you like the pro efi. Also keep the D1 and spray a little more unless you want to swap that LS3 for a LSX XXX with 6 bolt heads
Old 03-23-2018, 05:21 PM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

Nice. Id stick with the D1-X

Get notified of new replies

To Slo-poc build, break, repeat

Quick Reply: Slo-poc build, break, repeat