C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SINISTTERC6 awakening the demon

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 05:21 PM
jenavet
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The best way to rid the curse is to over insure her and leave her outside with the keys in the ignition.
Old 03-10-2024, 08:32 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 379 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by jenavet
The best way to rid the curse is to over insure her and leave her outside with the keys in the ignition.
"It just caught fire on its own"

Na too much put towards this to just walk away
Old 04-02-2024, 08:27 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Burn it to the ground and buy a Lambo at this point
^^^^^That's kinda what I did. Don't get me wrong, loved my TT C6 build but nothing compares to a 2000awhp properly built Huracan!

The following users liked this post:
jayyyw (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 08:53 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Good news is I get a fresh engine:

Bryant crank was the lone survivor of this mass casualty, reinforcements are already on the way. John Simpson and GSpeed building motor 4, if it's like their fab and wiring should be the last one the car needs.

Dart ls next pro series block
Diamond ls race pistons
Callie enforcer rods
ORings, Copper head gaskets

Top end did well but the springs, intake valves and rockers will get swapped for units more oriented in longevity and not drag racing.

The following 2 users liked this post by SinisterC6:
C5 Pete (04-04-2024), MickVette (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 02:08 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
^^^^^That's kinda what I did. Don't get me wrong, loved my TT C6 build but nothing compares to a 2000awhp properly built Huracan!

That's a Nice looking car that I'll bet performs on another level but (to preface this though and this is my opinion), TT Lambo's are quick/fast/whatever but anyone that has the income can buy one and to me, are not that special (I'm one of those that can't afford one but even if I won the lottery, I wouldn't want one, so I'm good there ).

Congratulations on your Lambo Nick but I'd take Bam Bam any day over that car. Bam Bam was a labor of Love and had personality for days! You'd put your heart and sweat into that car and it showed!

It's kind of like Sinister is doing with His C6! He Loves the platform and His car and wants to make it one of the fastest STREET driven C6's on the Planet! Much Respect for that!

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
Good news is I get a fresh engine:

Bryant crank was the lone survivor of this mass casualty, reinforcements are already on the way. John Simpson and GSpeed building motor 4, if it's like their fab and wiring should be the last one the car needs.

Dart ls next pro series block
Diamond ls race pistons
Callie enforcer rods
ORings, Copper head gaskets

Top end did well but the springs, intake valves and rockers will get swapped for units more oriented in longevity and not drag racing.

I'm Sorry to hear about your engine melt down but on the bright side, you'll get a fresh, stronger motor. It takes quite a bit of force to bend a connecting rod like that! OUCH! What happened to it? Was it just too much power and it reached the parts limits?

I do have a question though and am surprised to see that the piston's aren't gas ported like the old ones (unless they just haven't gotten around to drilling them yet but I though that they'd come already done).

Thanks for keeping us posted and I hope that everything turns pout like you want it to.
Old 04-03-2024, 02:23 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by FreddyG

It's kind of like Sinister is doing with His C6! He Loves the platform and His car and wants to make it one of the fastest STREET driven C6's on the Planet! Much Respect for that!

I'm Sorry to hear about your engine melt down but on the bright side, you'll get a fresh, stronger motor. It takes quite a bit of force to bend a connecting rod like that! OUCH! What happened to it? Was it just too much power and it reached the parts limits?

I do have a question though and am surprised to see that the piston's aren't gas ported like the old ones (unless they just haven't gotten around to drilling them yet but I though that they'd come already done).

Thanks for keeping us posted and I hope that everything turns pout like you want it to.
Thanks for the compliment!

Good eye, theyre horizontal gas ports so less change to clog up on pump gas

This was as 4psi~ 1000hp, based on logs and healthy piston appearance it looks like the gasket gave and it hydrolocked

If all goes to plan ill be calling the project SINISTT3RC6

Last edited by SinisterC6; 04-03-2024 at 04:18 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by SinisterC6:
C5 Pete (04-04-2024), FreddyG (04-04-2024), jayyyw (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 04:34 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

[QUOTE=FreddyG;1607683915]That's a Nice looking car that I'll bet performs on another level but (to preface this though and this is my opinion), TT Lambo's are quick/fast/whatever but anyone that has the income can buy one and to me, are not that special (I'm one of those that can't afford one but even if I won the lottery, I wouldn't want one, so I'm good there ).

Congratulations on your Lambo Nick but I'd take Bam Bam any day over that car. Bam Bam was a labor of Love and had personality for days! You'd put your heart and sweat into that car and it showed!

Appreciate props on Bam Bam!
Yeah that in the day were 1K or more was unheard of.

Old 04-03-2024, 09:23 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 898 Likes on 687 Posts

Hopefully this next one is the last one! Any plans to o-ring the block/head?
Old 04-03-2024, 11:13 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jayyyw
Hopefully this next one is the last one! Any plans to o-ring the block/head?
definitely!
head lift has now claimed 2 motors so wont left it happen again
jayyyw (04-04-2024)
Old 04-04-2024, 12:12 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Very nice! Good luck!
Old 04-04-2024, 05:28 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN

This was as 4psi~ 1000hp, based on logs and healthy piston appearance it looks like the gasket gave and it hydrolocked

You're Welcome and Thanks for the good eye compliment! That makes sense about the new gas ports and Thanks because I learned something new today (I didn't know that they could do horizontal gas ports).

You were making 1000hp on only 4 psi? That's an efficient setup! Are you o-ringing the heads or block to go with those new copper gaskets? What head studs are you using?

[QUOTE=NICK YOSKIN;1607684427]
That's a Nice looking car that I'll bet performs on another level but (to preface this though and this is my opinion), TT Lambo's are quick/fast/whatever but anyone that has the income can buy one and to me, are not that special (I'm one of those that can't afford one but even if I won the lottery, I wouldn't want one, so I'm good there ).

Appreciate props on Bam Bam!
Yeah that in the day were 1K or more was unheard of.
You're Welcome on BamBam! You were a Trend Setter when you built that BEAST and were years ahead of your time!
Old 04-04-2024, 09:51 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

You're Welcome and Thanks for the good eye compliment! That makes sense about the new gas ports and Thanks because I learned something new today (I didn't know that they could do horizontal gas ports).

You were making 1000hp on only 4 psi? That's an efficient setup! Are you o-ringing the heads or block to go with those new copper gaskets? What head studs are you using
To claify made 850 at 4spi waste gate,this happend with it set to 8psi at 5k rpm around 1050hp. The benefit to the rear turbo setup was the efficiency and weight over rear tire. It was hitting 1500+ at 23psi back in the day

I'm not sure on studs or which components are getting the receiver grooves but I'll post up when I have the info
jayyyw (04-04-2024)
Old 04-06-2024, 02:41 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

To claify made 850 at 4spi waste gate,this happend with it set to 8psi at 5k rpm around 1050hp. The benefit to the rear turbo setup was the efficiency and weight over rear tire. It was hitting 1500+ at 23psi back in the day

I'm not sure on studs or which components are getting the receiver grooves but I'll post up when I have the info
Thanks! I'm looking forward to continuing to follow your build and Thanks for keeping us up to date because I'm living my modding vicariously through you!
Old 04-28-2024, 12:45 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

This thread giving me bad thoughts again. Hahahaha
Old 04-28-2024, 07:25 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jayyyw
This thread giving me bad thoughts again. Hahahaha
gooooooood
jayyyw (04-28-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 09:44 AM
Summerkruse13
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Nursing Nevada
Nobody is putting money into C6's though. Yes, here and there, but Vipers, GTR's and R8/Huracans are where the big money is going. The chassis is great but they just don't hook at higher power levels. Vipers at least have the aero and the rear tire is basically behind the driver seat, which helps.
The reason the corvette isn't in that category is just simply because people haven't put the time in money into it. I will admit mounting big power adders on this platform is difficult compared to others and that is a huge part of it. Even the viper platform years ago without big investors wasn't anything special.
Old 04-28-2024, 09:58 AM
Summerkruse13
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

How is this happening at such a low power level? Who's building your engines and who's tuning it?
Old 04-28-2024, 01:49 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Summerkruse13
How is this happening at such a low power level? Who's building your engines and who's tuning it?
PM sent, new motor and tuning is by Jon Simpson at Gspeed

Quick Reply: SINISTTERC6 awakening the demon