C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going ECS 1500 and E85. Help me make good choices lol!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 08:44 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick_04k
I love your basic responses when your giving bad advice. "Just dont floor it"

Im just crossing T's here and looking for optimal scenarios and not "what will work".
I try to avoid doing things multiple times for lack of forethought.

I have other boosted vehicles and im no stranger to power, not in here asking if traction is going to be a problem. So please dont start telling me how my centri 376 is going to be such a torque monster i can leave it in 6th gear all the time and ill still be blown away by the acceleration.
I never said a word about traction nor did I say anything about torque. I said your redlining every gear is going to be unnecessary because of the shift in the power band and honestly it's unnecessary on the street even n/a.

Your butthurt is hilarious though...

p.s. Watch the personal attacks, people get banned for that.

Last edited by MBB; 11-17-2016 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:46 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Unreal
I never got the different levels for a road trip. Just don't floor it, or take the <2 minutes and pop in the restrictor for 91 only use. Beyond easy. I've driven 2000+ miles on a road trip with my car and it isn't like you are at 5k+ and going crazy unless you want.
Apparently you give bad advice. So says the OP with all of the experience.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:55 PM
Nick_04k
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Im not talking exclusively to you MBB. Also not knocking everything you have said but yes, "just dont floor it" is bad advice.
No offense to Unreal, thats just not how im going to do it.
Your the one who started talking about "whining" and your Honda days.
I just let you know thats not the "advice" im looking for.
So tell me, who's butthurt again?

Last edited by Nick_04k; 11-17-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:00 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Find me a road trip where you are beating your car non-stop and can't take a minute before the trip to dial it back which takes <2 minutes. Instead you want to waste money and ignore good advice. Why ask if you don't like what you are going to hear?
The following users liked this post:
MBB (11-17-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 09:16 PM
Nick_04k
Racer

Originally Posted by Unreal
Find me a road trip where you are beating your car non-stop and can't take a minute before the trip to dial it back which takes <2 minutes. Instead you want to waste money and ignore good advice. Why ask if you don't like what you are going to hear?
I'm not saying I'm going to beat the car for an entire roadtrip lol. But yes there is a good chance I'll be far away from home, and far from an Ethanol station, and still want to do some WOT pulls. If you read my original response to your earlier post you'll see where I said that putting the restrictor back in is exactly what I'll do.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:25 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

I'm not saying I'm going to beat the car for an entire roadtrip lol. But yes there is a good chance I'll be far away from home, and far from an Ethanol station, and still want to do some WOT pulls. If you read my original response to your earlier post you'll see where I said that putting the restrictor back in is exactly what I'll do.
So you'd go through the hassle of putting the restrictor in or taking it out (not fun) vs. just running a flex setup and having the ecu account for the Ethanol content and adjust the timing in the tune on the fly?

Old 11-17-2016, 09:25 PM
chpmnsws6
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Understood. Shane will tune it for you. Good luck. I'm out.
The following users liked this post:
MBB (11-17-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 09:46 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Centri cars are very linear, easy to control, and easy to drive around. If you want to lower the power output, you can easily not floor it, or short shift it. Just take it to 6k instead of 7k.

There is zero reason not to run a flex fuel setup. My 1200+hp car runs flex fuel. Can drive it around on e100 or e0.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:48 PM
Nick_04k
Racer

I already have a flex fuel sensor. From my understanding unrestricted it will still make more power than the sensor could negatively compensate for (timing) and the engine would still be at risk.
However i dont know that for 100% fact and thats why im here asking.
Can you confirm that one way or another? I dont see one single thread where somebody has run unrestricted and ran low timing to make "safe power".

MBB, do you actually want to help or are you just going to keep being blase and snarky because i asked for help?

Last edited by Nick_04k; 11-17-2016 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:55 AM
MBB
Melting Slicks

I already have a flex fuel sensor. From my understanding unrestricted it will still make more power than the sensor could negatively compensate for (timing) and the engine would still be at risk.
However i dont know that for 100% fact and thats why im here asking.
Can you confirm that one way or another? I dont see one single thread where somebody has run unrestricted and ran low timing to make "safe power".

MBB, do you actually want to help or are you just going to keep being blase and snarky because i asked for help?
You've been helped...several times. You lost your sht and lashed out at the folks giving you the advice you're asking for because you don't want to listen and want to drive how you want to drive.

So...no, none of us are going to help you any further at this point because you've got a funky attitude. But you know more than us so what are you worried about?

Good luck Torretto....
Old 11-18-2016, 12:19 PM
Nick_04k
Racer

You speak for everyone now too huh? Lol move along nicely now

Quick Reply: Going ECS 1500 and E85. Help me make good choices lol!