C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody running an AEM Infinity -8 on their C6?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 05:36 PM
under_psi
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anybody running an AEM Infinity -8 on their C6?

Anyone? Lol

How do you like it?
I know you need to buy the ECu, and the layover harness, what else?
Old 01-15-2015, 12:39 AM
narfdanarf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have personal experience with many many AEM infinity phantom failures. I cannot go into details due to obligations but I will say that one car in particular will have Haltech this year with the hopes it can finish a race....
Old 01-15-2015, 08:07 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

KP Racing has been a big supporter of the AEM Infinity and was installing one in one of Kelly Bise's Corvette, but not sure if they have finnished the install and if it was going to use all the factory gauges or not etc... Might try giving them a call and see what they have to say about it just to get another opinion. I know alot of there older stuff was plaiged with some mystical failers, but don't have any experience with this one for sure. Just a little more infor, and another shop to ask what they think of it. GL! BTW my Pro EFI works great, and Brett is pretty happy with his Haltech set up in his F2 C5.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:10 AM
under_psi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by narfdanarf
I have personal experience with many many AEM infinity phantom failures. I cannot go into details due to obligations but I will say that one car in particular will have Haltech this year with the hopes it can finish a race....
Many? That's shocking seeing as it hasn't even been out very long...

I know FSP here local to me offers complete Halltech and Elite packages, but I don't think its up to par with Aem or pro Efi when it comes to traction control...
Old 01-15-2015, 08:11 AM
under_psi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by inspector12
KP Racing has been a big supporter of the AEM Infinity and was installing one in one of Kelly Bise's Corvette, but not sure if they have finnished the install and if it was going to use all the factory gauges or not etc... Might try giving them a call and see what they have to say about it just to get another opinion. I know alot of there older stuff was plaiged with some mystical failers, but don't have any experience with this one for sure. Just a little more infor, and another shop to ask what they think of it. GL! BTW my Pro EFI works great, and Brett is pretty happy with his Haltech set up in his F2 C5.
I think I will do that. I know Real St. Performance has done several domestics with it already.
The infinity seems to have so many nice features, I hadn't heard of people have issues with them until now...
Old 01-15-2015, 09:19 AM
inspector12
Drifting

The new Haltech Elite's traction control options according to what Brett had described to me over the phone seemed to be on par with the others as far as features. Now I do remember Chris from D3 was talking the the Nth moto guys about the AEM and traction control and they got into a quick discussion and Chris seemed to not like the way AEM's traction control worked and talked about reaction time vs the Pro EFI etc... I can't remeber the exact disscussion as I was only mildly interested since I already have the Pro EFI and I'm going to contiue tweeking it etc... Just some more info for you, and you might call D3 and talk to Chris as he's got a TON of experience an knowledge about the tunning system's offered and pro's and cons of a lot of them. He deals for Motec, Pro EFI etc...GL!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:11 AM
under_psi
Burning Brakes

The new Haltech Elite's traction control options according to what Brett had described to me over the phone seemed to be on par with the others as far as features. Now I do remember Chris from D3 was talking the the Nth moto guys about the AEM and traction control and they got into a quick discussion and Chris seemed to not like the way AEM's traction control worked and talked about reaction time vs the Pro EFI etc... I can't remeber the exact disscussion as I was only mildly interested since I already have the Pro EFI and I'm going to contiue tweeking it etc... Just some more info for you, and you might call D3 and talk to Chris as he's got a TON of experience an knowledge about the tunning system's offered and pro's and cons of a lot of them. He deals for Motec, Pro EFI etc...GL!
I may do that. There is only one expert pro Efi tuner around here and is rather not deal with him.

I can get the infinity almost wholesale, but I just spoke to real st. And they won't even tune or install it if you don't buy it from them!

I'm like screw you son!!
Old 01-15-2015, 11:30 AM
inspector12
Drifting

I'll put Chris Delgato against anyone on Pro EFI Hell Pro EFI themselves kept saying let me call Chris and see how he's doing this or that! Kind of crazy when they keep refering to someone that doesn't even work for them. Most of the other shops that tune it send the TB's to him to get calibrated as they can't get them to work right lol! But I hear you I like to deal with local ppl if I can on tuning etc...
Old 01-16-2015, 02:37 AM
harveyjl
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

KP racing has done a couple of vettes with the AEM using a plug and play harness. Mine has it which is a TT z06, all stock gauges work, there is an issue with the reduced engine speed (or some message like that) but its because the stock computer can not see the throttle body position KP, AEM, are working together to get that fixed.

As far as traction control on the AEM, it uses wheel speed senors and the tuner can adjust the % of wheel spin. So on my car I have a set of 19" forgelines and 15" slicks, The car will be driven with the 19" forgeline and Joe will set the % of wheel spin, so that the rear wheel wont out run the front wheel by whatever % Joe wants (we will do the same on the 15"), we will then have a selector switch so the % will automatically be programmed into the AEM and I can change the switch depending on which tire set up I am running.

I cant argue pro EFI or AEM but they both work great and both have been proven its just preference. Some nut swing pro efi while some nut swing AEM, its just a preference.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:33 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Originally Posted by harveyjl
KP racing has done a couple of vettes with the AEM using a plug and play harness. Mine has it which is a TT z06, all stock gauges work, there is an issue with the reduced engine speed (or some message like that) but its because the stock computer can not see the throttle body position KP, AEM, are working together to get that fixed.

As far as traction control on the AEM, it uses wheel speed senors and the tuner can adjust the % of wheel spin. So on my car I have a set of 19" forgelines and 15" slicks, The car will be driven with the 19" forgeline and Joe will set the % of wheel spin, so that the rear wheel wont out run the front wheel by whatever % Joe wants (we will do the same on the 15"), we will then have a selector switch so the % will automatically be programmed into the AEM and I can change the switch depending on which tire set up I am running.

I cant argue pro EFI or AEM but they both work great and both have been proven its just preference. Some nut swing pro efi while some nut swing AEM, its just a preference.
Yeah last time I was over there Amber was showing me all the AEM stuff they had for Kelly's car etc... But I was under the impression that KP actually made there own jumper harness?? Pro EFI is simular with 5 selector switch/settings TC is a % of slip the same comparing the fronts to the rears adj for tire size is critical. Also if Pro EFI controls the TB then you will get the "Reduced Engine Power" message on the display. But I let the factory computer control it and that way there is no message etc... I don't thing the message would bother me too much if I had to let the Pro EFI control it as you can just clear it right? Or does it keep poping back up?
Old 01-16-2015, 12:57 PM
under_psi
Burning Brakes

I called KP racing yesterday but couldn't get anyone on the phone that knew about it. I'll have to try again. They use a boomslang harness.
However AEM told me yesterday they hve their own layover harness now. But, the one that is suited to work with the -8 has not been released yet.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:45 PM
harveyjl
Pro

Originally Posted by under_psi
I called KP racing yesterday but couldn't get anyone on the phone that knew about it. I'll have to try again. They use a boomslang harness.
However AEM told me yesterday they hve their own layover harness now. But, the one that is suited to work with the -8 has not been released yet.
Yes you prolly talked to Troy or Steve, you need to ask for Joe and he can answer all of your questions.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:38 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

My local guy uses AEMs on everything, and loves them. No issues. He has done a few proefis and can't stand them. If AEM has a plug and play I could see doing it later this year. Haltech 2500 is still a maybe for me since Matt does them, but until the TC is implemented and working well I'm holding off.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:42 PM
under_psi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Unreal
My local guy uses AEMs on everything, and loves them. No issues. He has done a few proefis and can't stand them. If AEM has a plug and play I could see doing it later this year. Haltech 2500 is still a maybe for me since Matt does them, but until the TC is implemented and working well I'm holding off.
I've tried contacting him about the elite but haven't heard back. But I understand the TC on it isn't as good as Aem or proefi. I don't think its ignition based either...
Old 01-16-2015, 08:39 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

From what I've seen it isn't even implemented yet.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:42 PM
under_psi
Burning Brakes

From what I've seen it isn't even implemented yet.
Maybe FSP can clarify, and also send me a PM or email response?
Old 01-17-2015, 09:38 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Your local guy that did the Pro EFI, yeah I can back him up on the install. They give you a single typed piece of paper with a few lists of pinouts is all they give you for instructions! And when calling them directly for information etc... I kept getting the guy (Correll SP?) that was only really familiar with Supra's. So while I can do it NOW with out a ton of trouble. Durring was a PITA as they don't really have enought technical support for all the vehicles. So it was a huge learning process for me and my friend Gary that helped me with the whole install. I'm better for it knowledge wise, but they should give you instructions like that come with the Holley Dominator or something. Hell even BS3 came with a huge manual. Now with that said once I was past the install its been GREAT! I would deffinately not put Pro EFI down as a DIY project for 90% of the ppl. Of course looking at what D3 charges to for it and the complete install etc... Makes that route seem a whole lot more reasonable after having done it especially when the tune is included. Tuning process for all the features took a complete day and then some. Got there Monday 8AM and left Tuesday at 3 AM LOL!

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody running an AEM Infinity -8 on their C6?

Old 01-17-2015, 10:34 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

My friend Adam worked at Proefi for years. Proefi is local, yet like you said, support is lacking. If haltech gets good traction control working, I'll do that, until then i'll just keep using stock ECU and working on traction.

I would consider AEM if they had a plug and play. Had an orignal Gen I aem standalone on my Talon and it was great. I'm sure they have come light years in the past 12 years.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:05 PM
harveyjl
Pro

My friend Adam worked at Proefi for years. Proefi is local, yet like you said, support is lacking. If haltech gets good traction control working, I'll do that, until then i'll just keep using stock ECU and working on traction.

I would consider AEM if they had a plug and play. Had an orignal Gen I aem standalone on my Talon and it was great. I'm sure they have come light years in the past 12 years.
AEM doesnt have a plug and play but Boomslang makes a harness for the AEM that connects to all the factory plugs and works, the only issue now is that since the factory computer cant see the throttle position so the DIC will pop up and show reduced engine speed, but since it cant see the throttle body it does not do anything to the car. AEM and boom slang are working to get that problem resolved.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:36 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

subscribed,
happy to see we have more aftermarket EMS options to work with factory stuff!

Holley dominator (just saw Fran@RPM thread!)
haltech elite (plug & play for e38)
proefi (plug & play for e38)
AEM infinity

Quick Reply: Anybody running an AEM Infinity -8 on their C6?