C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrouck E-Force

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 12:28 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Edelbrouck E-Force

Is this a worthy blower for power? I would 1000% know for sure I'd ditch their tune and do my own custom tune.

A friend (and forum member) here I know is looking to give it to me for pretty cheap price. Debating it. I originally was going to do a TT kit or the Novi 1500 but at the price I'm getting at it's stupid not to.

Pros/cons of this blower versus the others?

My car is what's in sig (LS3 / 6spd manual / non-Z51)

EDIT: Offering me all parts for $3500. Good deal?

Last edited by Nosferatu; 08-15-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:18 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 395 Likes on 360 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Depends the kind of power you are looking for. Be honest with yourself about it because if it isn't what you want, it will cost you more to change in the long run.

There are many threads debating the different blowers pros and cons.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Depends the kind of power you are looking for. Be honest with yourself about it because if it isn't what you want, it will cost you more to change in the long run.

There are many threads debating the different blowers pros and cons.
yeah after I posted this I started snooping around again. I saw you and your PD bashing friend go back and forth in a few of them.

I've ridden in my buddy's Novi 1500 Camaro and also the Vette that has this Edelbrock in it. Both felt pretty quick, although the Vette feels quicker, likely secondary to the weight differences.

Originally I was looking at going TT and hitting that 600-650rwhp. Then I got to thinking that I'm pushing the limits of the drivetrain and putting more strain on the motor. Also, I'm concerned about putting power to the ground. As a street driven car, anything really over even a bolt-on LS3 is straining to gain traction. With that said, at $3500, would you say going Edelbrock and getting around 550rwhp with a good tune and fuel supporting mods a good idea? A Novi 1500, or equivalent, would likely cost more. Twin Turbo...north of $6000 easily.

I'm in Florida so humidity is a big thing (along with hot weather).
Old 08-15-2014, 01:23 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Average deal. Seen 2 of them for sale locally at that asking price. Probably sold for less. That is the way to buy them though. Both owners were not happy with the power they made and upgraded to other setups. If you don't want crazy power they can be fine, just make sure it meets your goals.

I personally wouldn't buy one, even for that price.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:24 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
yeah after I posted this I started snooping around again. I saw you and your PD bashing friend go back and forth in a few of them.

I've ridden in my buddy's Novi 1500 Camaro and also the Vette that has this Edelbrock in it. Both felt pretty quick, although the Vette feels quicker, likely secondary to the weight differences.

Originally I was looking at going TT and hitting that 600-650rwhp. Then I got to thinking that I'm pushing the limits of the drivetrain and putting more strain on the motor. Also, I'm concerned about putting power to the ground. As a street driven car, anything really over even a bolt-on LS3 is straining to gain traction. With that said, at $3500, would you say going Edelbrock and getting around 550rwhp with a good tune and fuel supporting mods a good idea?

I'm in Florida so humidity is a big thing (along with hot weather).
I would say its a great idea... although many would argue with me.
I drove my car with that similar setup for a few summers, and loved it.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:42 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

You are really going to have to weigh the information ( facts not opinions ) and make your own decision.

When you ask these things on forums, its always the same outcome. Those who have one and like it will tell you to do it, and those that have never had one, or had one for the wrong reasons, will tell you not to. That doesn't only apply to the eforce, it applies to many things asked about on forums.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:37 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
You are really going to have to weigh the information ( facts not opinions ) and make your own decision.

When you ask these things on forums, its always the same outcome. Those who have one and like it will tell you to do it, and those that have never had one, or had one for the wrong reasons, will tell you not to. That doesn't only apply to the eforce, it applies to many things asked about on forums.

Unless you plan to cook your breakfast on that Griddle...errr...supercharger...

I would go with a ECS or A&A centri system if you actually wan to make any real power, go fast, and have room for expansion.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:09 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by breecher_7

I would go with a ECS or A&A centri system if you actually wan to make any real power, go fast, and have room for expansion.

Resident PD blower basher has given you all the info you need.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:31 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,343 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by breecher_7

You're just jealous because you don't have that nice flat area on which to cook. Put an egg on your blower and it would slide off. Although, if you could keep that egg on there, it would cook just the same
Old 08-15-2014, 04:15 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

For $3500 if you are doing the labor yourself, why the hell not. Worst case sell it for around that in a year when you want more. They seem to move at that price.

Now if it was $6500-7500, hell no but finding them used for $3500 is pretty easy.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

okay so not a great deal...

Good to know.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:29 PM
BobST1100
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is this a worthy blower for power? I would 1000% know for sure I'd ditch their tune and do my own custom tune.

A friend (and forum member) here I know is looking to give it to me for pretty cheap price. Debating it. I originally was going to do a TT kit or the Novi 1500 but at the price I'm getting at it's stupid not to.

Pros/cons of this blower versus the others?

My car is what's in sig (LS3 / 6spd manual / non-Z51)

EDIT: Offering me all parts for $3500. Good deal?
I don't think you'll be disappointed. I wasn't! ~ but your expectations on what increased horsepower does to acceleration and times has to be realistic. I just had the Stage 1 Edelbrock installed in my '06 non-Z51. Per the dyno's graph, it's now putting out 449 HP to the rear wheels with the stock tune. The performance is noticeably better and the flat spots I noticed are gone. Also when driven 'gently' the Highway gas mileage has actually improved. Doing the work yourself is a good idea because you'll be able to a better job of routing wiring, hoses and any tubing. I'm still refining the installation. BTW, the blower isn't light so a 2nd pair of hands is suggested.

$3,500 for the parts is pretty damn good price. Summit Racing is asking $6999. for the Stage 1 (Part #:1593).

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:51 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

anyone track (1/4mi) a setup with one of these blowers? I'm curious what MPH you can get out of this. I'm a bit disappointed reading they make only around 500-520rwhp. I mean just a cam on my setup puts me likely around 485rwhp. Why do these blowers not put much out? I'm starting to lean against it and think Novi 1500 if I go blower.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:27 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

anyone track (1/4mi) a setup with one of these blowers? I'm curious what MPH you can get out of this. I'm a bit disappointed reading they make only around 500-520rwhp. I mean just a cam on my setup puts me likely around 485rwhp. Why do these blowers not put much out? I'm starting to lean against it and think Novi 1500 if I go blower.
Time will obviously vary a lot with mods, tires, track and driver differences.

I can tell you that with just the eforce and 3.42 gears(LS2 car), I was running around 11.2 at 124 mph. This on a poor track with 60 fts around 1.80 to 1.90.

After adding a smaller pulley, some better heads that I threw on, and drag radials, my best was a 10.42 @ 135. This with stock cam and converter. Again, not a great track but 60 ft of 1.60.
If it is times you are after, there are probably better options, but a totally reliable daily driver that ran around 40 runs between 10.40 and 10.8 and drove home from the track every time was what I was after.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:35 PM
M M Alexander
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by BobST1100
. I just had the Stage 1 Edelbrock installed in my '06 non-Z51 ... it's now putting out 449 HP to the rear wheels!
Was this through an Automatic???
I did those numbers with a cam, LT's, UDP in my GTO 7 years back.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:40 PM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Offering me all parts for $3500. Good deal?
I had an E-Force on my C6 Coupe (A6 trans).
It's a nice setup for the street.
For $3,500 I'd jump on it. If I had to pay $8-10K I would pass.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:49 AM
BobST1100
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M M Alexander
Was this through an Automatic???
I did those numbers with a cam, LT's, UDP in my GTO 7 years back.
Those numbers are with a stock motor, exhaust and the stock Edelbrock tune. Mines a manual trans.

I like that until you get on it, it feels and drives like stock ~ a nice smooth idle. When used around town, you don't know you have a blower.
Also the power and torque has increased throughout the rpm range. So has my highway mileage.

Last edited by BobST1100; 08-23-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrouck E-Force

Old 08-25-2014, 04:13 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Got it down to $3,000 for the parts. I am likely going to ****** it up and get it installed. Comes with a smaller pulley. Car it's coming off of made 580rwhp/611rwtq. We have similar modifications otherwise. Drove it over the weekend...considerable difference from my car in terms of power. Normal driving it felt the same.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:28 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,507 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Yes, this has been beat to death here, but I'll try to say quick. I've had mine on for approx 50,000 miles. It has had 0 issues. The biggest argument you will get here against them is the "heat soak issue". I don't think it's that bad, but since you are in the sunshine state let's admit the 1st thing up front you will have if you DON"T go with an Eforce and that is you will have this huge intercooler IN FRONT of your rad/a/c condenser. Many have had over heating problems in hot weather with their a/c on and using it as a daily driver. I agree with you 100% about the power level you're wanting to achieve. My car has 80,000 miles on it and has not had anything fail. My last dyno session the operator was having issues with their dyno. It only showed like 569 hp and just wasn't working the way he knew it should. I get more use from et/time slips than I put into dyno numbers. After all you don't race dynos. I know the car show/cruise in guys that never run their cars at the track are all happy to brag on dyno numbers. At the track all the BS stops at the end of the run. I run mine pretty much once a week at the drag strip. It runs very consistent low 7's 1/8th mile @103mph and in really good air sub 7's. It went 11.20 @ 130 mph in 96 degree weather at Zmax on the 1st day of the Hot Rod Power Tour this past June on a ZERO prepped track. I really wanted my 10sec slip, but it wasn't to be there that day. It's kinda hard to find a quarter mile track that will let you run under the roll bar rule. You also bring up a very valid point about hooking it up. On REAL street tires you won't be able to go full throttle without it spinning violently. I pretty much keep my drag radials on from March to Dec and just use my rear Michelins for winter or drives over 250 miles on a trip. Hope that helps you. Feel free to contact me if you would like any more info. I'm a gear head 24/7 365. I eat, sleep and breathe it and I've been drag racing for 36 years. Don't know it all by any means, but am happy to share what facts I do know. Realcanuk has lots of experience with Eforce as well. You would be wise to get his advice as well. Good luck and let us know what you do.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:21 AM
THE BLADE
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
Yes, this has been beat to death here, but I'll try to say quick. I've had mine on for approx 50,000 miles. It has had 0 issues. The biggest argument you will get here against them is the "heat soak issue". I don't think it's that bad, but since you are in the sunshine state let's admit the 1st thing up front you will have if you DON"T go with an Eforce and that is you will have this huge intercooler IN FRONT of your rad/a/c condenser. Many have had over heating problems in hot weather with their a/c on and using it as a daily driver. I agree with you 100% about the power level you're wanting to achieve. My car has 80,000 miles on it and has not had anything fail. My last dyno session the operator was having issues with their dyno. It only showed like 569 hp and just wasn't working the way he knew it should. I get more use from et/time slips than I put into dyno numbers. After all you don't race dynos. I know the car show/cruise in guys that never run their cars at the track are all happy to brag on dyno numbers. At the track all the BS stops at the end of the run. I run mine pretty much once a week at the drag strip. It runs very consistent low 7's 1/8th mile @103mph and in really good air sub 7's. It went 11.20 @ 130 mph in 96 degree weather at Zmax on the 1st day of the Hot Rod Power Tour this past June on a ZERO prepped track. I really wanted my 10sec slip, but it wasn't to be there that day. It's kinda hard to find a quarter mile track that will let you run under the roll bar rule. You also bring up a very valid point about hooking it up. On REAL street tires you won't be able to go full throttle without it spinning violently. I pretty much keep my drag radials on from March to Dec and just use my rear Michelins for winter or drives over 250 miles on a trip. Hope that helps you. Feel free to contact me if you would like any more info. I'm a gear head 24/7 365. I eat, sleep and breathe it and I've been drag racing for 36 years. Don't know it all by any means, but am happy to share what facts I do know. Realcanuk has lots of experience with Eforce as well. You would be wise to get his advice as well. Good luck and let us know what you do.
Thomasmoto,

What all has been done to your car, E-Force only?

Quick Reply: Edelbrouck E-Force