C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel pump question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 12:55 PM
2005 big body
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump question

I recently got my nitrous kit installed and my stock fuel pump cant keep up. I am losing fuel pressure. I was wondering what you guys did to upgrade your pump. I have a c6 z06 now. I am not looking to get crazy. I want to be around 750rwhp. any suggestions? I thought about a BAP but would rather do something a little safer and better.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:22 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

BAP + wideband is plenty safe
Old 08-01-2014, 12:49 PM
croatbob
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

i ran a bap at 755 no drama for a few years. it will be for sale next week when i pick up my car and left over parts
Old 08-01-2014, 04:29 PM
camONLYls1
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OP,

Use a fuel pressure check valve to ground the low power side of the Nitrous relay. With the check valve, you won't have to worry about the BAP failing. If it does and fuel pressure drops the nitrous will shut down.

I understand you're using the stock fuel rails still, so you have two "easy" options for the fuel check valve location. Either take out the short braided factory fuel line from the hard lines to the rails and replace it with a combination of AN fittings + braid lines with the check valve. Or take out the shrader valve at the end of the driver side fuel rail and use an AN fitting to attach the check valve there.

Sorry for the sloppy post typing this on my iPhone..

-Shane

Get notified of new replies

To fuel pump question

Quick Reply: fuel pump question