C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil LEAKING out exhaust....08 STS Twin turbo

Old 07-22-2014, 04:26 AM
Leeman1
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Oil LEAKING out exhaust....08 STS Twin turbo

Ok guys, having an issue with my STS turbo set up.. Rear mount, 4k miles on system, 9300 miles on car, oil is pouring out only the passenger side. I have checked the check valve, it does completely shut off. I have checked the oil pump for that side and it appears to be sending the same amount back to the front as the drivers side. The oil comes POURING out at all times while running, idle and throttle. The only thing I haven't checked is trying to swap the oil pumps to see if it will cause the other side to leak. Im positive its not the check valve, it shuts off exactly as it should when I tested it. If it were a bad turbo, I believe it would just smoke under boost, not pour out during idel.... So im thinking oil pump is maybe still sending, but going bad or getting weak? Just trying to get opinions... I have contacted STS, they were great help, sent me a great trouble shooting sheet....but everything pretty much led me to believe it has to be the oil pump, without really hard evidence...anyone went through this before, would be great to make sure its the pump before I spend $ to replace it or maybe both of them??
Old 07-22-2014, 08:55 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Oil return issue. Replace the pump. At the same time, take that turbo off and clean it out or it will smoke/etc for a long time.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:11 PM
navy-et
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a turbo seal to me . but if the scavenge pump is not returning the oil it will smoke. the turbo should only see about 7 psi on the high side
Old 08-02-2014, 10:51 PM
c5wolf
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 61 Posts

Wrong lol
Needs more than 7 lbs of oil pressure lol
Get a turbowerx oil pump
Old 11-14-2015, 08:11 PM
Paratrooper307
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by c5wolf
Wrong lol
Needs more than 7 lbs of oil pressure lol
Get a turbowerx oil pump
Yep. When I got my STS kit the first thing I did was order the Turbowerx pump. Consider it 400 well spent for peace of mind.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:36 AM
Dude_man
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 75 Posts

Add a check valve on the feed, one after the pump and get a turbo werx pump like stated.

Get notified of new replies

To Oil LEAKING out exhaust....08 STS Twin turbo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oil LEAKING out exhaust....08 STS Twin turbo