C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

procharged c6z issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 11:47 PM
ProEFI
Supremacy 1 car at a time
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joe11204
The 9:1 is not optimal but will offer a bigger tuning window.
I'll go 10:1 from what I read from the guys up here.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:06 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by baro0k@eXtermination
I'll go 10:1 from what I read from the guys up here.
I wouldn't do 10:1

I would probably stick around 9.5 if it was me!
Old 07-30-2014, 01:17 AM
ProEFI
Supremacy 1 car at a time
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
I wouldn't do 10:1

I would probably stick around 9.5 if it was me!
I was thinking of 9.5 cause it's seams much safer with the more boost + nitrous I'm going to run but the guys here keep saying it will be too much for maxing out the D1.

btw I still looking for the prices you didn't send buddy :yes nod:

best,
Mubarak.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:43 AM
Chance42
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by baro0k@eXtermination

I was thinking of 9.5 cause it's seams much safer with the more boost + nitrous I'm going to run but the guys here keep saying it will be too much for maxing out the D1.

btw I still looking for the prices you didn't send buddy :yes nod:

best,
Mubarak.
In the end it's all about cylinder pressure and usable power made. Whether you make 1000 hp by nitrous plus 18 lbs of boost on 9.5:1 scr or 10.1:1 and 15 lbs of boost and nitrous.Those numbers are just for arguments sake. The 10:1 scr car will have better street manners and most likely better fuel mileage if that matters. Compression adds heat and pressure, but so does boost, nitrous cools the temps but adds pressure. It's all a game of what you want out of the car. Do you want a race car that can be "driven on the street" or do you want a street car that can be raced? Lower cr and higher boost will maybe net you a little more hp in the end but the d1 isn't the head unit to shoot for with low static compression ratio. You'll max the head unit before the motor gives, with a proper tune anyways.

I used to think that way when I was going for a ysi build. I wanted 9.5:1. I opened my eyes to modern projects, fuel, and tuning capabilities and I would go 9.8:1 at the lowest unless I was running a large turbo setup or a f3, crazy race car stuff. 10:1 is perfect for 95% of blown street cars imo.
The following users liked this post:
David Bruns (12-15-2020)
Old 12-15-2020, 12:31 AM
David Bruns
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chance42
In the end it's all about cylinder pressure and usable power made. Whether you make 1000 hp by nitrous plus 18 lbs of boost on 9.5:1 scr or 10.1:1 and 15 lbs of boost and nitrous.Those numbers are just for arguments sake. The 10:1 scr car will have better street manners and most likely better fuel mileage if that matters. Compression adds heat and pressure, but so does boost, nitrous cools the temps but adds pressure. It's all a game of what you want out of the car. Do you want a race car that can be "driven on the street" or do you want a street car that can be raced? Lower cr and higher boost will maybe net you a little more hp in the end but the d1 isn't the head unit to shoot for with low static compression ratio. You'll max the head unit before the motor gives, with a proper tune anyways.

I used to think that way when I was going for a ysi build. I wanted 9.5:1. I opened my eyes to modern projects, fuel, and tuning capabilities and I would go 9.8:1 at the lowest unless I was running a large turbo setup or a f3, crazy race car stuff. 10:1 is perfect for 95% of blown street cars imo.

10.5:1. Going F1X on a lsx 427 from Modern Airflow Dynamics, BR7 Brodix heads

Quick Reply: procharged c6z issues