C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPP TT Z06 Kit, Looking for some feedback.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 10:56 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Default UPP TT Z06 Kit, Looking for some feedback.

So most of you know we're getting really close to releasing our TT top mount kit for the C6 Z06/GS, and we're in the final stages now, and I'm trying to account for everything that's going into the kit so we can develop a definitive cost. But there's just a few cosmetic issues that I'd like to work out first, and get some feedback from the community.

Namely the coil covers.
Currently: (1) they're slated to be made from aluminum, left in a raw brushed form, and tagged with our TT logo in a black/dark color.

or (2) we can make them out of steel, and have them powder-coated black, which would match the front vanity cover over the IC (unlike shown in pic), and tag them with a silver TT logo.

or (3) we can keep them aluminum, waterjet out our TT logo and add a black powder-coated back drop to give it more of a 3D look.

Then the radiator coolant tank is scheduled to be aluminum, we can coat this black as well or leave in raw/brushed form.

Thoughts?
And if we could please keep this on topic, I'm looking to finish this up here soon, not get into why we did xyz.
Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2014, 12:11 AM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the raw look of the motor itself and/or the way Katech raised them up. Those Top mounts look sick and speak for themselves haha

Rad cover looks clean
Old 07-21-2014, 12:51 AM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by XCELER8
I like the raw look of the motor itself and/or the way Katech raised them up. Those Top mounts look sick and speak for themselves haha

Rad cover looks clean
Unfortunately the Ktech coil location wouldn't work, nor would the plug wire routing. Plus these also hide the coil/injector wiring and act as a heat shield for the whole lot.

CK
Old 07-21-2014, 10:05 AM
croatbob
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

i dont like the cover. personally id hide it not may it stand out with an alloy finish. make it black. i love the fact the turbos are top mount not under the car. u wanna see that ****!
Old 07-21-2014, 10:27 AM
undertheradar
Advanced

I would go powder coated black with water-jetted logo with brushed background to match the front shroud (aluminum/ steel doesn't matter) , powder coated black aluminum reservoir.. my personal opinion would be to also extend the vanity covers to cover the whole valve cover.. the way it is I would need to polish or have the valve covers painted to blend more.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:53 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

I like it raw aluminum. You should leave them as is and charge an extra depending on the finish.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:37 PM
blf0005
Racer

I love it! It looks like a custom made setup instead of an off the shelf kit!

But, I'm sure some like the shiny black look so you may offer that as an option.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:31 AM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Black it is......

Old 07-25-2014, 02:10 AM
ProEFI
Supremacy 1 car at a time
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
Black it is......

that thing is just a beast, I would love to know how much it will cost and what is the power is accepted from that vette?!

Get notified of new replies

To UPP TT Z06 Kit, Looking for some feedback.

Quick Reply: UPP TT Z06 Kit, Looking for some feedback.