C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New clutch installed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 01:57 PM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 132 Posts

Default New clutch installed!

So, 2 weeks ago, my slave blew and left me stranded by the side of the road. I ordered a Mantic 9000 from ECS and it arrived last week. We pulled the drivetrain and had to change the RMS as well, which was pissing oil badly.

I looked at the stock clutch with 37k miles on it and it was perfect, but the slave was beyond gone. Was quite surprised to see that clutch in such great shape with 950 RWHP on it, but I guess it's tougher than I thought. I have no idea why the slave blew like it did.

We swapped it all out with the new clutch/ slave / ultralight flywheel etc...and all's good now, but it drives like **** under light load in the lower gears. Not really pleasant, unless you put your foot into it. That flywheel changes everything, some for the better - and some for the worse.

I guess it's gonna take some seat time to get used to how it drives now. Clutch has the same feel as stock, but the flywheel is anything but.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:26 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by FastestBusaAround
So, 2 weeks ago, my slave blew and left me stranded by the side of the road. I ordered a Mantic 9000 from ECS and it arrived last week. We pulled the drivetrain and had to change the RMS as well, which was pissing oil badly.

I looked at the stock clutch with 37k miles on it and it was perfect, but the slave was beyond gone. Was quite surprised to see that clutch in such great shape with 950 RWHP on it, but I guess it's tougher than I thought. I have no idea why the slave blew like it did.

We swapped it all out with the new clutch/ slave / ultralight flywheel etc...and all's good now, but it drives like **** under light load in the lower gears. Not really pleasant, unless you put your foot into it. That flywheel changes everything, some for the better - and some for the worse.

I guess it's gonna take some seat time to get used to how it drives now. Clutch has the same feel as stock, but the flywheel is anything but.
Glad you like the pedal feel, as far as the light load situation goes you can take care of that in the tune file. PM me if you would like me to elaborate on that.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

You removed around 20lbs of reciprocating mass from the engine so you'll need to account for that. A few tuning tweaks will iron that out and a few net horsepower as a fringe benefit.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:28 PM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Yup, I'm heading there next week to address that...I believe it's the table that controls the defueling that I need to modify. I'm going to let it run on longer so fuel doesn't cut as quickly...
Old 06-07-2014, 07:15 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

My car didn't even really idle when I put the mantic.

Just a tune change and it drove like before.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:43 AM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Glad you like the pedal feel, as far as the light load situation goes you can take care of that in the tune file. PM me if you would like me to elaborate on that.
I did PM you Doug, last week, and as well left you a voice message yesterday, but am yet to receive a call or PM back. Since you don't answer my PM's and phone calls, I will post here instead. This lack of communications is the same issue I had when I purchased the product from you, and wasn't able to get an answer or a tracking number from Chris regarding delivery, despite promises to do so, without a call back to me until I called your suppliers myself. ECS customer service is less than impressive to me. I will shop elsewhere in the future and would recommend the same to others.

Last edited by FastestBusaAround; 06-10-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:33 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,507 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I've talked to a guy that put a Mantic in his Z06 and sold the car he was so unhappy with it. I don't know why he didn't just take it out.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:36 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by FastestBusaAround
I did PM you Doug, last week, and as well left you a voice message yesterday, but am yet to receive a call or PM back. Since you don't answer my PM's and phone calls, I will post here instead. This lack of communications is the same issue I had when I purchased the product from you, and wasn't able to get an answer or a tracking number from Chris regarding delivery, despite promises to do so, without a call back to me until I called your suppliers myself. ECS customer service is less than impressive to me. I will shop elsewhere in the future and would recommend the same to others.

Sorry I tune all day, however, you can take care of your own tuning issues now. I was merely trying to help you with something that does not pertain to me otherwise..

Last edited by DOUG @ ECS; 06-10-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:38 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
I've talked to a guy that put a Mantic in his Z06 and sold the car he was so unhappy with it. I don't know why he didn't just take it out.
Definitely more to that story, that's just ridiculous.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

lol definitely.

Anyone who thinks the mantic might cause issue or isn't good for a daily.

Is welcome to come check out my car, one of the clutches I have ever used..

Hard to believe they hold serious power with as civil as they drive.

But people put then through hell.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:56 AM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Sorry I tune all day, however, you can take care of your own tuning issues now. I was merely trying to help you with something that does not pertain to me otherwise..
That's very nice, coming from the representative of the company where I bought the actual product from.

Yes, I will tune it myself, but thanks so much for your valued input Doug.

Yet another reason as to why I won't ever buy from ECS again. You were one of two issues I have with ESC's customer service, as I stated above.

Next time, when you tell someone to PM you, you should let them know you don't answer PM's unless they post about your lack of / or poor response on the boards in public.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:32 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Doug,

I am commenting here because I suggested to Steve he call you guys for a clutch and told him ECS has the best service of anyone.

As I mentioned in my thread I made on the ECS fuel system I just bought from you, I had a similar service issue. Its a shame as I had the best service ever from ECS in the past every time I bought something or needed advice, and I was recommending you to anyone who asked for a good source. Seems things have slipped recently and it might be in your best interest to work on improving things.

I do understand that it is the busy season in your industry, but that is not an excuse and does not help a customer who is stuck like I was.

Jody
Old 06-10-2014, 12:35 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Doug,

I am commenting here because I suggested to Steve he call you guys for a clutch and told him ECS has the best service of anyone.

As I mentioned in my thread I made on the ECS fuel system I just bought from you, I had a similar service issue. Its a shame as I had the best service ever from ECS in the past every time I bought something or needed advice, and I was recommending you to anyone who asked for a good source. Seems things have slipped recently and it might be in your best interest to work on improving things.

I do understand that it is the busy season in your industry, but that is not an excuse and does not help a customer who is stuck like I was.

Jody

I gave him the advice needed, I was just making a point here. I offered free advice last week and was away for the weekend, I guess you just cant give free advice away fast enough sometimes.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:41 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

I gave him the advice needed, I was just making a point here. I offered free advice last week and was away for the weekend, I guess you just cant give free advice away fast enough sometimes.
Wow.. really.

Its not a pissing contest. I was giving constructive criticism. If you have time to answer these posts within 2 minutes, then you should have time to call someone back when you say you will.

Anyways, I managed to find what I needed when you didn't help me, but some other might not and that's a shame.

Carry on answering forum posts, the clients who spent money can wait.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:03 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Wow.. really.

Its not a pissing contest. I was giving constructive criticism. If you have time to answer these posts within 2 minutes, then you should have time to call someone back when you say you will.

Anyways, I managed to find what I needed when you didn't help me, but some other might not and that's a shame.

Carry on answering forum posts, the clients who spent money can wait.

I'm on here answering PM's and forum questions to the best of my ability, I'm sorry if that did not meet your expectations, I can assure you I sincerely try too. Possibly we are not the shop for your needs, and I am truly sorry about that, best of luck to you in the future.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:12 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

I'm on here answering PM's and forum questions to the best of my ability, I'm sorry if that did not meet your expectations, I can assure you I sincerely try too. Possibly we are not the shop for your needs, and I am truly sorry about that, best of luck to you in the future.
My expectations were as low as one could have. Simply put, I was missing a part from the kit you sold me. You answered the phone when I called, took my number and the info, and told me (while I stood with my car in pieces I will add), that you would figure the best solution to get me the piece quickly, and call me back in a few minutes. A week later, I am still waiting for that call.

I am sorry too, but possibly you are right.

No need to respond as I am done with this.

Have a great day.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Never had an issue with ECS. Chris/Alex/Doug always answer in a reasonable time frame.

Get notified of new replies

To New clutch installed!

Old 06-10-2014, 01:33 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Unreal
Never had an issue with ECS. Chris/Alex/Doug always answer in a reasonable time frame.
Would have agreed 100% with you on that until this time. Spent many thousands there last year and service was impeccable, which is why I have always highly recommended them to all my friends.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:34 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Has anyone ever noticed that many of the main vendors that used to be all over these boards have basically disappeared and never post anymore? Well we all talk and I can assure you this is why.

You cant even try and help someone without getting slammed.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:45 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Has anyone ever noticed that many of the main vendors that used to be all over these boards have basically disappeared and never post anymore? Well we all talk and I can assure you this is why.

You cant even try and help someone without getting slammed.
I cant believe I am answering again, but I feel the need.

Guess the "customer is right" theory is out the window with you. You didn't try and help me, that's the point. You just left me sitting there, with my car in pieces, missing a piece and really couldn't care less. On top of that, never in any or this with me, or anyone else do you ever say.... "sorry" or " this shouldn't happen" or anything like that. The customers are just all jerks and you are just always in the right.

It is my first and last dealing with you personally.

I will in ECS's defense, say that I never had a bad experience with any of my other dealings, which were with Chris or Alex. They always promptly helped me through any problems I had with things bought from you, and I had a few.

Maybe customer relations is just not your thing. I don't know.

Quick Reply: New clutch installed!