C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to add A piller gages. I have questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 12:08 PM
BAMAGOLFER
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'10-'11

Default Want to add A piller gages. I have questions

OK so right now I have a Hennessey 650 HPE set up on my 2010 GS, I would like to add some gages. I have searched here but no luck.
So what gages? Boost, AFR, Fuel Pressure? I'm thinking Boost & AFR would be best. Any recommendations?
Also where can I get the A piller and gages?

Thanks
Kelly
Old 05-23-2014, 03:48 PM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BAMAGOLFER
OK so right now I have a Hennessey 650 HPE set up on my 2010 GS, I would like to add some gages. I have searched here but no luck.
So what gages? Boost, AFR, Fuel Pressure? I'm thinking Boost & AFR would be best. Any recommendations?
Also where can I get the A piller and gages?

Thanks
Kelly
On my GS I have an autometer dual pillar with a raptor shift light mini, phantom 2 fuel pressure and boost I think it matches the factory gauges perfect and is so clean lookin! If your looking for A/F I forget which company but I've seen a A/F & boost gauge in one so I'd ****** that up and a fuel pressure gauge and you should be set!
Old 05-23-2014, 03:49 PM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

P/m if you have any questions - Eric
Old 05-23-2014, 10:48 PM
BAMAGOLFER
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'10-'11

Thanks Eric.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:02 PM
corvettepower
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glow shift have gauges of all kinds
Old 05-27-2014, 09:14 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

It's AEM that makes the boost/wideband combo. It's programmable to set warnings and trigger a failsafe (if you can figure out how to on a blower car), which is cool, but you can really only read one thing (i.e. boost or AFR) on the gauge at a time. I had one on my '08, and the little perimeter LEDs are almost useless. It's configurable, so I put AFR or lambda on the center display and boost on the perimeter LEDs. If you want an accurate and easily readable boost gauge, then I wouldn't recommend the AEM failsafe gauge.

Now, this is just my personal opinion -- but I think all the off the shelf A-pillar pods are hideous. On my old car, I had Double D Mods make me a custom molded 2-gauge pod using a stock C6 pillar trim. Turned out very nice. I planned to have it and the passenger side wrapped in leather or alcantara, but I never did.

For my GS, I decided to use the DashLogic module to display boost and fuel pressure on my DIC/HUD. You can also use it to display AFR, meaning you can go totally gauge-free if you're after the clean look. I decided to mount an actual wideband gauge using SLP's pod:

http://marylandspeed.com/images/90540A-3.jpg

Looks better and is more low key than the pillar pods. I went with the PLX SM-AFR module and DM6 touch-gauge combo to mount in it.

Lots of options... hope that helps.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:38 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

My setup: DashLogic for boost/fuel, SLP pod with PLX wideband module/gauge...

Old 05-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Dash logic FTW
Old 05-28-2014, 06:39 AM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just did dual pod with Innovate boost / AFR gauges...have no pics yet but soon...
Autometer pod is a little bulky - still works though ...

Last edited by 08C6; 05-28-2014 at 06:42 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:44 AM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Streetk14
My setup: DashLogic for boost/fuel, SLP pod with PLX wideband module/gauge...

Been thinking myself of doing the dashlogic setup as well, I have the same setup as BAMA with a few extra goodies. The dashlogic is good, but then again, you can only look at one setting at a time correct? or can the boost be incorporated onto the stock settings on the digital display? i think that would be a better option if it can be done.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:23 AM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

I like having them on the A pillar because I don't have to take my eyes off the road much besides slightly to the left... Having them in the cluster or that low is kinda dangerous IMO but it does look killer... I like to monitor my fuel pressure to make sure it's steady and boost to make sure I'm not getting belt slip, and meth light and shift light is all on my pillar looks clean to me... I wouldn't want to be going a buck twenty and look down @ my cluster and look up and slam a deer
Old 05-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Dash logic can do ~1-6 things at a time. Just depends on how busy and if you have a HUD or not. Can do 4 on the hud and 2 on the dic, and use the lock switch to cycle between 6 pages. So you could have 6 at a time, and 6 pages of data so 36 total items.

I just use my HUD, so no looking down. Can't get any better than displayed on the windshield.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Dash logic can do ~1-6 things at a time. Just depends on how busy and if you have a HUD or not. Can do 4 on the hud and 2 on the dic, and use the lock switch to cycle between 6 pages. So you could have 6 at a time, and 6 pages of data so 36 total items.

I just use my HUD, so no looking down. Can't get any better than displayed on the windshield.
That sounds awesome! What wideband are you using? Is the NGK AFX the way to go or there are other viable (cheaper) options? Innovate? AEM?

Thanks.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

AEM but any wideband with 0-5V output works. I don't know of any without that.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

AEM but any wideband with 0-5V output works. I don't know of any without that.
I was just watching a video on youtube of the AEM 30-4900 and the failsafe idea would lean me towards it. Pretty cool if you ask me. It would really give some peace of mind knowing that it can help me save my engine if I dont react or notice a problem with fuel or boost right away.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:52 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Dash logic does the same thing (well no output, but unless you are doing wastegates/etc that doesn't matter). It can do visual and audible alarm when parameters are where you don't want. Great thing is you can program anything you want. FP<58 and TPS>80, or AFR>11.5 while RPM>3k and TPS>80. Go crazy making up warnings.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver
Been thinking myself of doing the dashlogic setup as well, I have the same setup as BAMA with a few extra goodies. The dashlogic is good, but then again, you can only look at one setting at a time correct? or can the boost be incorporated onto the stock settings on the digital display? i think that would be a better option if it can be done.
Like Unreal said, if you have a heads up display, you can display a ton of data on it via the DashLogic. You can have probably 6 PIDs present at a time, which is more than enough. I just shot a pic of the boost reading in the DIC, but it could just as easily be in the HUD along with fuel pressure and AFR.

I need to play around with my settings a little to find out what I like best. I might set it up to show oil and coolant temps on the DIC display, with boost and fuel pressure on the HUD. I tried displaying my AFR reading with the Dashlogic before I mounted my gauge, but it sometimes didn't update as quick as I'd like. I decided I'd rather have a real gauge for that.

Get notified of new replies

To Want to add A piller gages. I have questions

Old 05-29-2014, 01:17 AM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1MEANGS
I like having them on the A pillar because I don't have to take my eyes off the road much besides slightly to the left... Having them in the cluster or that low is kinda dangerous IMO but it does look killer... I like to monitor my fuel pressure to make sure it's steady and boost to make sure I'm not getting belt slip, and meth light and shift light is all on my pillar looks clean to me... I wouldn't want to be going a buck twenty and look down @ my cluster and look up and slam a deer
Well I meant to say more if it can be incorporated onto the HUD displays, I wans't clear on that, but that's what I was trying to get across. The HUD on the windshield gives us I think it's 3 different settings, if the dashlogic can somehow tweak the HUD readout to show boost on there as well, i think that would be great.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:19 AM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Nice, this is what I was trying to get at. So dashlogic is able to provide some of that info on your HUD display? That's great and with the right info on the HUD cluster, probably the way to go.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:24 AM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Streetk14
Like Unreal said, if you have a heads up display, you can display a ton of data on it via the DashLogic. You can have probably 6 PIDs present at a time, which is more than enough. I just shot a pic of the boost reading in the DIC, but it could just as easily be in the HUD along with fuel pressure and AFR.

I need to play around with my settings a little to find out what I like best. I might set it up to show oil and coolant temps on the DIC display, with boost and fuel pressure on the HUD. I tried displaying my AFR reading with the Dashlogic before I mounted my gauge, but it sometimes didn't update as quick as I'd like. I decided I'd rather have a real gauge for that.
This has been helpful, I think the dashlogic etup is the way to go for me. Can any of you PM me any info on the dashlogic or URLs? TIA.

Quick Reply: Want to add A piller gages. I have questions