C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMS 207mph at Texas Invitational

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 11:05 AM
ZO6er
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
meeting hector is very exciting.. i know the first time i met him i had to post on facebook " ZOMG MET THE ZO6ER"..

my life was complete
Old 04-25-2014, 02:42 PM
its_slow
Intermediate

If i means anything to you guys, my car went 158mph at the TX2k Roll race event. I have trapped 151mph in thw 1/4 but the car now should be closer to a 155 trap car. Tx the boost was lower.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:19 PM
Proace4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by its_slow
If i means anything to you guys, my car went 158mph at the TX2k Roll race event. I have trapped 151mph in thw 1/4 but the car now should be closer to a 155 trap car. Tx the boost was lower.
Thats awesome man! Exactly what I was hoping for lol. Are you an auto or manual car?
Old 04-25-2014, 05:18 PM
its_slow
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Proace4
Thats awesome man! Exactly what I was hoping for lol. Are you an auto or manual car?
5 Speed manual.

This is my car:

Old 04-26-2014, 08:58 AM
0Speed Syndicate
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Additional videos:

Old 04-26-2014, 10:30 PM
its_slow
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Speed Syndicate
Additional videos:

Anybody else notice that all the fastest trap speeds were set in Qualifying... and nobody went nearly as fast in eliminations as they did in qualifying? Makes me think they might have started early in qualifying.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:50 PM
0Speed Syndicate
Former Vendor

Anybody else notice that all the fastest trap speeds were set in Qualifying... and nobody went nearly as fast in eliminations as they did in qualifying? Makes me think they might have started early in qualifying.
Not interested in getting into an e-fight about it but traps during competition and qualifying will always vary. During competition cars have to be synched up and drivers won't get a green light until they are synched up. The longer it take them to synch the shorter acceleration space they will get. Additionally, during competition we have a 15 minute cool down rule invoked. Cars have to grid up 15 minutes after the last run. As rounds whittle down drivers, heat soak becomes a huge factor and power drops. For those reasons, you will see lower traps in competition than qualifying.

The Hail Mary passes you saw in those videos were with full acceleration spaces and fresh cars. On top of that, Lambos and the AMS car are flagship cars. It's something you have to see in person to believe. They are all making well north of 2,000rwd or awd HP - incredibly fast. We tested with the AMS car at the airfield months ago and it was clicking off 200mph passes on its old setup.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:13 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Not interested in getting into an e-fight about it but traps during competition and qualifying will always vary. During competition cars have to be synched up and drivers won't get a green light until they are synched up. The longer it take them to synch the shorter acceleration space they will get. Additionally, during competition we have a 15 minute cool down rule invoked. Cars have to grid up 15 minutes after the last run. As rounds whittle down drivers, heat soak becomes a huge factor and power drops. For those reasons, you will see lower traps in competition than qualifying.

The Hail Mary passes you saw in those videos were with full acceleration spaces and fresh cars. On top of that, Lambos and the AMS car are flagship cars. It's something you have to see in person to believe. They are all making well north of 2,000rwd or awd HP - incredibly fast. We tested with the AMS car at the airfield months ago and it was clicking off 200mph passes on its old setup.

looking at the trap speeds. the diff between a "hail mary" and "normal synced run " seemed to be 3-5 mph.. so even if the cars running 207-213" lost 3-5 mphs.. its not like that means the cars running 170 would suddenly be a good race for them. Not worth arguing.. some one will always complain.

the Ti TSS event is the best around bar NONE. that is why people make the trip from North cali, Canada, NJ/NY to run there..
Old 04-27-2014, 01:30 PM
Flash20
Pro

Originally Posted by Milan
What did flash run?
Did 2 back to back hits of 170 mph on wastegate (18 psi). Will be better prepared next time.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:46 PM
its_slow
Intermediate

Yes i know they vary. I was just asking because i was under the impression that in eliminations you line up together and cross the 3 Green flags neck and neck and go at the tree? I just see most of the cars in the videos in qualifying going way before the tree.

My customer Ausin Oakes went 187.xx in his GTR, kept saying all the fastest cars were jumping the line.. But i wasn't there so i can only say what i was told. the first flags?

Where does the true 1500ft start? From the tree or flags?

Thanks i know what a flagship car is, we tune and drive the ETS GTR

Last edited by its_slow; 04-27-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:06 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

1500ft is the tree. I think 1700 feet is the start of the pacing zone. Speed is self regulated so maybe a few cars went into the pacing zone a little over 60mph and got an early light on a solo pass and were able to maximize a qualifying or testing run. Either way the true racing is side by side.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:42 AM
ZO6er
Burning Brakes

Yes i know they vary. I was just asking because i was under the impression that in eliminations you line up together and cross the 3 Green flags neck and neck and go at the tree? I just see most of the cars in the videos in qualifying going way before the tree.

My customer Ausin Oakes went 187.xx in his GTR, kept saying all the fastest cars were jumping the line.. But i wasn't there so i can only say what i was told. the first flags?

You should come down with your boy Austin next time and see and how it runs. This is as plain and simple way....
Line up before "green zone" pacing default is at 60mph. cars have to be paired once they're in the green zone to get a green light, if not they get red lit. then they run down to the finish. Once drivers understand to pace with each other and throw the Ego out the window we get great results. Most guys try to anticipate the other driver instead of focusing on the light and pacing. The distance varies but it's close to ~1500ft in the middle of the green zone, this is where most get paired and green lit. The "tree" is another ~150 out from the last flag.

videos are from Friday and Saturday. Friday was a cluster cause most were t&ting still and some drivers didn't show. Saturday it was game day and most still were tnting their cars....very few cars were on point.

Last edited by ZO6er; 04-28-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:39 AM
0Speed Syndicate
Former Vendor

Drivers do not accelerate at the light. Drivers accelerate when light displays a green light. In competition, green lights are only given when drivers are synched up and in the green flag zone. So, there is no "line" to jump. The start point is amorphous within the green flag zone.

When speed indexing, drivers don't have to be synched up because the purpose there is to acheive a logged speed. So, during speed indexing drivers could launch on green and that gives them a full 1,700 feet of acceleration from the first flag.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:47 PM
its_slow
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ZO6er
You should come down with your boy Austin next time and see and how it runs. This is as plain and simple way....
Line up before "green zone" pacing default is at 60mph. cars have to be paired once they're in the green zone to get a green light, if not they get red lit. then they run down to the finish. Once drivers understand to pace with each other and throw the Ego out the window we get great results. Most guys try to anticipate the other driver instead of focusing on the light and pacing. The distance varies but it's close to ~1500ft in the middle of the green zone, this is where most get paired and green lit. The "tree" is another ~150 out from the last flag.

videos are from Friday and Saturday. Friday was a cluster cause most were t&ting still and some drivers didn't show. Saturday it was game day and most still were tnting their cars....very few cars were on point.
My "Boy" Austin was there at TI, took 4th place. He got taken out by Bob Helms in the Semi finals.. I guess you could say he was the last standing GTR?

I was simply asking where the 1500ft starts.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:48 PM
its_slow
Intermediate

When speed indexing, drivers don't have to be synched up because the purpose there is to acheive a logged speed. So, during speed indexing drivers could launch on green and that gives them a full 1,700 feet of acceleration from the first flag.
Perfect, that is all i wanted to know. I think there is a little misconception on these cars going as fast as they are in "1500" feet. Yes they are ****ing flying, but not quite in 1500ft..

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:09 AM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

Received 176 Likes on 138 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C5 of Year Finalist

Perfect, that is all i wanted to know. I think there is a little misconception on these cars going as fast as they are in "1500" feet. Yes they are ****ing flying, but not quite in 1500ft..

Thanks!
The cars are "flying" based on the available distance at the event, but fastest mph is not what determines the winner in this case.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:05 PM
its_slow
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Turbo-Geist
The cars are "flying" based on the available distance at the event, but fastest mph is not what determines the winner in this case.
Correct i agree.

Like my customer, was only trapping high 180's but made it past a lot of cars that were "faster" than him. The Lambos tend to trap higher, but the GTR's "ET" better it seems.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:12 PM
ZO6er
Burning Brakes

My "Boy" Austin was there at TI, took 4th place. He got taken out by Bob Helms in the Semi finals.. I guess you could say he was the last standing GTR?

I was simply asking where the 1500ft starts.

Thanks!
There's plenty that have run over 200 during competing runs and/or grudges. Not use as to why you're still asking about the 1500ft which we all have explained. The layout is simple. I was there and met your "customer" and helped him to understand the way we do it. He caught on quick but to say people were jumping the line that false...there is no "line" whomever gets to the green zone paired gets the light, that can be from 1700ft(which rarely ever ever happens) to 1500ft (last green flag).

I'm not going to argue about the speed but every year at TI, each and every tuner/builder has pushed their limits and has impressed us all everytime. From T1, lethal, DP and even the dreaded UGR. It's all great that they do. Make a point to come down this fall and check it out. There's nothing else like it.

Quick Reply: AMS 207mph at Texas Invitational