C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vengeance Racing - E-Force C6 Grand Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 07:26 PM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Vengeance Racing - E-Force C6 Grand Sport

Some avid forum readers may have noticed that we've been on a C7 kick lately thanks to our 1,000+ HP C7 build and many customer packages, but this doesn't mean we've forgotten about the C6! In fact, we still love the LS C6 platform and will continue to innovate for the platform. This particular install is pretty straightforward, but when a personal friend of Vic Edelbrock wants an E-Force installed and tuned, we jump at the opportunity!

Like every E-Force kit, the fit and finish here was almost perfect. If it didn't say anything on the top of the blower, an average enthusiast would be hard pressed to know anything was even done. Of course, once the hammer falls, the 496rwhp would clue them in...

Results:

Baseline vs. Vengeance Racing

The Edelbrock supercharger and custom tuning by Vengeance PCM added over 100rwhp and 81rwtq to this otherwise unsuspecting (but beautiful!) Grand Sport, with torque coming in instantly and staying above 400 ft-lbs the entire RPM band! Final power numbers were 496rwhp and 477rwtq

Comparing the stock Edelbrock tune to a custom calibration, it should be obvious why we always recommend having a custom tune done. Mike was able to safely extract 24rwhp and 47rwtq at the same boost levels without compromising drivability or longevity. Win win, and you get almost 500rwhp on tap!

We love this color. That is all.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:31 PM
da_vato
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which kit is this?
Old 04-15-2014, 10:08 PM
jnrandall
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Was this the 554 or 599 kit?

Was the Grand Sport an automatic or manual? (edit: ok I don't see the dipstick so its the MN)

Last edited by jnrandall; 04-16-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:55 AM
ProEFI
Supremacy 1 car at a time
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

great job.. actually you need to work back with nitrous so we can chill and bill xD

good job and good luck ..
Old 04-20-2014, 05:39 PM
NASTY VETTE
Racer

Very nice my 09 ls3 auto made 510 rwhp and 518 TQ
Old 04-21-2014, 09:57 AM
jnrandall
Instructor

Originally Posted by NASTY VETTE
Very nice my 09 ls3 auto made 510 rwhp and 518 TQ
Hi,

Which kit? Headers? I just ordered the 599 for my GS with ARH and looking for numbers on similar builds.

Thanks
JR
Old 04-21-2014, 10:26 AM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jnrandall
Was the Grand Sport an automatic or manual? (edit: ok I don't see the dipstick so its the MN)
There is no dipstick for the automatic either. Starting in '08 I believe, the C6 auto no longer came with one.

Easy way to tell an auto or manual GS apart from each other when you can't see the interior and are just looking at the engine bay is the battery. If battery is in the engine compartment it's an auto.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:29 AM
NASTY VETTE
Racer

Hi,

Which kit? Headers? I just ordered the 599 for my GS with ARH and looking for numbers on similar builds.

Thanks
JR
I have the 554kit and installed the 3.5" pulley and a set of LG 1 7/8 cat less headers. I did not use the z06 pump because the factory told me my 09 ls3 had the same fuel pump already.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:18 AM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi,

Thanks
JR
I've got the similar kit, done by hennessey, TVS-2300 core unit, AR long tube headers, akra exhaust, C6 GS Manual about 563~7 rwhp. Like stated on here, the custom tune by people who know this stuff as the guys at vengeance have just shown, you can safely get more out of the edelbrock kit while maintaining the same levels of boost.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:26 AM
jnrandall
Instructor

Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver
I've got the similar kit, done by hennessey, TVS-2300 core unit, AR long tube headers, akra exhaust, C6 GS Manual about 563~7 rwhp. Like stated on here, the custom tune by people who know this stuff as the guys at vengeance have just shown, you can safely get more out of the edelbrock kit while maintaining the same levels of boost.
Thanks for the info! My installation starts today. I'm really excited.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:07 AM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the info! My installation starts today. I'm really excited.
You will be! When you get the car back, make sure to remove the fuse that controls the NPP valves so they are always open. Enjoy the drive home once you take delivery with a smile all the way.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:08 AM
jnrandall
Instructor

You will be! When you get the car back, make sure to remove the fuse that controls the NPP valves so they are always open. Enjoy the drive home once you take delivery with a smile all the way.
Got the NPP control covered with my Dashlogic device. I will have the valves open!

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2014, 07:26 AM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Got the NPP control covered with my Dashlogic device. I will have the valves open!

Thanks!
Make sure to post a review and some numbers, dyno results after.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:29 AM
jnrandall
Instructor

Make sure to post a review and some numbers, dyno results after.
Will do. Picked the car up this past Friday. OMG what a difference. The car is crazy. Pulls like a freight train when I am on it and it drives like stock when I don't. Went to some car shows this weekend and it was a crowd pleaser. Waiting for my tuning appointment now.

Here are some shots. My Dashlogic is working well too. My HUD displays boost parameters!
Attached Images     

Last edited by jnrandall; 05-06-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:28 AM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Very nice. What a difference. That's cool too that mod to show the boost and such, might have to do that myself. Enjoy!!!
Old 05-08-2014, 02:50 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

jnrandall, did you also get the fuel pressure sensor for the dash logic?
Old 05-08-2014, 05:03 PM
jnrandall
Instructor

Originally Posted by pikkashoe
jnrandall, did you also get the fuel pressure sensor for the dash logic?
Yes I did. I got the one that's an option for the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge. I got it after the actual s/c install so it's not connected as yet. Perhaps within the next couple of weeks. I'll report back here when it's in.

Get notified of new replies

To Vengeance Racing - E-Force C6 Grand Sport

Old 05-10-2014, 06:15 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

jnrandall, what a coincidence, that is the same one I am going with.

Seems pretty straightforward the installation. Just curious what is the easiest way to route the fuel pressure sensor wiring from the inside of the car up out to the engine bay.

My ecs goes in on monday. Let me know once you install yours.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:11 PM
jnrandall
Instructor

Originally Posted by pikkashoe
jnrandall, what a coincidence, that is the same one I am going with.

Seems pretty straightforward the installation. Just curious what is the easiest way to route the fuel pressure sensor wiring from the inside of the car up out to the engine bay.

My ecs goes in on monday. Let me know once you install yours.
Will do. It'll definitely happen sometime after my tuning session on Wed. Perhaps next weekend or the following.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by NASTY VETTE
I have the 554kit and installed the 3.5" pulley and a set of LG 1 7/8 cat less headers. I did not use the z06 pump because the factory told me my 09 ls3 had the same fuel pump already.
I'd be careful with that fuel pump info. How was this confirmed? As far as I know, even the later models all got the regular C6 fuel pump. But for probably the last 5 years or so, the Z06 pump was the standard replacement part that GM was selling. So if you were to call a dealer looking for part numbers, they would tell you the C6 and Z06 share the same part number.

My '08 definitely had the standard C6 pump (I swapped it out for a Z06 unit) , and I'm pretty sure my '13 GS has the standard pump too. The Z06 pumps have a tag on the feed line that identifies it as a Z06 pump, and I didn't see it when I was looking at it up on the lift.

Just an FYI....

Quick Reply: Vengeance Racing - E-Force C6 Grand Sport