C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am looking at adding more power but not sure which direction

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Crowhater
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I am looking at adding more power but not sure which direction

I have called a couple forum vendors about supercharges and would like to hear from you guys. If you look at my signiture you can see my list of modification. The current configuration of my engine does not lend its self perfect for force induction because of the 11.5 compression ration, cam selection, and big stall but when it is time to freshen the engine back up I will drop to a low compression set up. What I want most out of a force induction set up is an over the top supercharger scream.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps45b6d359.mp4

Last edited by Crowhater; 04-14-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:07 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Crowhater
I have called a couple forum vendors about supercharges and would like to hear from you guys. If you look at my signiture you can see my list of modification. The current configuration of my engine does not lend its self perfect for force induction because of the 11.5 compression ration, cam selection, and big stall but when it is time to freshen the engine back up I will drop to a low compression set up. What I want most out of a force induction set up is an over the top supercharger scream.
I didn't see too much engine info in your profile, but that 11.5:1 compression and underdrive pulley aren't great for supercharger use. Centrifugal superchargers work well with NA type cams most of the time. What are the specs on the cam?

What kind of "scream" do you want? The centri blowers make a way different sound than a PD blower. Both sound great; just different. Centri's make a whistle or screech at idle and sound like a jet engine when they really start moving air. PD blowers are usually pretty much silent at idle, but make some whine when under boost.

For your car, I'd probably recommend something like a base ECS kit with the 1500 Paxton head unit. With their meth system, you should be able to get away with a reasonable amount of boost until you can get that compression down some. I wouldn't lower it to any less than stock, though. It's a great system with room to grow. You can always upgrade the head unit if you want more power down the road.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Crowhater
Drifting

Originally Posted by Streetk14
I didn't see too much engine info in your profile, but that 11.5:1 compression and underdrive pulley aren't great for supercharger use. Centrifugal superchargers work well with NA type cams most of the time. What are the specs on the cam?

What kind of "scream" do you want? The centri blowers make a way different sound than a PD blower. Both sound great; just different. Centri's make a whistle or screech at idle and sound like a jet engine when they really start moving air. PD blowers are usually pretty much silent at idle, but make some whine when under boost.

For your car, I'd probably recommend something like a base ECS kit with the 1500 Paxton head unit. With their meth system, you should be able to get away with a reasonable amount of boost until you can get that compression down some. I wouldn't lower it to any less than stock, though. It's a great system with room to grow. You can always upgrade the head unit if you want more power down the road.

I would love if I could get a sound like this screaming shop vac.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:54 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Not much sounds like that these days. You could go with an earlier jackshaft style Magnuson TVS2300 and do a cogged rear pulley setup. That'll give you some whine. The newer PD blowers are a lot quieter in general. I had an MP122 blower on an LS1 a few years back that sounded killer, but they aren't all that efficient by today's standards. And I don't think you can buy one for LS3 heads.

Here's my old '67:

Old 04-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Crowhater
Drifting

Ok here is my car specs .
1/8 mile best 6.3 105mph 1.38 60' on pump gas

Cam. Centerline 109, duration 238.4, lift .630 intake
Centerline 117, duration 248, lift .630 exhaust
Lobe sep 113
Valve overlap 16.3

Engine.
ERL M2 427 LS3 short block
LS7 head gaskets
LS7 lifters
LS3 rockers with needle bearing upgrade 1.7
Procomp push rods 740
Diamond pistons
Speed pro rings
Cali rods and crank
Arp bolts and head studs
.660 Brian Tooly valve springs
LSA heads CnC ported and hand polished p/n SD8802-1
216.5 intake valve 160 exhaust
Flow # before hand work
Port volume279 intake and 99 exhaust
.100 70/52
.200 153/118
.300 225/180
.400 280/241
.500 324/217
.600 350/217
.650 358/236

Combustion chamber, exhaust runners and headers coated with Polly dyne 2000* ceramic. American racing headers 1 7/8" primary, 3" collector and 3" X pipe, no cats, 3" electric cut outs
Intake Fast 102
Injectors #60
3800 triple disc Circle D stall
Switched from a 2.7 rear diff to a 3.4
6L80 Trans, alto clutches
Trans / rear diff brace
25% underdrive pulley
Elite raving oil catch can
Haltech cold air intake
Magnaflow mufflers
Pfadt Trans mount and engine mount.
Pfadt coil over drag PAC and sway bars
B&M oil and Trans coolers with fans and therms mounted in the front fenders above the brake vents.
Rear wheels 18x12 with 345/30-18 M/T drag radials
Front wheels 18x10 with 295/35-18 Nitto invo
Old 04-15-2014, 09:28 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Wow.... I really just wanted to see the cam specs. The cam and higher compression are probably better suited for a centri blower. But those sound nothing like a PD blower. I'm guessing you want the sound like my old car that I posted those videos of? A centri won't get you that.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:45 PM
HoustonSVT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps45b6d359.mp4

Sorry if off topic, but what overlays are on your lights? Any problems with them? How long have you had then on? Thanks.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Crowhater
Drifting

Originally Posted by HoustonSVT
Sorry if off topic, but what overlays are on your lights? Any problems with them? How long have you had then on? Thanks.
When I had the car painted after my wreck I had the lights painted with a smoke clear coat. They had 3M tint adhesive wrap on them before and I liked it much better. They are too dark now, at night I drive with my high beams on and no one can even tell.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:52 AM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 132 Posts

With 11.5:1, you won't be able to get too high on boost...I went the other way @ 9.5:1 but was able to go to 16.6 PSI of boost. What type of power are you making now and how much more do you want to go?
Old 04-16-2014, 07:39 AM
HoustonSVT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had the car painted after my wreck I had the lights painted with a smoke clear coat. They had 3M tint adhesive wrap on them before and I liked it much better. They are too dark now, at night I drive with my high beams on and no one can even tell.
wow, ok, thanks for the info...

Get notified of new replies

To I am looking at adding more power but not sure which direction

Quick Reply: I am looking at adding more power but not sure which direction