C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Filter for F1C

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 09:57 PM
jimmyb496
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Air Filter for F1C

I'd like to get a nice air filter and ditch the screen I've been running "temporarily" for 2 years.

Does DP have one for the 4" inlet opening on the F1C? If not, anyone else make a filter/tube setup?

Also would like to do something about my shroud. It's an A&A, which is a nice piece, but there is a 2" gap between the top of my lowered core Ron Davis radiator and the shroud. I have some over heating issues and I suspect that is a contributing factor (among some other minor issues).

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2014, 03:14 PM
jimmyb496
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Pic from DP's website

I took this pic from DP's website. I noted the things I like. Available for F1C? Made to order or produced and stocked to ship?
Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2014, 10:39 AM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 215 Likes on 119 Posts

The Dallas Performance inlet only fits procharger brackets/intercooler and requires significant 'massaging' of the top of the stock radiator. You might be able to fit the pipe with your lower radiator but I'm not sure about the filter/intercooler taking the same space.

Last edited by turbotuner20v; 04-14-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:41 PM
jimmyb496
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by turbotuner20v
The Dallas Performance inlet only fits procharger brackets/intercooler and requires significant 'massaging' of the top of the stock radiator. You might be able to fit the pipe with your lower radiator but I'm not sure about the filter/intercooler taking the same space.

Thanks for the reply. In addition to the cut down radiator, I dropped the radiator support 1-1/4" in the front and 1-3/4" in the rear. Its still a very tight fit to put a 4" pipe over the radiator.

If the DP inlet is designed to fit the OEM Procharger bracket, I have an additional variable. I am using a Cartek bracket. Difficult to tell, but it is possible the Head unit is in a slightly different location.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:57 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 215 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb496
Thanks for the reply. In addition to the cut down radiator, I dropped the radiator support 1-1/4" in the front and 1-3/4" in the rear. Its still a very tight fit to put a 4" pipe over the radiator.

If the DP inlet is designed to fit the OEM Procharger bracket, I have an additional variable. I am using a Cartek bracket. Difficult to tell, but it is possible the Head unit is in a slightly different location.
Yea, and even if you get the pipe on, you need room for the filter, so intercooler design and position come into play.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:44 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Dallas Performance Big mouth kit wont fit with cartek bracket. we ended up making one and used DP filter. not the nicest and this was just on the fly testing and changing, but fits great and works fine. no issues with the hood or anything else.

Edit: sorry this is an F1X. your F1C will probably have some more room

Last edited by walhan_qtr; 04-15-2014 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:51 AM
jimmyb496
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the reply and posting some pics. The F1c has a 4" inlet, the f1x has like a 4-3/4 or 5" inlet depending on which f1x model.
Hopefully will aid my cause with smaller inlet.
Something about the Cartek bracket, maybe it holds the head unit a little lower to provide good clearance for larger head units?

Anyhow, I ordered the DP setup yesterday. We'll see how it goes. At least I'll have a starting point to see what doesn't fit and can modify from there. Also ordered a shroud and a weld in bung for the MAF card.
The car is speed density, but I need to have the MAF hooked up for the emission plug in test. When the state computer sees the MAF fail code, the wont pass me for the inspection.
Thanks again for the pics.

Get notified of new replies

To Air Filter for F1C

Quick Reply: Air Filter for F1C