C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you have a blower...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 06:18 PM
vforrest
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If you have a blower...

My Vette is a toy not my DD and I just went out to kill an hour, pretty typical use for this vehicle, and really intended to just enjoy some nice weather to finally take a ride in.

With this new blower I find that I can't go without picking a couple parts of my scenic ride to giver through 2nd, 3rd & most of 4th just to get that feeling as I'm pushed back in my seat. This SC really digs down low and that torque and HP just come on and it is such an awesome feeling...so easy to get to 130 I really have to pick my spots.

So the question is...does anyone ever go out for a nice day ride with no intentions to be naughty with the boost...but just can't help themselves with all that fun below your right foot?
Old 04-12-2014, 07:13 PM
scottg
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by vforrest
My Vette is a toy not my DD and I just went out to kill an hour, pretty typical use for this vehicle, and really intended to just enjoy some nice weather to finally take a ride in.

With this new blower I find that I can't go without picking a couple parts of my scenic ride to giver through 2nd, 3rd & most of 4th just to get that feeling as I'm pushed back in my seat. This SC really digs down low and that torque and HP just come on and it is such an awesome feeling...so easy to get to 130 I really have to pick my spots.

So the question is...does anyone ever go out for a nice day ride with no intentions to be naughty with the boost...but just can't help themselves with all that fun below your right foot?
The exact same feeling its a nice high and your really have to pick your spots
Old 04-12-2014, 07:18 PM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I just got from one of those rides... Took my blown GS to scoop up a memory card for my Go pro! 3rd gear is pretty useless @ 70 tryna hook up lol
Old 04-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Just do it it hard not to
Old 04-12-2014, 08:19 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MEANGS
I just got from one of those rides... Took my blown GS to scoop up a memory card for my Go pro! 3rd gear is pretty useless @ 70 tryna hook up lol
How much power are you putting down? Are you running run flats? Surprised you can't hook it up by 3rd gear?
Old 04-12-2014, 09:09 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

When I do get the urge to "stretch it's legs" it's usually late at night on lonely insterstate with no one close but only for very short bursts.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:59 AM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by saplumr
When I do get the urge to "stretch it's legs" it's usually late at night on lonely insterstate with no one close but only for very short bursts.
Same here although just the "feel" of the low end torque driving normally is a blast as well.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:05 AM
NSANEC6
Drifting

It's an odd phenomenon. Where I live is very highly patrolled and it's hard to find a good spot to get off the beaten path and open a vehicle up. With the type of power these vehicles put down and the money spent on them it's a real battle to drive conservatively. I don't do drugs, I don't drink and drive, I don't smoke.... So I drive a little fast on most days and some days more than others.... At almost 50 years old I still love the rush. It's my best kind of high..... So sue me for being irresponsible now and then
Old 04-13-2014, 11:40 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,336 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by NSANEC6
It's an odd phenomenon. Where I live is very highly patrolled and it's hard to find a good spot to get off the beaten path and open a vehicle up. With the type of power these vehicles put down and the money spent on them it's a real battle to drive conservatively. I don't do drugs, I don't drink and drive, I don't smoke.... So I drive a little fast on most days and some days more than others.... At almost 50 years old I still love the rush. It's my best kind of high..... So sue me for being irresponsible now and then
As long as you're being irresponsible in a very responsible sort of way, I don't much have a problem with it I'm just a tad older, but have a similar behavior disorder. There's something about a good running vette that can turn a really crappy day into a better one with just a quick squirt through the gears. Perscribed therapy from dr. old motorhead. Try it...it works
Old 04-13-2014, 01:41 PM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

Old 04-13-2014, 03:23 PM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by old motorhead
AThere's something about a good running vette that can turn a really crappy day into a better one with just a quick squirt through the gears. Perscribed therapy from dr. old motorhead. Try it...it works
It really does, lol. You don't even have to break the speed limit in most cases to enjoy this form of therapy.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:22 PM
ATLS2
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

....until you get a ticket for "Exibition Driving" from a cop who did not even see you do it.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:38 PM
NSANEC6
Drifting

Originally Posted by ATLS2
....until you get a ticket for "Exibition Driving" from a cop who did not even see you do it.
Unfortunately it does happen.... Most officers I know are better disciplined than that but you can catch someone having a bad night and get some undeserved attention. Remember police officers are just like you and me they have personal crap going on in their lives too.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,504 Likes on 1,026 Posts

The boost is intoxicating and I am hopelessly addicted :-)

Get notified of new replies

To If you have a blower...

Quick Reply: If you have a blower...