C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock E-Force Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 01:40 PM
C.Diesel
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock E-Force Questions

This is my first post on this site so go easy on me.

I have a 2013 Grand Sport Convertible with the 6sp manual. I am planning to install a Edelbrock supercharger within the next couple of months. However, I have a couple of questions that I am hoping to get answered before that time. I have tried to search the site to find answers but have only been marginally successful.

Will the traction control system still function the same after the install?

Will there be a noticeable difference in performance when I get into the throttle in 5th and 6th gear at highway speeds without downshifting?

Other than the kit from Edelbrock is there anything else that I MUST purchase or do to make it run correctly?

I understand that there will be more power than the tires can cope with in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears. I am more interested in increased power in higher gears, especially 5th and 6th.

Any input on these questions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:00 PM
NASTY VETTE
Racer

Originally Posted by C.Diesel

I have a 2013 Grand Sport Convertible with the 6sp manual. I am planning to install a Edelbrock supercharger within the next couple of months. However, I have a couple of questions that I am hoping to get answered before that time. I have tried to search the site to find answers but have only been marginally successful.

Will there be a noticeable difference in performance when I get into the throttle in 5th and 6th gear at highway speeds without downshifting?

Other than the kit from Edelbrock is there anything else that I MUST purchase or do to make it run correctly?

I understand that there will be more power than the tires can cope with in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears. I am more interested in increased power in higher gears, especially 5th and 6th.

I just had mines installed last week maybe i can answer some of your questions...

Yes the traction control still works.

Yes there will be a very noticeable change in performance.

No, the kit bolts right up and brings everything needed. You can add headers for some extra HP.

and for the last one I guess that all has to do with your gearing and tune.

My 09 LS3 Auto made 510rwhp & 518tq with eforce & lg headers on a mustang dyno.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 04-03-2014, 04:05 PM
DillingerRadio
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by C.Diesel

- Yes.

- Yes.

- No. You'd only need the fuel pump upgrade if you were planning on making 599HP or more. The base model E-Force does not.

- Get some Michelin Pilot Super Sports. They are much better than the stock tires (by miles).

As an aside, you may want to consider an exhaust (Corsa/Borla/B&B/Etc.) and a performance camshaft as complementary upgrades to the new supercharger you're putting in.

Last edited by DillingerRadio; 04-03-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:12 PM
scottg
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 126 Posts

I"ve got the heartbeat from magnuson it pulls all the way to 6th gear, yours will to.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:19 PM
da_vato
Instructor

I've had mine on for about 4 months now. One thing that I recommend right off the batt is a catch can. I was sucking all kinds of oil. Catch can instantly solved that plus help the tuning since I wasn't sucking in anymore oil and started getting reliable data.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:20 AM
DillingerRadio
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by da_vato
I've had mine on for about 4 months now. One thing that I recommend right off the batt is a catch can. I was sucking all kinds of oil. Catch can instantly solved that plus help the tuning since I wasn't sucking in anymore oil and started getting reliable data.
The catch can is a good idea, but only necessary for base model C6's. The GS, Z06 and ZR1 have the dry sump oil system which eliminates this issue.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,507 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by DillingerRadio
The catch can is a good idea, but only necessary for base model C6's. The GS, Z06 and ZR1 have the dry sump oil system which eliminates this issue.
The auto GS's don't have the dry sump system. Maybe I have been lucky, but I haven't had any oil contamination problems with our Eforce and we have 33,000 miles on since the blower was installed. I had our throttle body off 2 nights ago and there was nothing there.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:06 PM
DillingerRadio
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
The auto GS's don't have the dry sump system. Maybe I have been lucky, but I haven't had any oil contamination problems with our Eforce and we have 33,000 miles on since the blower was installed. I had our throttle body off 2 nights ago and there was nothing there.
Good point- I keep forgetting there's an automatic option

Automatic transmission GS's don't have the dry sump system OR the launch control feature (the latter makes sense, not entirely sure why they didn't include the former).
Old 04-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,507 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by DillingerRadio
Good point- I keep forgetting there's an automatic option

Automatic transmission GS's don't have the dry sump system OR the launch control feature (the latter makes sense, not entirely sure why they didn't include the former).
It really doesn't matter as since we installed our Eforce it just powers through traction control anyway. lol That's why I keep our drag radials on for the entire summer.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:07 PM
da_vato
Instructor

I actually have a dry sump....

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock E-Force Questions

Quick Reply: Edelbrock E-Force Questions