C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TX2014 Buddy honda taking out big hp corvette's

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 03:51 PM
DANZGLASS
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Rrev Tim
Jon, Rob has been talking to me about buying the car, if he does, you better not back out of a race after all this smack talk, just make sure I get to ride with one of you as a witness.

As for my "Sloppy Seconds" Vette, I do believe that even with a 250 shot, Myles car with the tune in it now would pull on my car, but that is my opinion.

Rob - You need to buy it and race both of them, you have the money to run it like its stolen, I just cannot afford to break anything right now with all the money put into the race car this year.

So, with Jons car getting completed soon, lets do that race first. Say this weekend or next?
What about a 350-400shot? Would that be closer.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:55 PM
HolyShiznit
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not trying to be rude but its a lose/lose racing anyone in the ER group. You win and you get excuses and trash talk. You lose you get trash talk even worse.

I learned my lesson very profoundly with the race with the Integra...not worth fighting/arguing with everyone on the sidelines.

I am a customer of theirs now but don't want to be involved in racing anyone from that group.

Originally Posted by Rrev Tim
Jon, Rob has been talking to me about buying the car, if he does, you better not back out of a race after all this smack talk, just make sure I get to ride with one of you as a witness.

As for my "Sloppy Seconds" Vette, I do believe that even with a 250 shot, Myles car with the tune in it now would pull on my car, but that is my opinion.

Rob - You need to buy it and race both of them, you have the money to run it like its stolen, I just cannot afford to break anything right now with all the money put into the race car this year.

So, with Jons car getting completed soon, lets do that race first. Say this weekend or next?
Old 04-01-2014, 12:44 AM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I guess you can't take the DSM out of some people regardless of how successful they are...lol
Old 04-01-2014, 01:00 AM
HolyShiznit
Racer

The shop is great and they have power out of Evo's GTR's, and DSM's down to a science. Lucas has always been nice and respectful to me and even Myles is fine. Its when you throw in the whole cheerleaders that it makes me facepalm. This isnt exclusive to them as any shop/group/person can run into the same issue.

If I didnt trust the shop then I wouldnt have chosen them to work on my Camaro.

Originally Posted by Milan
I guess you can't take the DSM out of some people regardless of how successful they are...lol
Old 04-01-2014, 01:30 AM
its_slow
Intermediate

Real life is more complicated than that. If HP to weight ratio was the only important factor then everyone would drive a go kart.

Again, I'm not trying to take anything away from your car. You ran 150 mph on a prepped track and that is impressive. The problem is, a 150 mph car is still slower than a 155 mph car.

Anyway, once school is out we will bring two 800 hp vettes to Portland from Boise and we can race and see what the results are. If I/we lose I have no problem eating my words and being the #1 cheerleader for your car.

I hope you don't think I am trying to disrespect you in anyway, I have heard nothing but good things about you (and English Racing) and trust me, people in Boise talk about you a lot.

Class begins April 19th and 20th in California @ the Shift-S3ctor 1/2 mile event...
Old 04-01-2014, 01:32 AM
its_slow
Intermediate

How many fast cars do you have?

You sure talk a lot, how many 10/9/8 sec cars do you have?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Jasil
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Devil's advocate, but as TX2K14 showed yet again the UR Gallardo TT's and big GTR builds owned everything and will continue to do so. Nothing was even close

The video of the 1200hp Big Turbo Vette getting destroyed by a UR car is hilarious!!

Can't wait for the TI event!!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Corvette0096
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jasil
Devil's advocate, but as TX2K14 showed yet again the UR Gallardo TT's and big GTR builds owned everything and will continue to do so. Nothing was even close

The video of the 1200hp Big Turbo Vette getting destroyed by a UR car is hilarious!!

link?
Old 04-02-2014, 10:06 AM
DANZGLASS
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Not that that vette would win. But he is on a stock t56 slow shifting and loosing all his boost between gears. On a turbo car thats pretty huge. Also a big turbo so takes a sec to get back into boost for that vette. Bet if he was auto or a build tr6060 like im doing it would make a huge diff.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:29 AM
BigBronco
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Ty's car is VERY nice and will be VERY fast. Once he gets the hang of it and gets a built transmission in the car, it will help shave some more time off of it.

In terms of the UR cars... they are another league and proved to be so when they crushed every GTR under the sun on the streets. This year was FULL of fair races... not as jump happy as it has been in the past. It was a great time running around in Houston.

TI is different though. Caddo Mills hooks up VERY well for an air strip. Considering most cars are trapping between 185 and 195 mph (My estimate for this year) it will be a much tighter race between the GTR's and Lambos. I do have to say that there are some Viper's that should be good competition though this year from Dallas and Houston. Still not sure if they will be fast as the TT V-10's in the lambos.

Originally Posted by its_slow

LOL... remember who the average poster on this board is.

Congrats on having a very quick and unique car. I enjoyed seeing it run. Very well built and did not even sound TOO bad LOL. Hope to see it back down here for more events.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by its_slow

I only have one car...my own. How many do you have? Wait I don't give a ****, because having 1 or 100 isn't going to change the fact that your car is not faster than a properly running 888 whp C6Z, but I'm sure if you want to go put a crack in your intake manifold he would be glad to run you again.

If you are ever in Boise I will be glad to show what a real 800 whp Vette is like. Otherwise you are going to have to wait for me to make a trip to Portland. Unfortunately I work full time plus go to grad school so it's not super easy for me to get away, otherwise I would already be coordinating with you.

You probably think I'm ignorant as ****, but I started out racing/building Hondas, so it's not like I don't know what works and doesn't work.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Whoa looks like I'm late to the party!

Bring that Acura to Boise...I'll race in my 800hp Vette also.

Props on being down the track 1000 times with 5000 cars. I'm sorry to say that all that experience doesn't mean you know anything about what a cracked intake would do to a boosted C5 and C6. Stating that he wouldn't lose 100whp is silly. You have no idea what it would do to his power level. You have no idea the specifics on the crack. Based on how the C6 intake is designed, the power drop would probably be worse if there was a crack under boost.

I'm not trying to be a d1ck...but you need to understand that an intake on a Corvette is a bit different that on a Honda, or any other import for that matter.

Last edited by Y2KRoadster; 04-03-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

That's what these guys tell me around here all the time.. I always have to have a 4g63 powered car around. It's a love hate thing

Last edited by Chicago1; 04-06-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Corvette0096
Race Director

That car is a 1000LB less than a corvette and will slip though the air better cause of it size and under car panel. Just facts. If your car traps around 160-MPH in the 1/4 you might have a chance.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Was it hilarious? That UGR Gallardo that you are talking about destroyed everything...not just that Vette. Did you see the other video of the same big turbo Vette dragging a 1250whp+ UGR Gallardo down the highway? Pretty impressive if you ask me...the Vette has a 418ci motor, stock T56, and stock weight.

Originally Posted by Corvette0096
That car is a 1000LB less than a corvette and will slip though the air better cause of it size and under car panel. Just facts. If your car traps around 160-MPH in the 1/4 you might have a chance.
Maybe I missed something earlier but, which car are you referring to that traps 160+ MPH? You sure do swing hard from everyone's nuts that do not own a Corvette. Maybe you should sell yours and get into an import!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Corvette0096
Race Director

You sure do swing hard from everyone's nuts that do not own a Corvette. Maybe you should sell yours and get into an import![/QUOTE]

Come up with your own lines. Cagle you see this guy trying to swing on your nuts?
Old 04-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Come up with your own lines. Cagle you see this guy trying to swing on your nuts?
You don't even know how to quote...guess you must be mad. I'm not trying to copy anyone's lines...just speaking facts. All you do is blah blah blah about your friends rides and how great they are. I'm not going to go back and forth with you...it is what it is.

Get notified of new replies

To TX2014 Buddy honda taking out big hp corvette's

Old 04-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Corvette0096
Race Director

This better? I think you should come and get you some. Mad over what? His car is making news and he is out living a rock stars dream racing all over the US and your home behind your keyboard?

Last edited by Corvette0096; 04-07-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

This better? I think you should come and get you some. Mad over what? His car is making news and he is out living a rock stars dream racing all over the US and your home behind your keyboard?
Lol...you had to edit that?

Like I said...you are nothing more than a groupie/fanboy.

I'm sure it's going to come down to who's going to drive to what place...but I'm down to run anyone. It's all fun to me.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Corvette0096
Race Director

Originally Posted by Y2KRoadster
Lol...you had to edit that?

Like I said...you are nothing more than a groupie/fanboy.

I'm sure it's going to come down to who's going to drive to what place...but I'm down to run anyone. It's all fun to me.
You got the talking part down. You should come down and back it up. You beat the 1.8 liter out you should try and take the V-6 on.

Quick Reply: TX2014 Buddy honda taking out big hp corvette's