C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 EForce 599 return to stock

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 12:20 PM
pa2000xxxx
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 EForce 599 return to stock

I have the Eforce supercharger 599hp kit installed. I'm considering returning to stock in order to part out and sell vehicle. Several questions...#1 are there any dealers/vendors or installers that sell a "kit" to do this? Seems like they would get to keep used parts and sell those off (I bought used with everything installed). #2 anyone done this? #3 anyone selling used parts from their own install? Thanks

Cary
Old 02-16-2014, 07:17 PM
Eric ray
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why???. It would be worth more with it on.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:04 PM
pa2000xxxx
Advanced

Well why don't you buy it then? To me, it's worth couple thousand extra with it, but so far that isn't happening. Maybe things will improve in spring. The supercharger is worth $4-5k used when removed.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:38 PM
Eric ray
Melting Slicks

How much are you asking for your corvette? And if you don't mind, describe it to me, year, mileage, style, package.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:44 PM
pa2000xxxx
Advanced

Tried to PM you..looks like your PMs are blocked. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...d-4400-mi.html. There's the link to my forum ad

Last edited by pa2000xxxx; 02-16-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:52 AM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It depends how you sell the car. if you take it to a dealer for a trade in, most dealers don't care about all the aftermarket stuff installed and won't pay for those items so parting out is the way to go. only high volume dealers may entertain the car with mods and pay extra for it.

If you sell it as a private sale, then you could get someone to go ahead and pay more for the mods already in the car if they were planning to do all that to the car in the first place.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Eric ray
Melting Slicks

Ran numbers thru NADA, and your very good on your price. Without S/C, retail is at 47,000. Maybe your right, some people might be afraid to by a vette with that kind of upgrade. Afraid it might be ragged out. Personally I plan on putting that same settup on my G/S. If you do remove it, let me know I may purchase. Thanks and good luck with your sale.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:23 PM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric ray
Ran numbers thru NADA, and your very good on your price. Without S/C, retail is at 47,000. Maybe your right, some people might be afraid to by a vette with that kind of upgrade. Afraid it might be ragged out. Personally I plan on putting that same settup on my G/S. If you do remove it, let me know I may purchase. Thanks and good luck with your sale.
The great thing about the eforce is that it behaves well under normal driving conditions. Most people that get vettes and want more power usually go the edelbrock, A&A or magnuson route anyway so car already having this done saves the time and also their wallet. it is definitely an attractive option to many possible buyers. Having the edelbrock myself, it's a great add on for the person who doesn't typically go to the track and so forth.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:52 AM
da_vato
Instructor

I just completed an E-Force upgrade and I may be persuaded into giving up my stock parts... There are a few things you would need to get new, like hose clamps and what not. I have the old parts in the box the E-Force came in. There is one line that would be a pain to mail but the rest of the parts fit into one box. I can send pics if you're seriously interested.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:54 PM
ZR1-ab
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

You have a good price on car. Just takes right person to buy, sometimes takes much time and then have to give away. I just bought a 2010 GS similar to yours and I paid many thousands over retail cause it was what I wanted. I have sold cars in past with mods on them and had to give em away. I didn't get any extra for the mods but maybe sold it faster cause it had mods. I always seem to pay good $$ for the cars I buy but when it comes time to it takes a long time to sell and don't get extra for my mods. When I sell I usually end up getting NADA rough to average trade in value. But when I go to buy I usually end up paying retail or higher price for cars with good mods. I pay good $$ for what I want buy others don't.

Last edited by ZR1-ab; 02-20-2014 at 04:59 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To LS3 EForce 599 return to stock

Quick Reply: LS3 EForce 599 return to stock