C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A new look at the new UPP-Under Pressure Turbo Kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 01:19 PM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by JoeAZHP
Your right because the factory manifolds don't support almost 1200 rwhp.
The point of a turbo manifold is to put the turbo where it needs to be and not where the exhaust manifold happens to put it. In the case of the camaro kit, the car made more power with less boost with a custom manifold over the stock exhaust manifolds. Lower IATs result.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:34 PM
greerracing
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CBI is finishing up the upp upgrades to my car as we speak and we will hopefully have results soon. Built drive train with e85.
Attached Images    
Old 01-23-2014, 09:50 PM
achaluja
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greerracing
CBI is finishing up the upp upgrades to my car as we speak and we will hopefully have results soon. Built drive train with e85.
Im doind a upp ls2 402 build what size and turbos are those ?
Old 01-23-2014, 09:50 PM
achaluja
Instructor

What upgrades did you do to the turbo ?
Old 01-23-2014, 11:11 PM
greerracing
Instructor

I had one of the early upp kits with the smaller t4ob turbos and the 2.5 in downpipes. I bought the twin gt35r ball bearing upp turbos (similar to a pt6266) and new up pipes and 3in down pipes feeding a zo6 exhaust. I also bought a fore triple fuel pump kit with a dsx flex fuel kit.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:53 AM
achaluja
Instructor

I had one of the early upp kits with the smaller t4ob turbos and the 2.5 in downpipes. I bought the twin gt35r ball bearing upp turbos (similar to a pt6266) and new up pipes and 3in down pipes feeding a zo6 exhaust. I also bought a fore triple fuel pump kit with a dsx flex fuel kit.
Good luck with the build keep us updated , i had also the 2.5" downpipe i upgraded to 3" the car is at FSP in FL Matt will be tuning the car adding meth, gauges and waiting for him to see what else he recommends for the build
What engine a and tranny do you have ?

Last edited by achaluja; 01-24-2014 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:07 AM
greerracing
Instructor

Originally Posted by achaluja
Good luck with the build keep us updated , i had also the 2.5" downpipe i upgraded to 3" the car is at FSP in FL Matt will be tuning the car adding meth, gauges and waiting for him to see what else he recommends for the build
What engine a and tranny do you have ?
I have a tsp 402 ls2 at 10:1 with prc225 heads and a zr1x clutch with the highest level t56 rpm offers and a built zo6 rear diff.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:37 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06-TT
i understand this... but more effecient turbo would do just the same.

plus... IPS uses ARH shories in place of the stock cast on the bigger builds. so it hink 700-1000 the (guessing) 500-1500 in custom manifolds just arent there for the need.... you add in the price of the manifold to save from using a scavenge pump....

if this was such a great idea and helped with the performance of the kit, why is the G8 Kit you sell still using the factory manifold locating the turbo near where the stock cats where....
Spinmonster posted this thread in appreciation for the work we've done, and how far we've progressed over the years. Let's not turn this into a thread about turbo efficiency, as my turbos have already proven themselves in that realm.

If you don't appreciate custom tubular manifolds, I'm sorry. By all means stick to cast ones. But not only are the flow characteristics of tubular proven to be better, the true 4-1 merge collector in itself is a very beneficial design, hence why even quality LT headers utilize it. Top that off with the manifolds being (as many have described it) "a work of art". SS manifolds just look beautiful. If you don't understand this or can't appreciate it, that's fine, no one's twisting your arm to buy these kits nor post in this thread.

From what I've read this thread was never a "this is better" or "that is better" thread. It was merely in appreciation for what we've accomplished and what we're currently working on. Cast manifolds work, it's been proven. Hell we're still using stock cast manifolds on all of our Corvette setups right now. So no one's knocking them.

And to answer your question on the G8, if you pop over to the G8Board.com you'll find that we're currently scouting for a local(ish) G8 to redesign the kit similar to the Camaro since they share so much in common. The top mount design compared to the bottom mount is a better kit period. Hence why we redesigned the Camaro (which was originally a bottom mount) and why I'm looking to redesign the G8 again. We could just call it "good enough" with the kit we currently have, and not RE-incur the R&D costs, I mean they sell, we make money.....why change it? I want to redesign it because I know we can make it better. ALOT of people shy away from under mount kits in fear of dragging them, sucking up water, oiling issues.....trust me I get these questions daily. Not that any of those are actually issues, but it's what people perceive. So to answer your question, we are looking to redesign the kit, because it is a better setup, and as we as a company grow, we constantly strive to improve ourselves and our products. Consequently I believe that was the original theme of this thread to begin with.

And FYI....stay tuned for a top mount C6 Z06 compatible kit here soon too!

CK
Old 01-25-2014, 01:09 PM
jon6.0
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

If you did top a top mount kit that didn't use an oil return pump I would drive up to Colorado and leave my car with you guys. I would take my T-trim off in a hurry. Heck, I wouldn't mind a single setup if you wanted to do one. Something like a PT7875 maybe.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:13 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
Spinmonster posted this thread in appreciation for the work we've done, and how far we've progressed over the years. Let's not turn this into a thread about turbo efficiency, as my turbos have already proven themselves in that realm.

If you don't appreciate custom tubular manifolds, I'm sorry. By all means stick to cast ones. But not only are the flow characteristics of tubular proven to be better, the true 4-1 merge collector in itself is a very beneficial design, hence why even quality LT headers utilize it. Top that off with the manifolds being (as many have described it) "a work of art". SS manifolds just look beautiful. If you don't understand this or can't appreciate it, that's fine, no one's twisting your arm to buy these kits nor post in this thread.

From what I've read this thread was never a "this is better" or "that is better" thread. It was merely in appreciation for what we've accomplished and what we're currently working on. Cast manifolds work, it's been proven. Hell we're still using stock cast manifolds on all of our Corvette setups right now. So no one's knocking them.

And to answer your question on the G8, if you pop over to the G8Board.com you'll find that we're currently scouting for a local(ish) G8 to redesign the kit similar to the Camaro since they share so much in common. The top mount design compared to the bottom mount is a better kit period. Hence why we redesigned the Camaro (which was originally a bottom mount) and why I'm looking to redesign the G8 again. We could just call it "good enough" with the kit we currently have, and not RE-incur the R&D costs, I mean they sell, we make money.....why change it? I want to redesign it because I know we can make it better. ALOT of people shy away from under mount kits in fear of dragging them, sucking up water, oiling issues.....trust me I get these questions daily. Not that any of those are actually issues, but it's what people perceive. So to answer your question, we are looking to redesign the kit, because it is a better setup, and as we as a company grow, we constantly strive to improve ourselves and our products. Consequently I believe that was the original theme of this thread to begin with.

CK
YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB
Old 01-25-2014, 04:57 PM
Cidz06
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS

CK
Can't wait to see your TT kit for the C6 Z06.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:44 PM
narfdanarf
Pro

Originally Posted by jon6.0
If you did top a top mount kit that didn't use an oil return pump I would drive up to Colorado and leave my car with you guys. I would take my T-trim off in a hurry. Heck, I wouldn't mind a single setup if you wanted to do one. Something like a PT7875 maybe.
billet BW 80

Old 01-26-2014, 02:42 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

It's nice to see a shop not just sticking with what they know and pushing the boundaries. If you don't try then you don't know if it will work do you?!?!?

As for the manifold, try telling the EVO guys to use the stock cast manifold! Lol
Old 01-26-2014, 03:14 PM
jon6.0
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by narfdanarf
billet BW 80

Nice! What are you doing for a radiator?
Old 01-26-2014, 04:32 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

billet BW 80
We will have billet options coming VERY soon!

Last edited by CK@UPPCOS; 01-26-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Intermediate

I don't know anyone that would want to put that much heat in the engine bay.. Good luck doing any racing besides couple pulls on the highway. As least a low mount won't put any more heat in the engine bay than a stock car.
I would like to see some dyno tested with the hood closed and little to no fans and see how the IATs and everything else reacts.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:26 PM
narfdanarf
Pro

Originally Posted by Brok3
I don't know anyone that would want to put that much heat in the engine bay.. Good luck doing any racing besides couple pulls on the highway. As least a low mount won't put any more heat in the engine bay than a stock car.
I would like to see some dyno tested with the hood closed and little to no fans and see how the IATs and everything else reacts.
Buy what the rest does, get walked like the rest does. Not sure if you're trolling or actually interested in the effect of underhood temps on IAT's or lack thereof (and how much perceived increase you think a blanket'd turbo would cause) but you should start a new thread and reference the ability of air to transfer heat and the volume/airspeed of a 1300hp car.

Get notified of new replies

To A new look at the new UPP-Under Pressure Turbo Kits

Old 01-27-2014, 11:15 PM
sr20dime
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by SpinMonster
UPP turbo kits are available from many UPP supporting vendors.

When it was first proposed to build turbo kits, I warned my friend CK that corvette owners are tough critics on parts for a corvette. The original kits tried to just make the least expensive kit that would last as long as any corvette owner would own a car with lifetime warranties on pipes and turbos. Still there would have to be an evolution because corvette owners wanted 304 stainless, ball bearing turbos, and name brand parts. Now kits are available with all of the above for the guy looking for a better product and not just entry level.

The kits have grown up so much since the original kits adding a degree of quality that some may not be aware of. Other markets have taken off such as the camaro kits which use fully custom in house turbo manifolds, top mounting turbos in many apps, and pipes that have jewelry for welds with accurately cut pipes from the addition of new tooling and an artist named Brett overseeing the welding dept.

'Like' UPP's page on facebook to see projects and results plus lots of pics.

https://www.facebook.com/UPPCOS

Nice Job UPP! I'm anxiously awaiting my C6 Stage 2 Kit (twin 35r upgrade). I'll be putting this setup to the test for sure!

I have a built 408 10.5:1 with TFS heads, 1khp axles, RPM built trans, built diff, Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch, LG carbon fiber driveshaft, ported Fast 102LSXR intake, ID1300 injectors, vengeance racing custom cam, 75 shot to spool the turbos and on and on and on... lol. My car made 720whp and 775tq on the nitrous seutp. I'm really anxious for my kit to get here so I can see how boost and nitrous feels! :-)
Old 01-28-2014, 01:12 AM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by sr20dime
Nice Job UPP! I'm anxiously awaiting my C6 Stage 2 Kit (twin 35r upgrade). I'll be putting this setup to the test for sure!

I have a built 408 10.5:1 with TFS heads, 1khp axles, RPM built trans, built diff, Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch, LG carbon fiber driveshaft, ported Fast 102LSXR intake, ID1300 injectors, vengeance racing custom cam, 75 shot to spool the turbos and on and on and on... lol. My car made 720whp and 775tq on the nitrous seutp. I'm really anxious for my kit to get here so I can see how boost and nitrous feels! :-)
Oh man I want to see what it'll do too!
Old 01-28-2014, 02:12 PM
Intermediate

Buy what the rest does, get walked like the rest does. Not sure if you're trolling or actually interested in the effect of underhood temps on IAT's or lack thereof (and how much perceived increase you think a blanket'd turbo would cause) but you should start a new thread and reference the ability of air to transfer heat and the volume/airspeed of a 1300hp car.
Since you are just assuming **** to discredit what I am saying but failed to bring anything up that I was actually talking about, good job!

But for the sake of the conversation, are you saying me a blanket doesn't get hot after running a few laps on a road course going full out? Or should I not assume?

Quick Reply: A new look at the new UPP-Under Pressure Turbo Kits