C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine dying while driving then slow cranking and no start!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 08:41 AM
venomws7
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I had the exact same problem in my car turned out a lose wire connected to the PCM.
next guess will be Starter.

Best of luck man.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:18 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It seems, we have found the culprit!

This wire almost burn where it connects to the starter. Also we have changed all battery cables and connectors + cleaned some grounds wire. the alternator and starter are ok and I didn't change it.

It is all good now,,, I couldn't simulate or reproduce the issue, the car never shutdown to me after long driving... the volt reading is ok and stable at 14.0 when hot.
I will keep testing the car this week and will see how it will goes!

thanks everyone!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:40 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by WHITE_SHARK
It seems, we have found the culprit!

This wire almost burn where it connects to the starter. Also we have changed all battery cables and connectors + cleaned some grounds wire. the alternator and starter are ok and I didn't change it.

It is all good now,,, I couldn't simulate or reproduce the issue, the car never shutdown to me after long driving... the volt reading is ok and stable at 14.0 when hot.
I will keep testing the car this week and will see how it will goes!

thanks everyone!

I told you! I said take out starter and when you do take a look around! when i saw your tune and it had all kinds of KR @ idle i thought something in that area wasn't...knock sensor
glad you found it! now play with the tranny tune and get it to your liking
roll into the boost, make sure that KR and AFRS are good then start laying into it. BE SAFE!!
Old 12-30-2013, 04:20 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Nick for your comments and instructions! you was right buddy.

I took the car today for another ride, everything is ok and normal, verified the hot start issue and car started normally.

for the WOT, still not fully tuned and I have another issue (pressure drop in the middle of WOT), I hope it is related to this issue and pump volt! we will see that later
Old 12-31-2013, 11:37 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by WHITE_SHARK
Thanks Nick for your comments and instructions! you was right buddy.

I took the car today for another ride, everything is ok and normal, verified the hot start issue and car started normally.

for the WOT, still not fully tuned and I have another issue (pressure drop in the middle of WOT), I hope it is related to this issue and pump volt! we will see that later
its been a long road for you so just take small steps on the tuning...creep up on the boost, just watch AFR and fuel PSI
Old 01-04-2014, 04:29 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

glad you figured it out. I had a similar problem with one of my vettes at some point and it was the starter wire too. funny is if there is a weird electrical issue first thing I would look for is battery/alternator and starter. I have witnessed 3 weird electrical issues due to the starter and its wires and 3 because of the battery. good luck! let us know how it does when you get it tuned...

Quick Reply: Engine dying while driving then slow cranking and no start!