C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

calling Sinster!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 04:56 PM
slow02gt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the ford gt is 12:1 compression,running on methanol and runs precision billet 8285s.. it made 1750 plus on the mustang dyno the best they could do without spinning(as bad at least)..

the popping is the traction control cutting cyclinders trying to help the best it can.

its alot left in the car beeville is a rough track.. should be able to do 280 plus at the houston mile new year if it holds up.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:58 PM
slow02gt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
You are 100% correct my friend, a larger turbo is needed for more power. Since the airflow increased but the motor and piping would stay unchanged boost pressure would increase as power rises.
you need to come down for the houston mile next year!!!!! order some wheels from me first and bring it down on some hoosiers
Old 11-01-2013, 04:59 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Stupid can be fun in moderation.

That may have been my first keyboard race, I hope I won.

I agree

Quick lesson on turbos:

Boost is a measure of resistance from the turbos supplying more air than the motor can utilize. I don't think causing more resistance and there for making the setup less efficient is the best route. I have confirmed the efficiency of my system by measuring AITs which stay at ambient or below on the road. This is with the four centrally located pipes that you claimed would be detrimental to performance. Phew glad you were wrong.

Smaller pipes increase exhaust velocity to increase turbo spool, which would result in decreased traction. AITs and boost would increase but power would stay nearly the same because the total airflow would remain unchanged.

23 psi is in fact the limit for my system and engine because the turbos are no longer able to provide increased airflow to make more power.

I'd really like to listen to you Nick but my intention is to go faster this upcoming season.
So are you telling me that @ 23psi your gates are clamped closed?
Mike just trying to have civil conversation...this is a forum after all.

Alot of these high end turbos now have the ability to log shaft speed that would tell you if the gas velocity is correct or not.

Last edited by NICK YOSKIN; 11-01-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:14 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 380 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
So are you telling me that @ 23psi your gates are clamped closed?
Mike just trying to have civil conversation...this is a forum after all.

Alot of these high end turbos now have the ability to log shaft speed that would tell you if the gas velocity is correct or not.
20lb springs on board, I am also having a civil conversation just not in agreement to what you said.

I guess I could measure shaft speed but my training in medicine has taught me not to look for things that won't change the situation.

My situation now is that I have enough power to the top of 4th so more doesn't help me until I commit to tires I don't have interest in.

My mission right now is to get my launch down and boost by speed dialed in for 1-4. Once I perfected the current combo Ill add traction with more power and start over.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:17 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
yes it is!
basically big turbo outlaw cars are going to smaller diameter piping and then that allows them to run larger turbines. if mike adopted this thinking 23psi would not be the limit for sure! power delivery would probably be smoother which certainly be beneficial to traction.
Nick I think the intresting thing is to do with turbine sizing. Depending on setup it seems like it's better to go for a bigger turbine with a tighter AR than the other way around. Really intresting thread. It's also intresting that in turbo limited classes most are now building smaller motors that run at higher boost lvls. This also let's them get the most out of the turbine before choking.

Obviously this is for race only cars with very specific requirements. But the science that goes behind it is really intresting and probably the same as OEMs use when they design turbo systems.

Sinistter how many lbs per min can you turbos move at the moment?
Old 11-09-2013, 08:54 AM
ZBADESTZ@Straightline
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike I have a car I what to test against yours.... Let me know when your ready..it's just a Mercedes......

From a roll or dig

Old 11-09-2013, 02:30 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ZBADESTZ
Mike I have a car I what to test against yours.... Let me know when your ready..it's just a Mercedes......

From a roll or dig

I'm out of town on job interviews all winter so maybe this spring. I do have a friend who's cousin has a brother who knows this guy that would want to race him tho, should we get a bunch of people to line the streets and spray paint a finish line too?

If your friend wants to test his car come run the half mile, if it's before June 14th Ill be there.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:55 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

I do have a friend who's cousin has a brother who knows this guy that would want to race him tho, should we get a bunch of people to line the streets and spray paint a finish line too?
Classic IDAF post
Old 11-09-2013, 07:14 PM
ZBADESTZ@Straightline
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm out of town on job interviews all winter so maybe this spring. I do have a friend who's cousin has a brother who knows this guy that would want to race him tho, should we get a bunch of people to line the streets and spray paint a finish line too?

If your friend wants to test his car come run the half mile, if it's before June 14th Ill be there.
Ok... Good luck on your interviews....
I thought you could get Batman...(you know him).....and his cap crusaders and line the streets..........

We will be at Half mile and Michigan Mile see you there
Old 11-09-2013, 10:54 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Classic IDAF post
Exactly I don't really feel like going to jail to prove what I can do. God im sick of dealing with state troopers they know me by first name and I might as well leave my license taped to the trunk so they don't have to walk so far to take it...
Old 11-10-2013, 12:45 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Exactly I don't really feel like going to jail to prove what I can do. God im sick of dealing with state troopers they know me by first name and I might as well leave my license taped to the trunk so they don't have to walk so far to take it...
Do your thing, man. Enjoy the car, get it dialed and rip up that half mile coming up. 195 is awesome.

Street pulls vary, the 60-130 is neat but slowly becoming a thing of the past because of the Standing Mile, 1/2 Mile, 1/4, or even better, the Texas Invitational for your car. So many truely fast cars, but I'd register for the fall of 2014 and see if you qualify. Plenty of guys will want to run ya, but with class and props. Just my experience with the TSS group.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:22 AM
Big Reade
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ajrothm
I do know that a 1550rwhp lambo recently went 217 mph in the half mile which matches the GT, but I doubt it has the back half gain that the GT had... I mean crap 60 mph on the back half? JESUS H #*%#^
I know Stacy's UGR 2r car just went 224.99 in the half at Shift Sector, that car is around 1800awhp and geared for the mile, be interesting to see what it would do in the mile if he'll run it.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:13 PM
8seclxtal
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Reade
I know Stacy's UGR 2r car just went 224.99 in the half at Shift Sector, that car is around 1800awhp and geared for the mile, be interesting to see what it would do in the mile if he'll run it.
Did you notice how they ran the Shift Sector race ? It wasn't a standing 1/2 mile race. They did a rolling start to a set of cones at a 1/2 mile distance. Somebody has to come up with a standard for this type of racing. I think it would completely change everybody's overall speed with standing 1/2 mile. Just my 2 cents on this type of racing !
Old 11-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Big Reade
Advanced

Originally Posted by 8seclxtal
Did you notice how they ran the Shift Sector race ? It wasn't a standing 1/2 mile race. They did a rolling start to a set of cones at a 1/2 mile distance. Somebody has to come up with a standard for this type of racing. I think it would completely change everybody's overall speed with standing 1/2 mile. Just my 2 cents on this type of racing !

If you watch Stacy's 224 run, it was from a dead stop. They do roll ons as well, but also standing half miles. That's why he was awarded the standing half mile challenge win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZWZbMCcZNI&feature=youtube_gdat a_player
Old 11-10-2013, 04:16 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedyD
That FORD GT has to be putting down some big power. He doesn't even come off the line hard but you can hear his gears are really tall!! I'd love to see an in car. I'm wondering if he changed out the rear gearing to make the gears very tall so he can eliminate a shift or two and stay on the turbo's longer. 278 is ridiculous! It was only a few years back when breaking 200 was pretty amazing!!!!
Dan
Ridiculous!
Old 11-10-2013, 09:17 PM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Just start dating a local deputy sheriff or hipo officer. It saves my hind end a lot anymore.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:09 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by JoeyG
Just start dating a local deputy sheriff or hipo officer. It saves my hind end a lot anymore.
Until you break up.. then you're doubly screwed, lol

Get notified of new replies

To calling Sinster!

Old 11-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Big Reade
Advanced

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Until you break up.. then you're doubly screwed, lol
Hahahahaha...that's the truth
Old 11-13-2013, 12:09 AM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Shaft speed only tells you a small part of the equation.

ShaneT said the GT used TC the WHOLE pass. Having that guy tap the keys on the ECU is priceless.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:50 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Louis @ LG Motorsports
Shaft speed only tells you a small part of the equation.

ShaneT said the GT used TC the WHOLE pass. Having that guy tap the keys on the ECU is priceless.
Finally people are starting to see the point of TC like top flight motorsport has for years! Im sorry but anyone that thinks your right foot and brain has better control over an engines torque output, with only the throttle, than an computer with TP, timing, boost, fuel corrections available to it is VASTLY mistaken.

Engineers can make power power than pretty much any tire can put to the ground these days. The art form is now in controlling that power so you are constantly at, well just below, breaking traction at all times. Its the same for fast road cars (see the Farrier F12), race cars (ALMS) or drag / mile racing.

Quick Reply: calling Sinster!