C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Initial impressions C7 v. C6

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 10:24 PM
VetteAwe
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Initial impressions C7 v. C6

Saw a C7 (Yellow Z-51) in person for the first time today at the Sacramento International Auto Show. Was really looking forward to seeing the C7 for the first time. It looked dynamite (in all colors) in the pictures and videos I saw before the show. Was also able to sit inside with the seat moved fully back. One issue for me was the reduced leg room at least compared to my C6. I am 6' 4'' and have long legs (34 inch inseam). With the seat fully back in my C6, which is my normal driving position, my knees are about 3-4 inches from the knee bolster. With the C7, my knees were right up against the knee bolster with the seat all the way back. This may also have something to to with the overall seat position in the C7, but for me, the driving position would probably be more challenging and less comfortable in the C7. Any other individuals that are on the bigger or long-legged side might want to check out the leg room issue. I wonder if it would be possible to figure out a way to get the seat to move back just a little further? The overall appearance and material used in the interior of the C7 is definitely superior to the C6.

Many who have seen the C7 in person have said it looks even better than in pictures. For me, it was just the opposite. I thought the side air scoops and hood vent made the car look a little too busy. In comparison, the C6 lines flow pretty fell and are not cluttered. I think the C7 would also look better without the rear spoiler.

This is just my two cents based on my initial impressions of the C7. I can say the C7 was the rock star of the show. It was getting an awful lot of attention versus the other cars in the same building. If the level of interest by the show attendees was any indication, the C7 is definitely a hit and many will be sold by GM. At least for now, I am still pretty happy with my supercharged C6. However, the ZO7 ( with some minor seat mods.) might offer a stronger temptation
Old 10-18-2013, 10:42 PM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

This would be cool if you were comparing a force induction c7 vs a force induction c6.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:55 PM
ZEX-Z
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

It looks like a Camaro SS with those tail lights. Somebody told me the other day that if I had so much money why didnt I buy a new 2014 Stingray. Well cause I dont like it. I dont know if I likd the fact it has direct injection. I dont particularly like the body and if I were to get one...it woukd have to be the big cube wide body version...not the base model. So I bought a Brand New Grand Sport. Love my Grand Sport and it has alot of manners. My 454 Dart Block and F2 will destroy any stingray in my Grand Sport.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:15 AM
jon6.0
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

This is posted in the wrong section.

That being said, I'll keep my C6 for a while as well. I think they look like **** in the rear. The vert is the better looking version.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:26 PM
cybergrey
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not a fan of the C7 either. The interior is better finished, but I will take the C6 Z06 exterior any day of the week. To be honest, I think the sharper lines and busyness is a bit feeling rice. Will wait until they release the C7 Z06 and then maybe upgrade.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Octane sipper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my wife gave me the light for this new C7 and I said no. I hate the way it looks. Since I have a monster C5 I'm not looking to mod my next ride. Im looking at the R8

Get notified of new replies

To Initial impressions C7 v. C6

Quick Reply: Initial impressions C7 v. C6