C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1X C6 guys, which bracket you using?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Default F1X C6 guys, which bracket you using?

Well, I am getting close to getting the C6 F1X build done,..only one problem,..actually, a few. Looks like the Nick Williams throttle body is gonna, or does, hit the PROCHARGER bracket.....but a factory 90 fits no problem. You can flip a factory 90 upside down but, not the nick williams,...as it's body is too large, and makes contact with the water pump. Yes, I could probably grind enough material away from both to make work but,..interested in maybe, another bracket.

F1X, procharger bracket, in a C6. NOT a cog drive.

Direct drive from Dallas installed this past weekend.

I do not have a hood on the car now but,..I almost think it is gonna make contact with that as well.

Thanks,
Jamie
Old 09-23-2013, 05:17 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 119 Posts

Here's some info that I found: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...k-c6-hood.html

I think the Cartek bracket might be the best option.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:48 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Dallas performance Heavy duty bracket = WIN..
Old 09-24-2013, 12:45 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have an F1R Z06 kit from procharger with a cartek flip drive. I replaced the F1R with an F1X. will this fit on an 06 LS2 C6 (wet instead of a dry sump, not sure if the procharger from a Z06 would be a lot different???) anyone know? I had this setup for a long time but never got it installed... but getting ready here in the next few weeks.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by turbotuner20v
Here's some info that I found: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...k-c6-hood.html

I think the Cartek bracket might be the best option.

Much appreciated bro, thank you. I will look into that, just need to figure out if it works for larger throttle body. Cost of cartek?

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
Dallas performance Heavy duty bracket = WIN..
I like it a lot,...very expensive though.

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
I have an F1R Z06 kit from procharger with a cartek flip drive. I replaced the F1R with an F1X. will this fit on an 06 LS2 C6 (wet instead of a dry sump, not sure if the procharger from a Z06 would be a lot different???) anyone know? I had this setup for a long time but never got it installed... but getting ready here in the next few weeks.

This is pretty much the exact question I am asking player. Except that my kit for this car started life as a p1sc-1..to an f1x...your going from an f1r, to f1x.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Just talked to Cartek, helpful dudes....only problem is, it will not work on a 10 rib... so, either I adapt,..or we look elsewhere. Decisions, decisions...mainly why I went turbo on my ride.

lol, and people think turbos are confusing!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Cartek-no work with 10 rib, "works with throttle body"
Dallas-expensive,..does not work with throttle body
ECS-seems to be the wisest, as it works for everything.

So..we have some thinking to do.

Thank you all for the replies.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:56 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

How much power are you looking to make that the nick williams is your only choice? I make 1100 on pump through a stock tb and ls7 intake.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Stock TB has made 1500+rwhp so I wouldn't have an issues using the stock 92mm.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:54 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Smoove
Much appreciated bro, thank you. I will look into that, just need to figure out if it works for larger throttle body. Cost of cartek?

I like it a lot,...very expensive though.

This is pretty much the exact question I am asking player. Except that my kit for this car started life as a p1sc-1..to an f1x...your going from an f1r, to f1x.
Yea sorry just thought since it was a similar deal. The only thing is that I am going from an F1R Z06 kit to a base C6 car which is probably the same.

I am waiting on price for the Dallas Performance bracket. Did you get a price on it? If you do I would appreciate it if you can share that with me. Same with ECS and Cartek. I only called Dallas performance and they will get back to me tomorrow. Probably call those other guys tomorrow. good luck!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:05 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 119 Posts

when you talk to DP, make sure to clarify if you want their crazy full bracket, or just the J bracket for the procharger kit.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:46 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by turbotuner20v
when you talk to DP, make sure to clarify if you want their crazy full bracket, or just the J bracket for the procharger kit.
oh I didnt really specify. I just explained what I wanted to do and said I just need the blower bracket that replaces the pro charger bracket. I guess when they call me tomorrow I will make sure its just the J-bracket. Thanks for that.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
How much power are you looking to make that the nick williams is your only choice? I make 1100 on pump through a stock tb and ls7 intake.
Originally Posted by Unreal
Stock TB has made 1500+rwhp so I wouldn't have an issues using the stock 92mm.
Yea, I agree. I run a stock TB on my setup now and I am definetly not worried about it working, at all. It's not the end of the world if we wanna do that....it's just the fact that we bought a TB,...had it coated, in a way to match the rest of the build...it's like the watch band to the watch...and,..now, it seems, can't be used. It was a max effort build, for the budget allowed,..and, this is just one of the many items on that list.

Not the end of the world...just wish we could use it.

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
oh I didnt really specify. I just explained what I wanted to do and said I just need the blower bracket that replaces the pro charger bracket. I guess when they call me tomorrow I will make sure its just the J-bracket. Thanks for that.
All good.

Complete Dallas perf kit...$4700.00 with direct drive,..and cog pulleys,..everything...without the direct drive,...it's like $3900 bucks.... the J brace alone,..is $1900.00 bucks....
In my opinion,...very nice but, very over priced.

Cartek $1100 bucks. Bracket only. no flip drive, no belts, no pulley other then maybe an idler or two..etc. Only supports 6 or 8 ribs. VERY TIGHT belt if you use a 10% overdrive pulley on the crank(we are). I hate excessively tight belts...as, I remember breaking idler pulleys off my setup when power shifting. Also using two srewdrivers to try and pry on blower belts. etc...(I had a non flip/direct drive setup-procharger setup)

ECS is I think about 1200 as well,..I gotta get into my pms to remember exact price but,...seems like that would be the most logical based off price, and what it allows us to do, large TB, clears hood, and appears to be straight forward as far as I can tell.

i have no experience with any of above...
Old 09-27-2013, 05:10 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Johnny08
Oh yeah, one more thing. The throttle body. Don't know about NW, but the stock LS7 TB will fit either way, very tight though if not flipped. I ended up flipping it to make clearance for the belt tensioning bolt. Otherwise you'll have hard time turning the bolt. I wanted to make the blower belt change easier. With all the mods I made, changing the belt is a breeze, couple of minutes and no need to lift the car.

Thank you for that insight,..thats the kind ofstuff "I" appreciate.

PROBABLY gonna go with ECS if we keep the blower kit,..which, looks like the route.

Thanks again.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:05 PM
03justin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running the cartek bracket and my f1x should be here Monday or Tuesday and will be going on ASAP!im using the tpis 102 insted of the nw tb so ill let you no on the fit.a friend of mine is running a f1a on the carteck bracket with a nw tb it was hitting the Blower so he flipped it around and had to move the power steering reservoir.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Octane sipper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im using the Cartek track flip drive 10 rib with the fast 102 and TIPS throttle body, F1X
Old 10-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

FWI

ECS bracket DOES NOT work with Nick Williams Throttle body for those of you like us, buying it to work for that.

Only took $1300 bucks, several hours, and a few grinder wheels to figure that out.

Get notified of new replies

To F1X C6 guys, which bracket you using?

Old 10-21-2013, 05:53 PM
jon6.0
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Some folks have had bad luck trying to make a NW throttebody work with a boosted centri or turbo setup. Hopefully you won't have issues.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jon6.0
Some folks have had bad luck trying to make a NW throttebody work with a boosted centri or turbo setup. Hopefully you won't have issues.
What's the issue? Won't open under pressure? electric motor not enough power to open under air pressure load?

I made the setup work(mounted) but, after hours of dirty talk.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Never seen anyone have an issue on a centri/turbo cars. The PD cars like to suck them shut though.

Quick Reply: F1X C6 guys, which bracket you using?