C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billet Tech alternator Group Buy is here!

Old 09-05-2013, 12:15 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Default Billet Tech alternator Group Buy is here!

Many of us have grown tired of having under-performing alternators on our Corvettes. In the middle of the summer, pulling up to a stop light, both radiator fans going, A/C on high and you barely have enough voltage to keep your battery charged.
The factory Valeo is rated at 140 amps in most cases, but that's a best-case and not a full-operating temperature scenario. At full temperature and at idle, we're lucky to get even half of that 140 and lucky to get any decent voltage out of it when it's under load. It's simply not an efficient design.
Billet-Tech has engineered alternator that eliminates ALL of these issues. They are designed using the latest and greatest in alternator design, which has greatly increased the low-RPM efficiency and output.

Here's what Billet Tech says about their design:
"

The 6 Phase Advantage

Billet-Tech alternators employ cutting edge alternator technology not found in other aftermarket alternators. 6 phase hairpin stators make Billet-Tech alternators fundamentally more efficient than other aftermarket alternators. This new technology and increased efficiency equates to incredible output at extremely low engine RPM, less energy wasted in the form of heat, and more horsepower to the wheels. Also, because less heat is being generated, the internal components of Billet-Tech alternators last longer. This is especially beneficial on turbocharged and/or endurance racing vehicles with high engine compartment temperatures. All Billet-Tech alternators feature soldered stator and rectifier connections, with epoxy re-enforced stator connections, reducing the chance of vibration failures.

Billet-Tech units are built exclusively with precision balanced low-mass rotors that allow them to operate safely at shaft speeds of 20,000+ rpm. This high RPM capability, combined with excellent output at idle, gives the user a much broader operating RPM range, and more flexibility in the size of the crankshaft pulley used. A properly selected Billet-Tech alternator can even fix low voltage problems caused by using small diameter, or "under-driven" pulley ratios. The higher pole count in the rotor also results in less electromagnetic interference to cause problems with radios and other electronics.

As a final precaution, Billet-Tech alternators are constructed with twin high efficiency cooling fans, and twin internal rectifier plates. While other high performance alternators have only one rectifier with 6 diodes, Billet-Tech units boast 12 press fit diodes with 300% more surface area to dissipate heat. These considerations to cooling airflow and heat dissipation make Billet-Tech high performance alternators the most durable aftermarket alternators you can buy. If you are experiencing premature alternator failure, intermittent electrical accessory problems, or low voltage at any engine RPM, a Billet-Tech 6 phase alternator is the answer!

"So what is there to gain from using the Billet-Tech alternator over the factory original?"
Better system voltage. "So what does better system voltage gain me?"
Many of the electrical components in our cars will perform better with full voltage.
Our ignition coils, fuel injectors, fuel pumps, cooling fans, electric water pumps, headlights (and the list goes on) will all perform better with better system voltage.
Why go with a Billet-Tech alternator over others? Take a good look at the cases of the competitors and you will notice that none of them have the beefy, stronger ears that Billet-Tech provides on their cases. Instead, you'll find some skinny ears with pins pressed in. These are modified cases, designed for another vehicle, modified to fit our cars and not nearly as strong.
4 finish options offered: Machined, black anodized, polished and chrome.
5 outputs offered: 150amp, 170amp, 240amp, 270amp and 320amp.
2 Case options. The LS1 C5 case will provide up to an inch additional clearance for those members who could use the extra clearance due to taller valve covers or a modified coil mounting configuration.
The standard LS6 C5 case will sit down closer to the valve covers, providing the same clearance as the factory Valeo alternator.

Also available is the AVBM, which is allows you to adjust the alternator output voltage.

The last thing I'll share with you is a 14volt option. This involves the use of a 14volt AGM battery Excess Power battery, an external regulator and a custom alternator. The charge voltage for this system is around 17.5. What I can tell you is that there are many GM vehicles running around with this system with 0 issues. Billet Tech has a number of vehicles that they successfully tested before offering this special option. If you think you may benefit from this option, contact me and we can discuss it.

the Corvette will benefit greatly from even the entry level, 150amp units, but if you want a little extra, maybe step to the 170amp.

Billet-Tech has tested and compared their alternators to our factory units and their 170amp alternator will typically produce +1 volt and supply an additional 80 amps at full temperature, at idle speeds. In other words, the 170 will be more than enough to supply the Corvette with good voltage and have enough in reserve to support up to a 1500 watt stereo system.
Be careful when selecting your alternator. It takes more than most are aware of to drive a high output alternator. Unless you have a specific need to choose an alternator beyond 170amp, I would recommend that you choose between the 150 and 170amp models. Their low-RPM performance is significantly better than the higher amp models. It's a "give and take" situation and considering where most of our engines spend their time, the 150 and 170amp models will be the most suitable choice.

Considering what a factory rebuilt alternator costs, this is definitely the better, smarter choice. The pricing for the group buy is lower than can be publicly advertised, so you'll need to contact me for pricing. I am on vacation this week, but will do my best to respond to the thread and pricing inquiries in a timely fashion. The best way to contact me for this group buy is via email. You can email me directly @ blownbluez06@gmail.com

10 alternators is what is needed to achieve this group pricing level. Payment will be collected with your purchase commitment. For this group buy, I'll accept check, money order, PayPal, or credit card with a greater discount offered when paying by check or money order.
Attached Images   

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance; 09-07-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Email sent.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:22 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Unreal
Email sent.
Replied.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:48 AM
jerho
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

How much for the alternator
Old 09-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

He said he can't post the price on here because it is below MAP. The price is very good and I hope this goes through.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:42 AM
mastergunner
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are the prices?
Old 09-06-2013, 12:26 PM
jon6.0
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Please PM me a price for 150 and 170 versions. My stereo is 800 watts. Which should I choose?
Old 09-06-2013, 01:33 PM
kedar
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Will these throw any codes on a C6?
Old 09-06-2013, 04:47 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

What are the MSRP prices?
Old 09-06-2013, 04:58 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by carlrx7
You can find info on their web site: http://billetalternator.com

BJK
Old 09-06-2013, 05:15 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp
You can find info on their web site: http://billetalternator.com

BJK
Thanks, Looks like MSRP pricing starts at 599 and up.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Unreal
He said he can't post the price on here because it is below MAP. The price is very good and I hope this goes through.
Thanks

The deal is done guys! No group to "make"!!

Now it's a limited offer.
You order it, you get it.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by mastergunner
What are the prices?
PM'd to you sir.

Originally Posted by jon6.0
Please PM me a price for 150 and 170 versions. My stereo is 800 watts. Which should I choose?
I would still recommend the 170amp. Pricing PM'd

Originally Posted by kedar
Will these throw any codes on a C6?
No sir.

Thanks, Looks like MSRP pricing starts at 599 and up.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:36 AM
neveret
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please pm price for black 170amp model please.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:18 PM
EricT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please pm me a price for the 150 and 170.
Thanks.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:16 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by neveret
please pm price for black 170amp model please.
Originally Posted by Z06-TT
can i get a price on a Black one. with 170 and 240

thanks
Originally Posted by EricT
Please pm me a price for the 150 and 170.
Thanks.
Sent!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:53 PM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Is this still going on?....PM me a price for a 170 amp black please.

Get notified of new replies

To Billet Tech alternator Group Buy is here!

Old 09-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by trayack
Is this still going on?....PM me a price for a 170 amp black please.
Yes. For a few more weeks.

PM sent.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:11 AM
ZX-6r
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by crickster
PM sent.
replied.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Billet Tech alternator Group Buy is here!