C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High milage and turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 12:10 AM
B20forlife
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default High milage and turbo

Hi everyone I'm in the market for buying a c6. I found a couple with a little over 100k miles with a 6 speed trans going for 20k. I really want a 6 speed and not an auto. I would like to go turbo right off the bat. But don't know if 100k is to many miles to go turbo. I'm looking at ls2 model c6's. I was planning on upp twin kit with their fuel system upgrade. A clutch upgrade and exhaust. Then after that going wide body in the rear with some drag radials. The plan is for 650-700 hp reliable. I see people put 600-650 on ls2 with superchargers so a turbo should be more efficient right? I built many imports in the past ranging from 400whp to my last civic was 852whp on e85. I really want a c6 but I also want to be able to have power. Be able to run consistent 10 sec passes while still being on 91 pump gas. I also have a friend that's building a 5.3 single turbo fox at the moment and would like to be able to beat him on highway pulls. He is shooting for 600whp. So all that said is 100k miles to much for a turbo ls2 c6? I know the importance of a tune and I will be having that done by a professional at a shop. Also the reason for not buying a lower milage c6 is that it won't leave me with enough cash to do a turbo setup correctly. Thanks and your input is highly appreciated.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:52 AM
1320IN9
Le Mans Master

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

I don't see an issue with that, do a compression and leak down test to make sure the engine is healthy, if it is then start modding
Old 07-22-2013, 10:31 AM
robertaj
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by B20forlife
Hi everyone I'm in the market for buying a c6. I found a couple with a little over 100k miles with a 6 speed trans going for 20k. I really want a 6 speed and not an auto. I would like to go turbo right off the bat. But don't know if 100k is to many miles to go turbo. I'm looking at ls2 model c6's. I was planning on upp twin kit with their fuel system upgrade. A clutch upgrade and exhaust. Then after that going wide body in the rear with some drag radials. The plan is for 650-700 hp reliable. I see people put 600-650 on ls2 with superchargers so a turbo should be more efficient right? I built many imports in the past ranging from 400whp to my last civic was 852whp on e85. I really want a c6 but I also want to be able to have power. Be able to run consistent 10 sec passes while still being on 91 pump gas. I also have a friend that's building a 5.3 single turbo fox at the moment and would like to be able to beat him on highway pulls. He is shooting for 600whp. So all that said is 100k miles to much for a turbo ls2 c6? I know the importance of a tune and I will be having that done by a professional at a shop. Also the reason for not buying a lower milage c6 is that it won't leave me with enough cash to do a turbo setup correctly. Thanks and your input is highly appreciated.
if the 5-6k for a lower mileage c6 is a breaking point for you and modding the car then I would say you shouldn't do it.

Forgetting the fact that the car has 100k on it.. there is always something that breaks when you mod any car and if you can't manage to dump another few grand (In case, I'm not saying it WILL break, but when you mod things you beat on things, and when you beat on things you break things)

Get notified of new replies

To High milage and turbo

Quick Reply: High milage and turbo