C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

boost gauges wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:35 AM
derekguzz
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost gauges wiring question

Ok so I got my glowshift boost and fuel gauges in. I started on the wiring but stoped due to me now having a drill to drill through the fire wall. Anyway....

I need a constant power source, switched and a headlight source for my power wires. I know the trunk button (brown wire)-(switched?) is one and one of the yellow wires under the steering column. I dont know where a headlight source would be best to tie into.

So if anyone can help to let me know what and which ones would be best to tie into tha would be huge, thanks !
Old 07-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Atomic C6
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I had the same issue. I ended up pulling a wire from the main fuse box in the engine compartment through the large grommet under the battery on the fire wall over to the gauge. I put a jumper on the low beam head light fuse. I used 3m 5200 to seal the hole I put in the grommet. Good luck
Old 07-03-2013, 07:00 PM
derekguzz
Melting Slicks

ok so I hooked them all up and after a short ride noticed my boost gauge was reading -8 while driving and -13 while idle. When the car is off it goes back to 0......Then all of a sudden I assume I got a vaccum leak as my check engine light came on and it was running a bit rough. The vaccum line it came with is clear and cheap and I will be replacing that soon.

Any ideas or hints?

Get notified of new replies

To boost gauges wiring question

Quick Reply: boost gauges wiring question